softdrink and flavoured low fat milk

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I have been holding off for afew weeks posting this, but I just saw a nutritionist on nbc talk about sugar and how bad it is.

When people say carbs are not just carbs I think of GI and fiber content. Fiber content aside(I take metamucil if I am not having enough fiber that day). What is the problem with softdrinks and flavoured low fat milks??? There low GI :think:
I view them as what protein shakes are to meat, these are to a bowl of pasta or some bread.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Since when is any type of softdrink low on the GI?

quigley

Awards
  • Established
surprisingly some of them are.

coca cola in australia is low gi, coca cola in usa is moderate gi.
the sugar used in coke is table sugar, not fructose or lactose, so its not low GI despite what you have heard.

The caffeine content is unhealthy.

And carbonated nature means that acid levels in the body spike when you drink it, and your body sucks calcium from your bones to neutralise this acid, else you'd die in about 4 minutes from the severe drop in blood pH.

Nutritionally its worthless.

Its toxic.

The creator of coke wont let his family drink it.

There a few differences between coke and a bowl of pasta.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
It goes beyond only considering GI. The fructose in sucrose induces undesirable genetic changes in liver transcription factors and various fat-storing genes. Not so hot, in the end.

Giantz11

Giantz11

Really Really Good Looking
Awards
  • Established
It goes beyond only considering GI. The fructose in sucrose induces undesirable genetic changes in liver transcription factors and various fat-storing genes. Not so hot, in the end.

Well if you would like to be Morbidly Obese.

Then it is in fact kinda cool....:blink:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
00A Nutrition / Health 6
jt75 Nutrition / Health 2