High Protien/Acidophilus

Rhapsody

Awards
Due to the high protien most of us ingest.....wouldn't it be wise to add Acidophilus to our daily supplements???

I picked up a bottle today at GNC just to see if it might make a differance somehow? Only problem with what I bought was there are only 500,000 live cells in a capsule....and the recommended daily dose is a billion live cells. So, for the money I think it could be found online cheaper and in a capsule that carries the entire 1 billion live cells.

Anyone already use it??

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
You mean for digestive ezymatic purposes?

Rhapsody

Awards
yeah...help break down the protein a little easier.......better digestion.

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
Or you could jsut take bromelain...Bromelain, found in pineapple, is a digestive enzyme that breaks down protein. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that have been scientifically shown to be effective in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Bromelain helps cells effectively shed fluids and fats. It aids healthy digestion by naturally breaking down fat from food. No side effects.

Rhapsody

Awards
Or you could jsut take bromelain...Bromelain, found in pineapple, is a digestive enzyme that breaks down protein. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that have been scientifically shown to be effective in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Bromelain helps cells effectively shed fluids and fats. It aids healthy digestion by naturally breaking down fat from food. No side effects.

Well, this is very interesting........where can you find it???

I think I'd rather take bromelain than eat a pineapple since I'm so anti carb....LOL

I'll definitely look into it. You would think more doctors would put people on this type of supplement as prevention......

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
Any GNC/vitamin shoppe or local supp store.....my wife takes it all the time because of digestion problems. It will be under digestive enzymes

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Bromelain helps cells effectively shed fluids and fats. It aids healthy digestion by naturally breaking down fat from food. No side effects.
Bromelain has done good stuff for my mom's Gout along with MSM, her doctor said Bromelain MUST be taken on an empty stomach if used for inflamation or BEFORE/AFTER a meal for digestion. I don't know why this is but the doc said it must be taken that way.

Jjaden

Awards
Bromelan and Acidophelous are basically two different things and have totally different uses.

Bromelan or is a digestive enzyme aiding in protein breakdown and digestion while Acidophelous is a friendly bacterious taken to promote normal and healthy function of the gut.

Any time you take anti biotics or suffer from any kind of upset stomach or food poisoning, your friendly bacteria are decimated and it takes them time to return to normal levels and aid in proper function of the gut. This is where acidophelous can play a major role in aiding the digestive tract.

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
Ginger works in the digestive system by helping protect the gastric system by increasing the pH of stomach acid, reducing its acidity, thereby lower the rate of gastric secretions, and increasing digestive enzyme activity. Rather than blocking the feelings of nausea in the brain, it acts directly on the stomach and liver to reduce nausea and vomiting. Its aminly for nausea and gas...

spike1205

Awards
ive heard ginger root was good for digesting protein too

motleybreu

Awards
ahhh, guess i need to increase the dosage of it to help prevent that gas....

LYFORD

Awards
Actually Acidophilus would be a great idea just take the 500,000 three times daily in between meals.This will insure that you create "good" intestonial flora which is why acidophilus is a probiotic friendly bacteria

Lyford

Rhapsody

Awards
Well, I'm taking it........can't hurt anything. Will see how it goes...

I think I'm starting to take too many supplements .....LOL Seems like I'm constantly reaching in my back pack for a bottle...LOL

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
Bromelain, eh? Hell, maybe this is the answer I've been looking for in my other thread. I have problems keeping the damn protein in, first thing in the morning.