Muscular-arms Be-Gone (SOS)

MiniMama

Awards
As a longtime lurker on this site, I have wanted to post this question. However, I'm unsure if this is the place to do so....but here it goes.

I'm 5'5, 135 lbs. I eat small meals every 2-3-hrs....not always the best choices. Sometimes I give in to sugar cravings, especially ice-cream late nights, or a few chips. The later I'm awake the more tempted I am to snacking. I do good during the day however. I'm having trouble disciplining myself w/that. I know the more I give in, the more I'll crave....so who has a possible solution for that....besides just plain will-power & wiring my mouth shut after 7 (lol)?

I just learned about the HIIT on the tread, and have implemented that into my regular daily cardio. The majority of my workout is cardio. Twice a week I use 3-lb dumbells and resistance bands. The fitness ball bothers my back. Can't really lift heavy weight due to auto accident, and would not want to anyways because I've done the heavier weight under a certified-trainer, and I was looking like Baby-Swartzeneggar (sp). I don't like the bulk on me, it makes me look too masculine for my taste.

I'm interested in toning up more. But my main goal is to slim-down my naturally-muscular upper arms. I want the slender feminie arms that I had 3yrs ago. I am a female & I know that muscle is desirable for most due to many health reasons, aging, etc. But I still believe I can be healthy w/slender toned femine arms too.

I have about 1 1/2-inches of loose skin in the underarms. I am currently using the CLA & EC, ON Shakes & fasted-cardio. 60-min day on tread (30-mornings fasted & 30 evenings). Also difficulty falling asleep due to the caffeine I guess. I do take multi-vitamin, Omega-3,6,9 capsule & liquid, Biotin, iron, B-12, Vit-C, Calcium w/vit-D, 2-TBSP Flaxseed Meal day, tons of water (4 caffeine-free diet cokes a day also...I just gave up 6-8 caffeine diet cokes)....just empty calories there but I'm getting much better w/the sodas.

Sorry I can't post pics at this time. But can anyone suggest how I might accomplish my goal here? I think I would almost have to lose some muscle in the arms (scary thing to say on here...lol); or would I have to keep losing until desired weight is achieved, then tone the arms up? I'm fairly small & petite, but I have these big Serena Williams arms that I do not find attractive for my fairly-small frame. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

acshadow

acshadow

Awards
  • Established
to help with late night cravings, brush your teeth earlier and you will be less likely to cheat

MiniMama

Awards
Thx acshadow, that's a good tip....I'll do that.

Arzi75

Awards
Sometimes I give in to sugar cravings, especially ice-cream late nights, or a few chips.
That sounds awfully too familiar. Sweltering hot summer nights with a tub of ice-cream - a BAD combo, but it tastes so good! ;)

In all seriousness, I have noticed that it takes will-power for a week or two - after you have managed to go week or two without, you'd amazed how quick your body will forget the addiction you have developed by making the choice to consume those snacks and acclimatized your body to that extra sugar.

By making the opposite choices your body will be become de-acclimatized - freed from that addiction - just as quick. But for that one or so week, in my mind, yes, you need to exert some will-power.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Do more cardio then if you do give into the cravings you haven't really made things as bad.

CROWLER

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome!

Lots of good suggestions here.

If you do find that are cheating too often I would suggest trying some Healthy Cheat Foods Low Carb Chips: Low Carb Chip Mix (3 lb) By Healthy Cheat Foods

A little salsa probably wouldn't hurt either. This isn't an end all answer, but it will help on those nights that you cave to your cravings :thumbsup:

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
You could also try popping some form of hoodia at night at around 7 or so.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
DRink Green Tea alot. I was at 3 cups a day and noticed more tone. I was also at cardio 2x a week and a "lighter" diet, not much though.

EDIT: Not sure about Arizona and all those brands but i am talking Green Tea packets. Especially before a run, and then right after.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
DRink Green Tea alot. I was at 3 cups a day and noticed more tone. I was also at cardio 2x a week and a "lighter" diet, not much though.

EDIT: Not sure about Arizona and all those brands but i am talking Green Tea packets. Especially before a run, and then right after.
Have you tried adding Liquid Sucralose to your GT? That's what I'm drinking right now. :thumbsup:

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried adding Liquid Sucralose to your GT? That's what I'm drinking right now. :thumbsup:
No but maybe ill give it a shot....thanks man.

Are you just adding this for taste? If so I don't need it. I usually put the packet in my mouth after i drink th cupp to to get ALL of it...hahaha yea a bit crazy but its so pure. I almost ripped one open once and just ate it to see how it went....still havent tried it.

MiniMama

Awards
Thanks for the warm welcome.

This is great advice. I am going to follow all your suggestions as much as possible; I know you guys/gals are the real-deal. Thanks so much for all your suggestions.

ARZI75 I'm going to do my best to commit to exerting will power.....I know that's really key to getting & staying fit.

Makavelithadon I take it the hoodia is to help w/falling asleep? I've never tried it.

MentalTwitch...I completely forgot about the green-tea. I have plenty of the bags also. I'll start w/that tomorrow morning.

Crowler Pretty clever.....that's exactly what I keep trying to do....but I've been trying to burn the additional after cheating versus prior...right now I think I'm just breaking even, so now I'm going to follow your suggestion.

Stxnas Good looking out!!! I'll replace my unhealthy snacks w/a couple of healthy cheats....and hopefully I won't like them if I get that urge. I've cleaned-out my cupboards & frig b4 (of the unhealthy snacks), but only to replace them w/worse. So I'll try replacing my chips & ice-cream for healthier versions.....for now....just incase.

Hope I didn't miss ne1. I can't thank you all enough...really!!!

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the warm welcome.

This is great advice. I am going to follow all your suggestions as much as possible; I know you guys/gals are the real-deal. Thanks so much for all your suggestions.

ARZI75 I'm going to do my best to commit to exerting will power.....I know that's really key to getting & staying fit.

Makavelithadon I take it the hoodia is to help w/falling asleep? I've never tried it.

MentalTwitch...I completely forgot about the green-tea. I have plenty of the bags also. I'll start w/that tomorrow morning.

Crowler Pretty clever.....that's exactly what I keep trying to do....but I've been trying to burn the additional after cheating versus prior...right now I think I'm just breaking even, so now I'm going to follow your suggestion.

Stxnas Good looking out!!! I'll replace my unhealthy snacks w/a couple of healthy cheats....and hopefully I won't like them if I get that urge. I've cleaned-out my cupboards & frig b4 (of the unhealthy snacks), but only to replace them w/worse. So I'll try replacing my chips & ice-cream for healthier versions.....for now....just incase.

Hope I didn't miss ne1. I can't thank you all enough...really!!!

No, hoodia is an appetite suppressant. You mentioned you had cravings late at night. So I thought maybe taking an app suppressent like hoodia at around 7 at night would help out those cravings at night.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
No, hoodia is an appetite suppressant. You mentioned you had cravings late at night. So I thought maybe taking an app suppressent like hoodia at around 7 at night would help out those cravings at night.
HAve you ever tried it? I am always curious to how good it is. Also there are so many manufacturers, does Extract % or anything like that get involved. I may give it a shot soon if its good stuff. For some reason i always doubted it....?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I have tried it. And to my surprise it really did work. But you have to take it fairly consistently throughout the day. Like for instance, one dose in the afternoon won't last you through the entire rest of the day and through the night until you go to bed. I took it morning, mid afternoon, and then AGAIN when I got home from the gym at around 7 or 8 to last me through the night til I went to bed.

Also I decided to do the mega hoodia from NOW foods, since I have always had good luck with there products. They generally make solid products IMO.

That's my two cents on it anyways :D

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I have tried it. And to my surprise it really did work. But you have to take it fairly consistently throughout the day. Like for instance, one dose in the afternoon won't last you through the entire rest of the day and through the night until you go to bed. I took it morning, mid afternoon, and then AGAIN when I got home from the gym at around 7 or 8 to last me through the night til I went to bed.

Also I decided to do the mega hoodia from NOW foods, since I have always had good luck with there products. They generally make solid products IMO.

That's my two cents on it anyways :D

Good to know. Yea, NOW seems to make good stuff.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey mama welcome to the best board this side of the nut house....:welcome: .....alot of good people on here!!

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
Since everybody knows I'd suggest setroids for a common headache or even a bad hair day,heres my advice,get your hands on same Anavar,10mg ED is a good starting point for a woman,and work with some Clen if you can handle it....My girl would give you this same advice but she's not into the whole forum thing,Up your water,people think by upping there water that they will hold more water weight,which can be true for a couple pounds but in the end more water is the best thing for weight loss besides cardio,just burn more calories than you take in,stick with a super clean dieat,of whole grains,veggies,lean protien,Plain Oatmeal,Egg Whites,chicken breasts,etc...,those small meals you are eating is good,just make sure your getting your protien in first then carbs,obviously stay away from ice cream and such,so much other tasty stuff out there instead,fat free sorbet,sherbert,etc...fresh fruit,etc....or like my girl does,chew some gum,gets that craving for the most part,Good luck....Anavar and Clen are your new best friends,you just have to kick it w/ them a bit'....;)
Tripdog is a perfect example of what a chick on Anavar will look like:lol:

And don't be fooled by what you hear,....Steroids and Violence SOLVE EVERYTHING!!!!

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
I'm 5'5, 135 lbs. I eat small meals every 2-3-hrs....not always the best choices. Sometimes I give in to sugar cravings, especially ice-cream late nights, or a few chips. .
That is the main problem,and Obviously you realize it also as you mentioned it,discipline is key,w/o discipline the lbs will not come off,you have to tell yourself,do I want this piece of cake,or do I want to continue towards my goals of losing this weight...It will most likely take you a good year to get where you want,body wise...and thats an awful lot of pieces of cake,icecream,chips....here/there....every bite you take makes a difference,don't think it doesn't,it does very much so...pretty much any diet you see that has a "cheat" day,is straight BS,its simple as burning more calories than you take in,and keeping away the fat,Anything fried such as chips for example,should not be going in your body...I know its harsh,but this is the truth,None of usw ant to hear it,but thats how it goes...its knowledge,then discipline...:thumbsup:

MiniMama

Awards
Thank you MakaveliThaDon.

I saw this hoodia S. African suppressant at Wally-world. I started to purchase until I noticed it came from South Africa. I'm still on that China & S. Africa scare.

MiniMama

Awards
hey mama welcome to the best board this side of the nut house....:welcome: .....alot of good people on here!!
LOL...
You guys/gals are the best! Thanks for the welcome......

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking about this for na minute last night,I think what will help you lose arm muscle is an easy fix.....

Catabolism....when you work the muscle,and do not feed it properly(protien,carbs,etc)it will cannibalize itself and musclwe will dwindle down to whee you want....this is what all of us who bodybuild strive hard NOT to do,but losing the muscle is pretty easy,just keep doing cardio,do some high rep weights,and stay away from protien and fat,don't eat for a couple hrs after your workout...and you will see muscle dissappear fast,I know this for a fact...And in my girl situation,when her arms get bigger(muscle)her chest looks smaller,a larger chest(implants) defenitely makes your arms look smaller also,as she's been working out her arms are getting biger(toned) and she's ready to get her chest even bigger now...

MiniMama

Awards
Since everybody knows I'd suggest setroids for a common headache or even a bad hair day,heres my advice,get your hands on same Anavar,10mg ED is a good starting point for a woman,and work with some Clen if you can handle it....My girl would give you this same advice but she's not into the whole forum thing,Up your water,people think by upping there water that they will hold more water weight,which can be true for a couple pounds but in the end more water is the best thing for weight loss besides cardio,just burn more calories than you take in,stick with a super clean dieat,of whole grains,veggies,lean protien,Plain Oatmeal,Egg Whites,chicken breasts,etc...,those small meals you are eating is good,just make sure your getting your protien in first then carbs,obviously stay away from ice cream and such,so much other tasty stuff out there instead,fat free sorbet,sherbert,etc...fresh fruit,etc....or like my girl does,chew some gum,gets that craving for the most part,Good luck....Anavar and Clen are your new best friends,you just have to kick it w/ them a bit'....;)
Tripdog is a perfect example of what a chick on Anavar will look like:lol:

And don't be fooled by what you hear,....Steroids and
Violence SOLVE EVERYTHING!!!!
More good advice, wow!! Thank you.

So fill-up on the Protein first huh? I definitely never knew that...Whew!!! I have lots to learn. I know a lady that says she takes Clenbuterol to cut her cravings for drugs. Is it suppose to cut food cravings as well? If so, she still eats excessively while on it....probably just her though.

What is the Anavar known for? I'm afraid of steriods.

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
Well normally if your wanting to maintain and build muscle,you want as much protien as possible,however on the complete opposite if you want to lose muscle,basically if your not getting protien and working arms out a few times a week,you will put them into a state of Catabolism...which your arms will be over worked,cortisol kicking in,stopping them from growing and not getting protien,the muscle will feed off itself and dissappear on its own...and Clenbuterol is easily abused/misunderstood...but helps burn more fat,which will also lessen the size of anyones arms...You should look into Meridia...curbs the appetite...my girl takes meridia in the morning and she can barely eat until evening...very effective in appetite controll...also an ECA stack(Ephedrine,Caffiene,Aspirin) will burn alot of fat and spped things up...Protien is gonna maintain the muscle you have,however take the protien out and your muscle will go away fast...feel free to pm me your stats,i can tell you exactly what to do...your friend has clen?Will they hook you up if needed?Ask them if they can get you some meridia....or have you ever heard of MelanotanII...Gets you a dark tan,suppress's appetite,and makes you horny....They call it the Barbie drug...you will lose some weight on that stuff too,and get a crzy dark mtan also,which is a huge perk...:thumbsup:
More good advice, wow!! Thank you.

So fill-up on the Protein first huh? I definitely never knew that...Whew!!! I have lots to learn. I know a lady that says she takes Clenbuterol to cut her cravings for drugs. Is it suppose to cut food cravings as well? If so, she still eats excessively while on it....probably just her though.

What is the Anavar known for? I'm afraid of steriods.

MiniMama

Awards
Thanks Getswole I like the harsh reality of brutal honesty. That also motivates me.

I understand the time involved for overall weight-loss. However, it's my arms that I'm most concerned with slimming down. I know we generally lose weight evenly throughout, so I guess it all goes together.

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Getswole I like the harsh reality of brutal honesty. That also motivates me.

I understand the time involved for overall weight-loss. However, it's my arms that I'm most concerned with slimming down. I know we generally lose weight evenly throughout, so I guess it all goes together.
Not always,you can lose more specifically arms since you can keeped them over worked by working them out 3-4 times a week,always keep them really wore out...this will cuase the specific arm muscles to be in a stste where they will feed off theirselves in a sence,they will dissapate more quickly for that reason...keep them really sore from very high rep workouts,like 40-50 reps of dumbell curls,or knee (cheat) pushups....and deprive yourself of protien and you will shrink...muscle wise anyways...if you can get clen from your friend pm me and I can give you a dosing cycle to start,meridia will also be very helpfull

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
You should post some pictures so we can see exactly what your talking about,seeing pictures I could suggest certain workouts to tone certain parts of the arms ,to keep them toned as they shrink,so your not just left with flab...which wouldn't be good

and yes anavar is a steroid,but is the one that is the most woman friendly,although still must be watched closely.

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
On anotrher note,unless you can see veins popping up in your biceps and such,and arms are rock hard...then there is alot of fat on them,probably just normal,but still alot of fat that has to get burned off until you actually see the muscle underneath...women tend to carry alot of fat on their arms,the deck is stacked against you;)

MiniMama

Awards
Welcome, MiniMama. It's great that you decided to start posting. :thumbsup:

As far as the late-night cravings go, maybe you should try allowing yourself to have a food that you enjoy that is better for you than ice cream or chips. For example, have a tablespoon of peanut butter with some tea, or a small handful of walnuts (which will help you sleep) or some cashews. It can sometimes be easier to say to yourself, "Okay, I'm going to have some walnuts instead of those chips", because you are substituting a food versus trying to completely abstain from eating. The example foods I listed all have some protein, quality fats, and are low glycemic. I personally have some walnuts or some all-natural peanut butter before bed most nights.

Regarding your arms being muscular, it sounds as though you are a mesomorph body type. My wife is also naturally "muscular" so I think I understand where you're coming from. She has done a great job getting leaner recently and I've noticed that her arms are much slimmer, even though she is as strong as ever -- she can bench 100 with a spot, which is pretty respectable.

You are definitely not overweight (I am not saying that!), but because you are in good shape that means that if you lose another 5 pounds there's a good chance your upper arms will
get leaner as well.
Yep that's exactly the body-type that I was cursed, I mean blessed with (lol). I do like almonds, macademia, walnuts, etc. & the fruits that was suggested as well. I've done good over the past 2-days w/no cheats except the caffeine-free diet-coke.....The cashier that rings my soda's up asked me why do I even bother drinking them. He said there's nothing in caffeine-free-diet-coke.

When I was smaller I did have slender arms inspite of my body-type, so you have an excellent point about losing more weight.......I've upped my cardio, water & implemented the greentea. I've taken lots of notes from you all & I can't go wrong w/all this good advice. Thanks so much.

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
heres a pic of my girl,she has naturally more upper bods and arms then most girls,but she trains and uses it to her advantage..

iSN'T SHE HOT...i CAN PUT YOU ON THE SAME PROGRAM AS WE USE FOR HER....;)

MiniMama

Awards
GetSwole

I just posted you a long message and somehow it got wiped-out somewhere; then an error message appeared that I was either not logged-in or authorized to post. Well, I've gotta try to get some zzzzz now, but I will definitely follow your suggestions to the T..........you & others have been my saving-grace. You addressed EXACTLY the issue that I have & was unable to put into proper wording. Yes, I want to do the opposite of what most bodybuilders do when it comes to arms. I do have naturally muscular arms w/very little fat & the unsightly vertical-veins running down the inner arms (I heard horse-chestnut gets rid of the veins, unsure though). I have loaded up on the protein lately & will pitch & ditch it later this morning. I will try to get some clen, can't ask that particular person, she's actually a client of mine. I know I can get the meridia though.....I use to get phentermine so I'll see if I can get the clen from the same place. Never heard of the Barbie-pill, I'm naturally tan though (not as dark as your girly though...her's is nice on her)

Does it matter the weight of the dumb-bells, mine are only 3-lbs (prev neck & bk injuries so can't lift heavy). I'm currently on EC thanks to this board, but w/o the A......(1-day I take 25mg of E & 200mg of C). I have lost 1-1 1/2 inches just in the two wks I've been on it.....in every area except the arms though. I love the idea that you mention of catabolism, I totally understand that....thank you thank you!!! I'll pm you once I get these supplements. Sorry currently don't have the capability to post pics just yet.

Your girl has an amazing body....thanks for sharing her photos. Her upper & lower arms look the same size which mine use to. But now my upper are much bigger than lower & I was told that it makes me look like a linebacker. I have a similiar body type to your girlfriend (I think). I am slightly bow-legged & it looks like she may be also, or maybe her legs are just real curvy.....she has a beautiful body. And yes, I need her exact regimen, program, etc. she looks very well toned & I need to get myself down to her size. Thank you so much for the time w/me like this.....that goes for all of you.

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
No problem,try to pm me again tomorrow or whenever,I'll be glad to get you headed in the right direction...

HGH would help you also,tightens everything and strips fat over a month or so,just very good all around,one of the few things that can actually extend your life span if used properly...

MiniMama

Awards
No problem,try to pm me again tomorrow or whenever,I'll be glad to get you headed in the right direction...

HGH would help you also,tightens everything and strips fat over a month or so,just very good all around,one of the few things that can actually extend your life span if used properly...

Hello Getswole, I pm'd you my stats on 8-25; did you get it? It seems to be working for me now.