Staying Motivated...

  1. Staying Motivated...


    All through HS I was in decent shape, i wasn't the strongest guy but weight was never a problem. I am now in my 3rd year of college and I am wondering where did the time go. I am 6 feet tall, and have been this height for about 4 years, but now, at age 20 I have reached my max weight of 210 lbs. Before I graduated HS i was 175-180, but it was lean muscle. I tried working out throughout college, but it would always fail; either I got too tied up in school work or I would feel something else was more important. I am at a point in my life where I want a change, but I am somewhat timid because of previous problems of not staying motivated. I want to follow through this time and change in my life.

    Just wondering what you guys or gals do to keep the mind set of having the body that you want...


  2. Well one of the things you can do is start a gym log. Atleast then you know that people are watching your progress and holding you accountable.

    The other is to set your goals and stick with it, get a training partner maybe, someone who is going with you to the gym.

    but progress is the biggest motivator, watching your hard work pay off.

  3. I got a few.

    I started out at 6' 2" 160lbs, I average 6' 2" 225lbs and dont wanna go back
    I pay 20$ a month
    Iv been religiously working out 4 days a week since Jan 2003, its bascially a part of life now. For almost 5 years I have been going mon-thurs @ 7:15pm everyday. Its like taking a **** now, I just have to do it!

    Now I may not bust my ass like I used to, but I still hit it dam hard. Once I straighten myself out and get my own place, ****s gonna hit the fan when my diet gets on track:bb3:
    •   
       


  4. before and after pics work really well too. when you can look at the old you and the new you and see differences(good ones) you know that your sweat and effort is not being wasted.

  5. I know that if I start to slack, then I am risking my physical welfare. This happened once and I vowed at that moment that it would never happen again.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  6. Quote Originally Posted by KSMA View Post
    before and after pics work really well too. when you can look at the old you and the new you and see differences(good ones) you know that your sweat and effort is not being wasted.
    I agree. I just took some before pics this morning(15 weeks out), and it is definitely motivating to see how fat I am and how bad my posing looks. Now I just have that much more motivation to work even harder.

  7. motivation: 1. i HATE not achieving something i told myself i would do, and 2. the ladies!

    remember this: "motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going."

    once you get going in the right direction, you will stay motivated when you start seeing positive results, this will keep you going and adventially make it a habit, trust me here. yes, it is hard at first, but keep going at it and things will improve.it helps when it is not a question if u will go to the gym today or eat junk for dinner. for example find a dedicated workout partner who will make u go, or everyday after a cretin class, u automatically just go to the gym, because its the only time u have to go, it helps when u have a very set schedule. for food, if u dont buy junk when u go grocery shopping, you wont have any junk to eat, rid your house of junk foods and replace them with healthy foods. its that simple. good luck!

  8. dedicated partner ha, I have YET to meet anyone dedicated for that. THe only person that shows up for workout is my current gf. Everyone else has dropped out, lazy ****s!!

  9. Quote Originally Posted by ITHURTZ View Post
    dedicated partner ha, I have YET to meet anyone dedicated for that. THe only person that shows up for workout is my current gf. Everyone else has dropped out, lazy ****s!!
    yeah i have some want but wont work for it friends too. but up at school, there is plenty of very hard training people that i see in the weight room every day. they do exist.

  10. Hey I want to thank everyone for the input. Lets me know I dont need to beat myself to simply go to the gym. Ive been at it for about 5 1/2 weeks straight and just two diet slip ups. This is my 4th attempt in past 3 years to get back in shape and I really want it this time. Taking pics, my new gym partner, daily log and the ladies keep me going everyday, wether it be weight training or cardio it is everyday.Thanks again fellas for your help.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by virileman44 View Post
    Hey I want to thank everyone for the input. Lets me know I dont need to beat myself to simply go to the gym. Ive been at it for about 5 1/2 weeks straight and just two diet slip ups. This is my 4th attempt in past 3 years to get back in shape and I really want it this time. Taking pics, my new gym partner, daily log and the ladies keep me going everyday, wether it be weight training or cardio it is everyday.Thanks again fellas for your help.
    dude it sounds like u are really on track! keep it all up. oh, just thought one one more form of motivation, anabolicmins.com!

  12. Quote Originally Posted by heebs10 View Post
    dude it sounds like u are really on track! keep it all up. oh, just thought one one more form of motivation, anabolicmins.com!
    anabolicminds.com
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Staying Motivated getting back at it
    By purebrutality in forum Chaos & Pain
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-07-2014, 08:33 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-25-2012, 02:34 PM
  3. staying motivated
    By rojasdave in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-30-2011, 06:59 PM
  4. Staying motivated over time..
    By Frank Reynolds in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 09:01 AM
  5. Powerlifting Motivation
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2003, 08:07 PM
Log in
Log in