weight just hanging around - AnabolicMinds.com

weight just hanging around

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

weight just hanging around

ok heres the deal, i just joined the gym 2 months ago and haev been training every other day very hard, i see good size in muscle but am not losing my gut, i am built great in arms cheast shoulders etc, but i have a belly, i have been a slacker with cardio and have seen that fasted cardio is the way to go so starting today im gonna run every day(fasted). But heres my delema, i take a weight gainer to help me recover after workouts, its up your mass, i take half the dose about 250 calories 2-3 times a day as a meal replacement really. Do you think this is hurting me? my diet is on point i have cut alll the crap out. only other thing i take is Creatine Ethyl ester. pre/intra workout. I dont want to take any stim or fat burners i want to go natural, so what do you think? Is this weight gainer hurting me? i want to get big at the same time burn my belly, someone please advise, and i have read alot but it all seems geared to individuals.

2. New Member

I would say drop the weight gainer. Most of them are just full of crap that you don't need. Switch the weight gainer for a good protein powder, it will help you recover from your workouts without adding fat. A lot of people swear by Ultimate Nutrition, including me. Only you can know if your diet is truly in order. If you want post it, so others can review it and make suggestions.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

I agree, go with a protein powder, you don't need a weight gainer unless you have topped out on muscle gains. Do some form of cardio, keep a clean diet and a non stim fat burner is still considered natural by most. If nothing else a good dose of fish oil.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    I agree, go with a protein powder, you don't need a weight gainer unless you have topped out on muscle gains. Do some form of cardio, keep a clean diet and a non stim fat burner is still considered natural by most. If nothing else a good dose of fish oil.

what a good non stim fat burner? is hydroxycut any good?

and what is a good protein supp, the other guy recommended ultimate nutrition, im not sure if local store has it, but ill look, now am i getting a protein drink (straight protein nothing else in it?)
  5. New Member

Just plain 100% whey protein is what your looking for. You can always consider shopping online. It's always the cheapest way to go in my experience, try NutraPlanet. And I hope that by local store you don't mean GNC.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by drewh10987 View Post
    Just plain 100% whey protein is what your looking for. You can always consider shopping online. It's always the cheapest way to go in my experience, try NutraPlanet. And I hope that by local store you don't mean GNC.
    no we have a pretty darn good nutrition store, that caters to body building etc.

Since i recently bought CEE powder which i plan on taking with my pre and intra workout, do you think i should get some bcaa's as well or do you think the whey protein will be enough to help with building muscle.
  7. New Member

Protein alone will help. The addition of BCAAs will help even more and I would recommend picking some up. You could hold off on the BCAAs for a little while if you wanted since you haven't been back in the gym that long, thats up to you, but if you have the money I'd say get them.
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

DCP is a good non stim fatburner, you can add fish oil and Sesathin to that to amp it up with no stims.

A good whey protein is all you need. BCAA's like Extend will help even more as a during workout drink.

As for the whey its more your preference.
  9. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Also sounds like you might have some VAT issues from elevated cortisol.

Can you describe your belly? Is it jiggly, or firm to the touch?
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.

first of all your not gonna drop your gut in 2 months so just keep at it and be patient... secondly once you get past your newb gains your either going to have to concentrate on building mucle or dropping fat, since it will become increasingly difficult to do both at the same time

if your looking to lose your gut you have two basic options... either up your cardio or drop your calories
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

oh its jiggly, its probally from elevated cortisol levels, i have been taking some bcomplex but is there anything else i could do?, so weird entire body is tight but love handles and mid to lower half of belly:hot:

ok so i toook pic to show u please no funnies

12. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sounds like a combination of VAT and SAT. I would look into something like Lean Extreme, 11-OXO, or Abliderate to target that fat first.

And dump the weight gainers in favor of high quality protein and mix it with ground oats.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

VAT and SAT? im lost with theses acronyms.

I plan on getting some good bcaas like extend and some whey protein, this is a pic approx 1 month ago before i joined the gym, my gut still lokks the same but arms and upper body a bit puffier from workout, but no miracles yet
  14. New Member

Don't go looking for miracles. Put in the effort and dedication and you will see the rewards of your hard work. There is nothing that is going to bring you miracle results, at least legally.

I would say switch to a good protein powder, pick up some BCAAs, keep a strict diet, and start doing some fasted cardio and you should start seeing good results in no time.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by drewh10987 View Post
    Don't go looking for miracles. Put in the effort and dedication and you will see the rewards of your hard work. There is nothing that is going to bring you miracle results, at least legally.

I would say switch to a good protein powder, pick up some BCAAs, keep a strict diet, and start doing some fasted cardio and you should start seeing good results in no time.
    cool i found some bulk bcaas from BN it has Combined in a precise 2:1:1 ratio of Leucine:Isoleucine:Valine will that do? i am assuming its flavorless or maybe awful? either way is that what i need? i also see people mixing bulk and extend? or am i reading that wrong.
  16. New Member

That's exactly what your looking for. Some people choose to mix their bulk BCAAs with something like extend. Personally I just use the bulk BCAAs by itself and that works good for me. Just add 30 grams or so in a gallon of water along with some crystal light to cover up the taste then just start sipping on it 15 to 30 minutes before your workout and continue drinking it during and after your workout.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

BCAAs are a great addition. Remember if you are having them before fasted cardio then you really want Leucine and not the combo of Isoleucine and Valine as these can be converted for energy. There are many threads out there, but here is a link about BCAAs and fasted cardio:

POWERFULL before fasted AM Cardio

Also, I agree with earlier threads about recommending DCP. It has worked great for me. Although I presonally have not tried it, I've seen quite a few people recommend DCP and Leviathan.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

so i bought some multi pro whey isolate from IDS (chocolate cost me 40 byucks for 5lbs of it. how much protein would you recomend on lift days vs non lift days?

any other bulk whey and company anyone recomend that is better or cheaper. i need to get these BCaa's ordered tonight..
  19. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Consume 1-1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight per day at regular intervals.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

i just found an artcile that says about 1.2g per kg of weight so im 215 thats roughly 98kg x 1.2 = 118g jesus!!!my protein powder is only 26g per scoop, i would have to take 6 scoops throught out the entire day can this be right? if so at 67 servings per container thats about 12 days worth for 40 bucks WOW, i hope this is a bad dream please let me know if im close to being right,,,,
  21. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by frezel View Post
    so i bought some multi pro whey isolate from IDS (chocolate cost me 40 byucks for 5lbs of it. how much protein would you recomend on lift days vs non lift days?

any other bulk whey and company anyone recomend that is better or cheaper. i need to get these BCaa's ordered tonight..
    You need to get in at least as much protein in as you weigh on all days, lifting or non. You can get some of it in with fish, chicken etc..

Extend is a good tasting BCAA. All protein is expensive so once again personal preference.
  22. NutraPlanet Fanatic

VAT and SAT? im lost with theses acronyms.

I plan on getting some good bcaas like extend and some whey protein, this is a pic approx 1 month ago before i joined the gym, my gut still lokks the same but arms and upper body a bit puffier from workout, but no miracles yet
    VAT = Visceral Adipose Tissue. It is what is stored underneath the muscle and around your organs, and makes your waist circumference large. People with VAT problems can even have a 6 pack, but it will pooch out making them look like they have a belly. At your bodyfat level, this should be first priority, as it contributes to insulin resistance/diabetes and is extremely unhealthy.
  23. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by waimoku View Post
    BCAAs are a great addition. Remember if you are having them before fasted cardio then you really want Leucine and not the combo of Isoleucine and Valine as these can be converted for energy. There are many threads out there, but here is a link about BCAAs and fasted cardio:

POWERFULL before fasted AM Cardio

Also, I agree with earlier threads about recommending DCP. It has worked great for me. Although I presonally have not tried it, I've seen quite a few people recommend DCP and Leviathan.

Good eye bro, and they sell bulk Leucine on NP. I'm going to purchase some soon, and use it with fasted cardio.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

The bulk Leucine at NP is a great deal. However, I can say the taste sucks! I just ordered a capper to avoid the taste.

25. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by waimoku View Post
    The bulk Leucine at NP is a great deal. However, I can say the taste sucks! I just ordered a capper to avoid the taste.

Kwik Karb blunts the taste somewhat. You should also use a fruity crystal light or propel to cover the taste.

Capping BCAAs is NOT fun.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Thanks for the tip with crystal lite and quick carb. I forgot how Leucine clings to things, I bet it is a pain in the butt to cap.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    VAT = Visceral Adipose Tissue. It is what is stored underneath the muscle and around your organs, and makes your waist circumference large. People with VAT problems can even have a 6 pack, but it will pooch out making them look like they have a belly. At your bodyfat level, this should be first priority, as it contributes to insulin resistance/diabetes and is extremely unhealthy.
    a while back my dr did say i had a fatty liver, i really shoudl go and have blood work done, i wanted to stay natural as i am scared of side effects things like Lean Extreme, 11-OXO, or Abliderate can do to me. as far as the VAT im not really sure what else i can do other than lean out diet, exercise like im trying to turn a new leaf here.it would be great to take a product that was safe to help me loose the x-tra VAT..believe me

28. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

a while back my dr did say i had a fatty liver, i really shoudl go and have blood work done, i wanted to stay natural as i am scared of side effects things like Lean Extreme, 11-OXO, or Abliderate can do to me. as far as the VAT im not really sure what else i can do other than lean out diet, exercise like im trying to turn a new leaf here.it would be great to take a product that was safe to help me loose the x-tra VAT..believe me

Avants new Napalm and Abliderate are all transdermal. They are localised so your liver should be fine. I have used both of them with great results. You just slather it on your abs.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

ok so now that i have myself crazed with numbers, what are some good number as far as calories for me to consume a day? how many grams of carbs? fat? etc. i am 5'11 maybe 6'0 on a good day 207.5 lbs pic is above lol let me know what u think...
  30. New Member

Do a search for Basal Metabolic Rate on Google. Calculate your calorie intake. Now in order to lose weight you must burn more calories than you consume. So aim to consume a number of calories below your BMR. Aim for 300 to 500 calories below your BMR. As far as carbs, fat, and protein are concerned, a good place to begin is a 40% protein, 40% carbs, and 20% fat diet, with that percentage of your total calories for the day comes from each of those sources. After following that routine for a few weeks you can tweak the numbers slightly for your specific needs.
  31. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

the bmr calculator pinned me at 2048.3 calories so my goal would be to shoot for roughly 1500 k/cal a day approx

as far as & if 40% is from protiein would that mean about 600g of protien based of a 1500k.cal intake? and approx 600g carbs? and 200g fat?
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

also thanks everyone for helping me so much so far!!!!!
  33. New Member

reps??
  34. New Member

No, not grams, but calories from those sources. Protein, carbs, and fats each weigh a different amount of calories. Both protein and carbs both weigh around 4 calories per gram and fats weigh about 9 calories a gram. So if your shooting for 1,500 calories, then 600 calories from protein, 600 calories from carbs, and 300 calories from fats. So 150 grams each of carbs and protein, and around 30 grams of fat.
  35. New Member

Also check out this site FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal. It's a good way to track your daily calorie intake and your calorie breakdown, along with a bunch of other useful features.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

if by reps?? you mean reputation points lol well i got a whole 10 of them compared to everyone else 10 billion 600 million ec
  37. New Member

Haha. No I meant spread them. If people help you out add to their reputation points. When you help someone else out they'll return the favor. Good luck with your diet man.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

well by lunch my % for carbs is at 50 and fat is alredy at 25% and i thought i was eating healthy, i guess i really need to get no fat milk, some leaner meats.because by dinner time i will surly be over the aloted percentages. This eating thing is truly hard when you eat a certain way for so long, as well as have to cook for wife and kids...but im plugging through it:donut:
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

P.S i through everyone some bonus points(rep) for being real troopers with me through this thread
  40. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.

skim milk is your best friend when it comes to gettin extra protein and keepin fat to a min... also grab some skinless chicken breasts bro! a good size chicken breast contains 40-50g of protein and less than 10g of fat and barely any carbs... and i don't know if you like cottage cheese but low fat cottage cheese and a handful of almonds at night is a great snack before you go to sleep

just keep at it homie and continue to make small changes in calories and cardio over the course of your cut and you'll contiue to shed pounds
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hanging weights during pull-ups/dips...
    By soseg in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-19-2012, 03:20 PM
  2. $150 just hanging around,, what would you buy??
    By grngoloco in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 04-03-2012, 09:41 PM
  3. cardio fasted AM/ weights 12:30 or other way around?
    By dayday87 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 12:36 AM
  4. Just joined up looks great around here...
    By healthyimage in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-17-2009, 03:14 PM
  5. You Really Are Much More Than Just A Weight Lifter
    By David Dunn in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 10:56 PM