newbie needs help cutting

messina61

Awards
hey everyone, i know this has been said a thousand times, but i really need help with cutting. i work at a gnc and see all these cutting supplements and i just don't know which one's to actually take. i'm 6'1 and 280 lbs and i workout 5 days a week, mostly for strength training because i play football. however, i'm ready to start cutting up the muscle i have gained...any information on what supplements to take for cutting and/or workouts for cutting would be very appreciated...thank you so much in advance

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We'd be able to help you more if you could post up your diet.

messina61

Awards
kk, i do 5 meals a day...for breakfast, i do oatmeal and sometimes a wheat bagel, lunch is brown or white rice (whichever i happen to have in the house at the time) , 2 hours after i have a protein shake with a protein bar, followed by dinner where i have a mix of protein and veggies, (chicken breast/corn ex.) finally, 2 hours after dinner, another protein shake and protein bar. i try to drink water with all meals, but sometimes i need some flavor so i go with a powerade/gatorade.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
First of all, you need to add some type of protein to your first two meals. I'd try to take some of those protein bars/shakes out, and replace them with whole foods. If you want something other than water with some flavor, go with Crystal Light added to some water, instead of Gatorade or Powerade. Both of those add sugar/carbs into your diet, which is not a good idea when you're trying to cut, unless they're at specific times(PWO).

dpatterson

Awards
Any idea where your Body Fat % is sitting right now?

Just wondering... I started out at 6'1" 290 @ 30%bf.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most of the cutting supplements at GNC are not the ones that I wold recommend Like it has already been said, the fat loss will come from a solid diet and training plan. Reduce your kcals by about 10% and do HIIT cardio 3x/week and you will start to drop fat pretty quickly.

messina61

Awards
i have to find out the body fat% because right now i have no idea...im deff. going to start doing the hiit cardio and drink more of the crystal light when i want some flavor...thanks guys, i really appreciate it