Steak when cutting?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Does anyone eat steak when cutting? If so what cuts do you get? I am literally SICK of chicken, it is almost to the point where my gag reflex wants to just throw it up..lol

I have always cut with chicken breast.

I am going to still eat chicken with my carb meals, but i have 2 pro/fat meals where i would like to sub out my chicken for steak.

How many % lean is the leanest steaks? I have been looking for bison but can't find it locally.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I eat steak while cutting, but it is generally only 2-3x/wk. I usually eat either sirloin or top round.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I eat steak while cutting, but it is generally only 2-3x/wk. I usually eat either sirloin or top round.
Good deal.. Mabey i will just incorporate it one time a week. I really don't want to hinder my progress. My problem is i don't eat any fish, so i am really limited to what i eat when i cut.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
I eat steak 2-3 times a week cutting or bulking, altho i have not done a bulk in a while.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Cold water fish is one of the best foods to consumer while cutting...why don't you eat any?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Cold water fish is one of the best foods to consumer while cutting...why don't you eat any?
I don't eat fish, or anything from the water for that matter..LOL Believe me, it really makes my life difficult when dieting.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Agreed. But I don't want to talk about fish for another 2 weeks. Starting then, I'm going to be eating a ton of Tilapia and Salmon for the next 14 weeks, and I never have been a big fan of seafood.

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
Just make sure to get lean cuts and then still cut off any visable fat on the steak and you should be good, just dont over do it.

ultra2extreme

Awards
At the end of the day, steak is a good source of protein and although red meat is not as lean as chicken/fish if it is taken without carbs it can still come well within the confines of a good cutting diet.

I eat steak 4 times weekly but only enough to yield around 75-100g protein (so less that 500g), and i have either vegetables or nothing with it. However i don't claim to be at all knowledgeable on PROPER cutting (like 12-9%bf) I only really know about weight loss in general.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
At the end of the day, steak is a good source of protein and although red meat is not as lean as chicken/fish if it is taken without carbs it can still come well within the confines of a good cutting diet.

I eat steak 4 times weekly but only enough to yield around 75-100g protein (so less that 500g), and i have either vegetables or nothing with it. However i don't claim to be at all knowledgeable on PROPER cutting (like 12-9%bf) I only really know about weight loss in general.
Meals without carbs?...I wouldn't do that.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
yep.

hows the prep coming?
Doing good so far, thanks for asking.:)
Just over two weeks into it so I still got some time to go. I'm just trying to make sure I hold on to as much muscle as possible this time.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Meals without carbs?...I wouldn't do that.

so strictly fat/protein meals aren't a good idea/ do fiberouse carbs with protein/fat meals provide something that should not be missed? Im curious because I have never heard that before and some of my meals are strictly p/f.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
When are those meals located during the day. I suppose that statement is somewhat presumptious.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Typically my 3rd meal and on. First two meals (which are either pre/post workout on lifting days or the first two meals after fasted cardio) and the rest are all protein and fat meals (either almonds or flax oil for the fats if that plays a role.) What I had been doing is on workout days taking in the flax oil with asparagus with the 3rd meal (no true carbs) and also broccoli with my pre bed meal which is also flax (which leaves 1 sometimes 2 meals with no fiberous carbs with 1 or sometimes two meals. On cardio days its ussually always 2 meals with a p/f meal with no fiberous carbs (expect again the broccoli with the flax and c/c pre bed)

Sorry for going into so much depth regarding it but very interested on this subject. Im probably slacking on the amount of vegetables I should be eating so this may bump me up to getting in more.

O and not to hijack that badly I really try to avoid steak on cuts due to the fact that I like consistency. I eat to just to eat when cutting so I try and get my chicken down and its still tolerable so no real need to change it. If anything once and a while (once or twice a month) I will grill up some sirloin and chop it up and throw it in my egg whites (egg whites are becoming/ very close to being untolerable any longer so anything to spice them up.) However when bulking or a rare cheat meal ~ steak + sweet potato for the win (Copper Canyon anyone?)

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
OCC, you aren't really gaining much weight on this diet, are you? I like to start high and end low throughout the day. My big problem with this is I train late in the day and don't like getting too many carbs late. So basically I sacrifice some gains for the sake of staying lean.

If maintenance is your thing, I would look into a CKD, minimal carb days then a high carb up day. I know Ubi is a big fan of it.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone eat steak when cutting? If so what cuts do you get? I am literally SICK of chicken, it is almost to the point where my gag reflex wants to just throw it up..lol

I have always cut with chicken breast.

I am going to still eat chicken with my carb meals, but i have 2 pro/fat meals where i would like to sub out my chicken for steak.

How many % lean is the leanest steaks? I have been looking for bison but can't find it locally.

Eye of Round (fat trimmed) with Mrs. Dash seasonings, broiled == Yum.

ultra2extreme

Awards
To be clear on what i meant, i was not suggesting or advocating a carb free diet. Simply when cutting i avoid/minimise carb intake of any kind after 9pm. Between 5pm and 9pm i will take in fibrous carbs only. I try to only take in complex carbs or sugars early in the day.

Is this wrong?