I'm about to lose a lot of weight. I don't want hangy skin!

1. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.15%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I'm about to lose a lot of weight. I don't want hangy skin!

Okay. I've laid off heavy cardio for three years. I'm about to get back into it and I'm going to lose a lot of weight fast. Is there anything I can do to avoid having my stomach cut and stapled up after I lose this weight?

Is there anything I can take that'll make my skin adapt and tighten up like I were 18? heh. I'm 36 in September...

Thanks in advance...

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.17%

i am not sure but i will, be watching this one close as i am going to have the same problem, good luck to you!! I have lost 35 lbs in the last 6 weeks 34 years old.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.9%

Quote Originally Posted by blob to throb View Post
    I have lost 35 lbs in the last 6 weeks ....
    SAY WHAAAAAT!!!!!
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Keep it gradual and consistant. 36lbs in 6 weeks is hard to believe unless you were not eating anything and had an IV bag full of liquid ephedra,yohimbe,ALC,Caffiene,e tc pumping into you.....and may be using diuretics to dump that water out. The rest is genetics.
  5. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.15%
    Achievements Posting Pro

The more fat you have to lose, the faster it goes. At least that's how it's been for me in the past. I've lost about that in 6 weeks before - on the Atkins diet.. I've also lost about that much on a low fat diet going from extremely sedate to boot camp 6 days a week. Both times during my 20s...
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.89%

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Tolerance View Post
    The more fat you have to lose, the faster it goes. At least that's how it's been for me in the past. I've lost about that in 6 weeks before - on the Atkins diet.. I've also lost about that much on a low fat diet going from extremely sedate to boot camp 6 days a week. Both times during my 20s...
    Boot camp...ah my friend shed 20 lbs in about 2.5 months when he was joining the marines.....they completely tore him apart. Hehe boot camp isn't a workout, it is torture.

At any rate, at least for me, the first time I cut it was very difficult and very long. Time after time again it gets easier and is a smoother process which works in your favor. Unlike you, I lose fat initially very quickly, as I get lower it becomes a slower more difficult process to pull off the last few pounds.
  7. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.15%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Oh, the last few pounds is always very difficult. A bigger challenge for me is going to be keeping the muscle I've gained over the past couple of years...
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Okay. I've laid off heavy cardio for three years. I'm about to get back into it and I'm going to lose a lot of weight fast. Is there anything I can do to avoid having my stomach cut and stapled up after I lose this weight?

Is there anything I can take that'll make my skin adapt and tighten up like I were 18? heh. I'm 36 in September...

Thanks in advance...
    How much 'weight' are you thinking of losing quickly? Usually all of that extra skin is from someone severely overweight (several hundred pounds) and dropping it rapidly.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.85%

Personally from what I've read about this topic and what I've used to help tighten the skin and make it more flexible is Cocoa Butter. I have it in the stick form where you just rub on like deordorant.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Swirv View Post
    Personally from what I've read about this topic and what I've used to help tighten the skin and make it more flexible is Cocoa Butter. I have it in the stick form where you just rub on like deordorant.
    Does it have to be in stick form? or would the cocoa butter lotions and what not work also? I lost about 90 pounds over the course of a year and a half and I think things could be tighter. Do any of the transdermals work or help with this?
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.85%

Quote Originally Posted by KSMA View Post
    Does it have to be in stick form? or would the cocoa butter lotions and what not work also? I lost about 90 pounds over the course of a year and a half and I think things could be tighter. Do any of the transdermals work or help with this?

To be honest I am not sure if the liquid Cocoa Butter will work as effectively. Years ago I was told to use the stick form and didn't bother asking why. As far as if the transdermals work I am not the one to ask. Sorry for the lack of help
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.17%

I went crazy hard cardio 5:00am for over 45 minutes ED on an empty tank, taking hydroxycut hardcore all four pills before. Then big protein shake 20 min rest, 30min weight workout 4-5 days a week, I know I am losing some muscle but I need to get the fat off.I am lucky in the sense that i put muscle on easier than I take off the fat. My diet is very high protein very low carbs, I also work a very physical job up to 12 hours a day. Got very lazy in the last few years and really needed to change! I found AM and the hard work and knowledge of everyone here has inspired me to get it done!! I have been reading here for over a year with no posts, THANKS ALL!!! I also just started a cycle of sustanon 500mgs aweek with 400 mgs deca to help recover some of the lost muscle.I am going to keep it lean though, Ijust want muscle no more fat.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.85%

Quote Originally Posted by blob to throb View Post
    I went crazy hard cardio 5:00am for over 45 minutes ED on an empty tank, taking hydroxycut hardcore all four pills before. Then big protein shake 20 min rest, 30min weight workout 4-5 days a week, I know I am losing some muscle but I need to get the fat off.I am lucky in the sense that i put muscle on easier than I take off the fat. My diet is very high protein very low carbs, I also work a very physical job up to 12 hours a day. Got very lazy in the last few years and really needed to change! I found AM and the hard work and knowledge of everyone here has inspired me to get it done!! I have been reading here for over a year with no posts, THANKS ALL!!! I also just started a cycle of sustanon 500mgs aweek with 400 mgs deca to help recover some of the lost muscle.I am going to keep it lean though, Ijust want muscle no more fat.
    GREAT STORY! CONTINUED SUCCESS TO YOU! I gained quite a bit with this new baby and am trying to rapidly lose it too........

14. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.26%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

I think its the people that lose a lot of fat TOO QUICKLY that end up with hanging skin. They also lose muscle. Lose it gradually over time- eat correctly and this won't happen. I have seen it happen both ways, it is the people that lose it too rapidly and do too much exercise with too little calorie that this happens too. Once again just eat correctly and lose it gradualy. Gaining weight too fast is "not good", losing fat too fast also is "not good". If you lose it too fast you will also lose bone density and muscle.
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.85%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I think its the people that lose a lot of fat TOO QUICKLY that end up with hanging skin. They also lose muscle. Lose it gradually over time- eat correctly and this won't happen. I have seen it happen both ways, it is the people that lose it too rapidly and do too much exercise with too little calorie that this happens too. Once again just eat correctly and lose it gradualy. Gaining weight too fast is "not good", losing fat too fast also is "not good". If you lose it too fast you will also lose bone density and muscle.
    its no different than a pre-contest type of thing.......you lose a lot of fat quickly and then work your way back up to maintenance.........

i am using principles from the Rapid Fat Loss book by Lyle Mcdonald.........
  16. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.15%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I'm actually looking to drop 60 pounds.. Maybe not hundreds but that's a lot..

Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    How much 'weight' are you thinking of losing quickly? Usually all of that extra skin is from someone severely overweight (several hundred pounds) and dropping it rapidly.
  17. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.15%
    Achievements Posting Pro

You're 22.. You could lose 10,000 pounds in a month and your skin will stay tight.

Quote Originally Posted by KSMA View Post
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.85%

60 is alot, what are your plans for doing it?
  19. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.15%
    Achievements Posting Pro

All true.. I'm not changing my diet much. My diet isn't that bad. I just sit all day and night. I sit constantly. I'm going from that to training in boxing and muay thai kickboxing 6 days a week. I'd like to lose 20lbs a month to make for 60 lost pounds in three months. I have no doubt in my mind that I can do it but I also don't want hangy skin..

I'll still be weightlifting this whole time as well...

I'll look more into the cocoa butter stick as mentioned above...

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.67%

http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/s...25&postcount=3

There are a few people in this thread that swear by Fat Free milk to reduce loose skin:

http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/s...ght=loose+skin
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.89%

Zero-

I think a good rule of thumb to follow is: 1-1.5lbs each week. Yeah its slow, but you'll preserve the most amount of muscle and keep maximum elasticity while doing it. There's nothing to say you can't lose 20lbs in a month, but if you even want to push it 8lbs in a month is about the max I'd recommend....anything faster than that something is bound to give whether it is lose skin, lost muscle, etc..........
  22. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.26%

I have heard loose skin is just fat that still needs to be lost.
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.67%

Quote Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
    I have heard loose skin is just fat that still needs to be lost.
    Yeah, here is the guy's article:

http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm

He states that you just need to 'fill it in' with muscle.

Interesting read, regardless of whether you believe that or not.

If you look at one of the threads I posted earlier, I don't think that you can pack on enough LBM to 'fill in' where the skin is hanging loose, but YMMV.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.2%

This skin is really getting crazy now..
    NO matter what, i will bust my ass on cardio every single day of my work out to get rid of it.. i lost way too much fat from the body... but the freaken skin is hanging which is pissing me off everytime i see my self in the mirror...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 08-02-2011, 03:57 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 09:54 AM
  3. About to start my cycle of Creatine Hp, need help.....
    By bizzare_777 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2005, 05:54 PM
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-02-2005, 12:49 AM
  5. Losing a Lot of weight after m1t..
    By Rebel in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-03-2004, 01:22 AM