New to cutting. Advice appreciated.

1. New to cutting. Advice appreciated.

Like the title says, I've never really "cut" before. I've gone on diets to loose weight, but I really don't want to loose any muscle this time.

Right now I weigh 215. I'm 5'11". I'd estimate my bodyfat at 17-20%. I think a fair amount of my fat is VAT, leftover from my heavy drinking days.

I work out 4 days a week. Typically Monday is Chest, Tuesday is back and bi's, Thursday is Shoulders, Friday is legs and tri's. I throw in ab work here and there, but not enough. I was doing cardio 4 days a week, 2-3 miles on the treadmill per day at about a 4.0mph pace. If it matters, I deadlift on back day and I do squats on leg day.

So, I'm thinking I'd like to get down to about 190. Right now I eat about 4200 calories per day. I was going to start by lowering that to 3750, and starting cardio back up at least 4 days a week.

For sups I have this coming:
    Poseidon
    X-Lean from IBE for cortisol control and maybe some VAT relief.
    CLA caps (bulk from NP, plan on dosing 8 caps a day)
    Bulk Sesimin (Plan on 1.5ml 3x day)
    Bulk Powerfull. Plan on dosing 3-5grams before bed.

I also have some stims. X-Force by IBE, and I've got some good home capped ECA. 25mg Ephidrine HCL and 200mg caffeine that I can throw in as needed.

Does this sound like a reasonable routine to achieve my goal of 190?

2. Almost forgot. I also have enough Yellow Gold to run it about 8 weeks. I could throw that in also.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    Like the title says, I've never really "cut" before. I've gone on diets to loose weight, but I really don't want to loose any muscle this time.

Right now I weigh 215. I'm 5'11". I'd estimate my bodyfat at 17-20%. I think a fair amount of my fat is VAT, leftover from my heavy drinking days.

I work out 4 days a week. Typically Monday is Chest, Tuesday is back and bi's, Thursday is Shoulders, Friday is legs and tri's. I throw in ab work here and there, but not enough. I was doing cardio 4 days a week, 2-3 miles on the treadmill per day at about a 4.0mph pace. If it matters, I deadlift on back day and I do squats on leg day.

So, I'm thinking I'd like to get down to about 190. Right now I eat about 4200 calories per day. I was going to start by lowering that to 3750, and starting cardio back up at least 4 days a week.

For sups I have this coming:
    Poseidon
    X-Lean from IBE for cortisol control and maybe some VAT relief.
    CLA caps (bulk from NP, plan on dosing 8 caps a day)
    Bulk Sesimin (Plan on 1.5ml 3x day)
    Bulk Powerfull. Plan on dosing 3-5grams before bed.

I also have some stims. X-Force by IBE, and I've got some good home capped ECA. 25mg Ephidrine HCL and 200mg caffeine that I can throw in as needed.

Does this sound like a reasonable routine to achieve my goal of 190?
    In how much time? thats the real question. 25lbs, say 3 months? gives you 2lbs a week to drop, which would be in range

4. Good point. I hadn't really considered time. I'm in no hurry, so 3 months would be fine.

5. One of the best decisions i made on my last cutting cycle was buying a 40lb weighted vest. I wore it when doing cardio and when i went hiking. The results were amazing, dropped ten pounds in a month and body fat went down 2%. My body holds on to weight, fat and muscle, so that was great results for me. It would make an awesome addition to the supplements if you dont already have one.
    •   

6. i think many people would recommend fasted cardio, but to not lose muscle take 10g(?) BCAA before and maybe drink some during. ive never cut before, but that seems to be a popular theme throughout the weight loss forum.

7. Quote Originally Posted by lazerss9 View Post
    i think many people would recommend fasted cardio, but to not lose muscle take 10g(?) BCAA before and maybe drink some during. ive never cut before, but that seems to be a popular theme throughout the weight loss forum.
    fasted carido is IMO a good idea I've been doing it for about a2 months 2-3 times a week but in the last 2 weeks I have started a recomp/cut stack and have lost about 8 lbs in the last 3-4 weeks while maintaining strength and muscle mass

heres a link to my log if your interestedNHA/cissus/Powerful stack
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. New to cutting need advice/help
    By lostboy in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-03-2012, 10:06 AM
  2. New to cutting
    By LouisDM9C in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 11:26 AM
  3. new to bulking. Advice please