Belly Fat

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
Trying to find a way to get my belly a little smaller. I used to be extremely fat and now im down to 12.2% BF but my belly area is where ALL of it is. No matter what I do it doesn't go away. I wanted to know if there were any specific workouts or things to try different in the gym. No matter what kind or how many abs I do all that happens is my abs get big and pushes my belly out more and makes it look bigger. Just looking for some help cause no matter what i do nothing seems to help. Thanks

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
dude cardio first thing in the morn...no food......lotts of coffee,and any other preferd stimms....only was it's gonna come off...fasted cardio

hardestgainer

hardestgainer

Awards
  • Established
Some swear by a cortisol blocker for belly fat. Try lean extreme. But like Tripdog said, fasted cardio.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you cant man up and do fasted cardio...then your not looking to work past your "comfort zone"........get out of that zone.....if you want to be fat and 'COMFORTABLE" thats great...just dont whine on a website saying you cant get it off....Do youself a favor and study this topic..it will only help you.....sorry to come off like a d*ck,but the answer isn't that hard.... good luck bro.....

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
if you cant man up and do fasted cardio...then your not looking to work past your "comfort zone"........get out of that zone.....if you want to be fat and 'COMFORTABLE" thats great...just dont whine on a website saying you cant get it off....Do youself a favor and study this topic..it will only help you.....sorry to come off like a d*ck,but the answer isn't that hard.... good luck bro.....
Well dude I think you can go **** yourself. I didn't come on here for you to run your mouth about me. I do cardio first thing in the morning actually. Ive done it for a while now just haven't had time cause i work 12 hours a day on top of working out at 630 in the morning before hand. I just came here to see if there was something new I could try to help me out.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
There are tried and true methods:

1. Dropping calories ( most likely some form of empty carb i.e. white bread, pop etc ) by 500 a day = 3500 = 1lb BF

2. HIIT Cardio - Keeps the muscle up but revs your metabolism higher than just standard steady pavement pumping.

3. Thermogenics & Supps - Formestane + Pentrate solution - see my signature for the FAQ this should help you

You basically need to:

1. Up your protein

2. Drop your sh!tty carbs a little more

3. Hit the weights harder

4. Do a lil more cardio preferably HIIT method

5. Healthy fats add in - Omega / Fish 3g's day plus.

*Note* don't be so hard on Trip, he means well and just laid it out a little harshly. Perhaps he should have worded this a little differently and you to have supplied more details of what you are currently doing.

Much Love,

<3 Neoborn <3

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the help man. Ive cut out most of my bad carbs for a long time now. All I really drink is water or crystal light and no more white breads or things like that. The only thting I havnt tried yet is fish oil and things. Does fish oil really help that much?

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
do you consider 2 scoops of Xtend before cardio in the morning still to be "fasted cardio"? ive been taking that to try to prevent muscle breakdown but i want to keep the fat burning to a maximum...

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some swear by a cortisol blocker for belly fat. Try lean extreme. But like Tripdog said, fasted cardio.
:goodpost: Retain just makes the belly fat fall off me. But that could just be me. oh and the fasted cardio too..good advice.

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the help man. Ive cut out most of my bad carbs for a long time now. All I really drink is water or crystal light and no more white breads or things like that. The only thting I havnt tried yet is fish oil and things. Does fish oil really help that much?
Fish oil is an amazing supp. It helps in many ways. For fat loss it helps to mobilize fat within the body.

I read that you already do fasted cardio - I suggest doing HIIT followed by extremely high rep ab exercises - working up to 500 per session. This will help to burn off some fat from the tissue(s) adjacent to the muscles being worked and if you have the time, use a sauna belt for 30 minutes afterwards

Caffeine is a great supp to help - drink some black coffee or take a 200mg pill prior to working out.

I'd also suggest, if you have not done so already, that you stop eating all starchy or calorie dense carbs: bread, potatoes, pasta, beans/legumes, yams, rice, oats and other cereal grains. You should also try cutting or eliminating dairy from your diet.

Good luck

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
Ill think I'm gonna try fish oil and I'm taking cissus right now along with leviathan so theres my caffeine and cortisol blocker there. I o cut out most of the starchy foods anyways. Every now and then ill have bread for lunch but other than that I don't eat to much of it at all. Only thing thats hard for me is the time to do cardio. I work so much I have no time to do it in the morning other than about 2 days a week. But thanks for the input man.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You can try vaccums while your doing abs. It retrains the muscle to suck in. You just suck your gut in and hold it while doing your sets. I also use topical lipoderm and at nights I use Abliderate for cortisol.

My fish oil supplement has really been helping. Along with DCP and Sesathin, I've found my abs again:)

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well dude I think you can go **** yourself. I didn't come on here for you to run your mouth about me. I do cardio first thing in the morning actually. Ive done it for a while now just haven't had time cause i work 12 hours a day on top of working out at 630 in the morning before hand. I just came here to see if there was something new I could try to help me out.
wow there's 10 seconds of my life i'll never get back.......k toughguy...:FUfinger:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Can you post your current workout regime? The more details the more we can drill in to the failure / success point!:dump:

We'll help the best we can,

Much Love,

<3 Neoborn <3

Ill think I'm gonna try fish oil and I'm taking cissus right now along with leviathan so theres my caffeine and cortisol blocker there. I o cut out most of the starchy foods anyways. Every now and then ill have bread for lunch but other than that I don't eat to much of it at all. Only thing thats hard for me is the time to do cardio. I work so much I have no time to do it in the morning other than about 2 days a week. But thanks for the input man.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established

You need to relax, first and foremost.. The guy was actually giving you advice.

I've worked 80 hour weeks for years and still trained AM sessions. It actually makes your day easier and alleviates stressors if you train prior to the start of your workday. It is very addicting if you dial that in. You may or may not know this, but I'm just saying it regardless.

Tweak diet, training, or just give it more time.. it's called stubborn belly fat for a reason.

Also make sure you screen where you get your advice from.. I'm not going to be a **** and call it outright, but some fat people give advice on losing weight around here. :D

Don't be so quick to pop off to someone who really isn't being combative.

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
do you consider 2 scoops of Xtend before cardio in the morning still to be "fasted cardio"? ive been taking that to try to prevent muscle breakdown but i want to keep the fat burning to a maximum...
bump to this.... anyone care to advise?

acidred06

Banned
Awards
Trip - You crack me up. Love and agree with the fat people giving way to much advice on lossing fat. Not to sound gay but dude you are in great shape. Wont let my girlfiend see you pic/thread.

Rock out

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Trip - You crack me up. Love and agree with the fat people giving way to much advice on lossing fat. Not to sound gay but dude you are in great shape. Wont let my girlfiend see you pic/thread.

Rock out
Yeah Trip is funny too, as in like "this milk tastes funny". :nutkick:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah Trip is funny too, as in like "this milk tastes funny". :nutkick:
what are you saying i'm like old milk or some sh*t?:think:

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
LOL, no that you are funny like a sour taste, :) I mean just think how yummy milk that is off tastes.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL, no that you are funny like a sour taste, :) I mean just think how yummy milk that is off tastes.
well i am going to award you with the "strangest post of the week award" :clap2: iv'e never been compared to the taste of old milk before....so that would be a first....thanks i guess??? :lol:

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
dude cardio first thing in the morn...no food......lotts of coffee,and any other preferd stimms....only was it's gonna come off...fasted cardio
Why not take the time when cortisol is at it's peak... and jack it up some more? Cortisol doesn't do enough by preferably partitioning fat storage to the belly area, but you're suggesting to jack it up a few notches higher?

I know I'm late on this thread, but I don't agree with you at all. He's been doing the AM, empty stomach cardio and it ain't workin' for 'im. Probably a nice idea to try something else like further reworking dieting/lifestyle strategies or getting a reccommended list of cortisol reducing supplements or whatever.

And to the other guy... why in the hell would you come off like a complete prick and tell TripDog to go f* himself? What an oddball. Yeah... get on some relaxants and chill out. Your stress level is a bit too high.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
And to the other guy... why in the hell would you come off like a complete prick and tell TripDog to go f* himself?
I think in a ways more like "why not" :). In all seriousness maybe it was because trip came across a lil too harsh and a lil too strong. But hey everything's fine now. So no worries.

Have a great day guys,

Neoborn

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
How long should I do cardio in the morning? I know HIIT cardio you wouldn't do for that long but just walking or something what would be a good time frame to shoot for? Like 30 minutes?

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
A) Whatever you can physically do B) Whatever you can fit in C) Work your way up from 10 - 45 minutes of non HIIT training style cardio

HIIT cardio will be from 15 - 20 minutes.

I would also make sure you drink an 8oz glass of water before your morning workout then during just to make sure you are hydrated enough and also to get things moving.

I want to emphasize again keeping your good fats up and your water up. Also focus on six healthy small meals a day. If your body has everything it needs ( with no major blood sugar / insulin spikes ) it will not need to keep the fat. Try to keep your blood sugar / insulin levels as flatline as possible except after your workout when you refeed your muscles with all the good protein / glucose etc.

Hope this helps,

Neoborn

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
yes it is still fasted because its not counted as calories just energy if that makes sense

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Biggest thing in my opinion is consistency. Even though you're frustrated, keep at it. Don't slack on diet OR cardio. Just keep plugging away and almost try and forget about it rather than obsess. It keeps you fresh. I too workout 12 hour shifts, sometimes 7 days a week. It sucks but if you want it bad enough it's worth it. Another thing to try is splitting up cardio. For example on weight training days I do 20-30 mins cardio after workout. Follow that with another 30 minutes or so later in the evening followed by only protein meals prior to bed. On non weight days, do the same just longer on the am cardio. Keep at it!

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
some exercise suggestions

1. Stop working your rectus abdominis (your six pack abs) and external obliques. This means no more crunches, situps, sidebends, ext.

2. Work your internal core. Transverse abdominis. A great exercise is called a plank. Look it up. Another great exercise is called a bridge. Make sure you keep your stomach drawn in towards your belly button the whole time. Someone already mentioned the vacum. This will keep your stomach in and give a appearance of more cut mid section.

3. Cardio HITT is a must.

Supplement suggestions

1. Camphibolic by usplabs- some sites still carry this though the product was discontinued. If you can get your hands on it it is well worth it.

2.. Liporophin-pm by Applied Nutriceuticals. Similar ingredient list as camphibolic but more available.Which ever one you can get your hands on take one of them. I would go with camph over liporophin though.

2. A cortisol blocker like retain or lean extreme. 7oxo.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
2. Work your internal core. Transverse abdominis. A great exercise is called a plank. Look it up. Another great exercise is called a bridge. Make sure you keep your stomach drawn in towards your belly button the whole time. Someone already mentioned the vacum. This will keep your stomach in and give a appearance of more cut mid section.
I found these the other day and printed off. It's exactly the exercises you are talking about, with pictures.

Achieving The Ultimate Goal 'Hard Flat Stomach'

Much Love,

Neoborn.

Last edited:
metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
some exercise suggestions

1. Stop working your rectus abdominis (your six pack abs) and external obliques. This means no more crunches, situps, sidebends, ext.

3. Cardio HITT is a must.

Supplement suggestions

1. Camphibolic by usplabs- some sites still carry this though the product was discontinued. If you can get your hands on it it is well worth it.

2.. Liporophin-pm by Applied Nutriceuticals. Similar ingredient list as camphibolic but more available.Which ever one you can get your hands on take one of them. I would go with camph over liporophin though.

2. A cortisol blocker like retain or lean extreme. 7oxo.

:goodpost: Core work will make you stronger on everything else. I do core work almost everyday now and my weights are movn up.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I found these the other day and printed off. It's exactly the exercises you are talking about, with pictures.

Achieving The Ultimate Goal 'Hard Flat Stomach'

Much Love,

Neoborn.
Yeah.. that's what i'm talking about. That's a pretty good guide to follow there. It's amazing what a strong TVA will do for your stomach. Personally I have a over developed rectus abdominis myself and no matter what it looks like i have a little pouch in my lower abs. I started TVA training recently and decided to drop the meat head training. My stomach has really come in a looks a lot more defined. It's amazing what results you can get over a month or 2.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
What is TVA? :blink:

Be thankful you're not me in my video here:

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
What is TVA? :blink:
Transverse Abdominis. Inner most muscle layer of the core. Supports and stabilizes the spine and all movements from the midsection. It's underneath those six pack muscles.

bishop17

Banned
Awards
trust me the only thing that works are massive amounts of situps and running...and small portions of protein like steak and chicken..remember small portions....no sugar no carbs....lots of water and if you can get a juicer and grind veggies and some fruits once a day...in 2 mnths you see a big difference but you need alot of discipline

Dozi

Awards
Hey guys i really apologize for being a noob here but what does HIIT mean and is there a thread somewhere on the site that has what those abbreviations mean LIKE HIIT and BCAA ect, kind of like a FAQ of sorts? I have looked through the main threads but didnt find anything like that as a resource. If i missed it i apologize, just would like to know what these things are you guys are always abbreviating hehe.

I too am struggeling with some belly fat, and want to start doing the HIIT cardio everyone keeps talking about. Just need to know what it is along with the other things you guys always suggest.

Thanks in advance!

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
high intensity interval training... it probably comes up if you do a search

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
BCAA = Branched chain Amino Acids

Here's a list I found from somewhere else:

Bodybuilding Acronyms/Glossary

AEROBIC -- Exercising in a manner which involves or improves oxygen consumption by the body.

ANABOLIC -- The phase of metabolism in which simple substances are synthesized into the complex materials of living tissue.

ANAEROBIC -- Intense exercise which is short in duration associated with the process of glucose and other cellular compounds energizing working muscles exclusive of oxygen from the blood.

BURN -- the sensation of burning pain felt in the specific muscle or muscles under the intense contraction of resistance training.

BB – Barbell, Bodybuilder

BF -- Bodyfat

BP – Bench Press

CATABOLIC/CATABOLISM -- destructive metabolism involving the release of energy and resulting in the breakdown of complex materials within the organism.

CGBP -- Close Grip Bench Press

CONCENTRIC CONTRACTION -- the shortening of a muscle due to muscle contraction. Also known as the positive or positive contraction, moving the resistance away from the plane of gravity. For example, pulling the weight up in a biceps curl movement.

CUT/RIPPED -- bodybuilding term for muscularity and low bodyfat.

DB -- Dumbbell

DE -- Dynamic Effort

DEADS -- Traditional Deadlifts

DOMS -- Delayed Onset Muscular Soreness, the phenomena of muscle soreness from sport or exercise afflicting the body a day or two after performance.

ECA – Ephedrine, Caffeine, Aspirin

ECCENTRIC CONTRACTION -- The lengthening of the muscle while under the tension of resistance. Also known as the negative or negative contraction, countering the resistance in its movement toward the gravity plane. For example, the lowering of the weight in a biceps curl.

EFA – Essential Fatty Acids

EMG – Electromyography

FOCUS -- Concentration on all the aspects of the work before you

FULL RANGE OF MOTION -- a reference to the total action of a muscle(s) and the associated joint(s) in contrast to partial or abbreviated muscle and joint action.

GEAR – Anabolic Steroids

GI – Glycemic Index

GM - Good Mornings

HIGH REPS – Exercise repetitions done in high volume (above 12)

HIT – High Intensity Training

HIIT – High Intensity Interval Training

HMB -- beta-hydroxy beta-methylbutyrate – it’s produced in the body from proteins containing the amino acid leucine.

IMHO – In My Humble Opinion

IMO – In My Opinion

INTESITY -- extremity of strength, force, energy and feeling directed toward one’s training.

ISOLATION – The exercising of one specific muscle exclusive of others to focus effort on or protect that muscle.

JUICE -- Anabolic Steroids

LOL – Laughing Out Loud

LOW REPS -- Exercise repetitions done in low volume (below 6)

MAX REP or SINGLES -- a reference in power lifting to the heavy single repetition sets (single rep set) practiced in training to approach one’s maximum (max) lifting output. 1RM= one rep max.

ME -- Maximal Effort

OL – Olympic Lifting

MM – muscle magazine

MRP – Meal Replacement Powder

NATTY – Natural

NATTY PB – Natural Peanut Butter

PACE -- in weight lifting, as in other sports, a training term referring to the gauged speed at which one trains. Pace will vary with personality, purpose, mood or external factors (gym busy-ness, injury, other revolting interruptions).

PB – Peanut Butter

Pec Dec - A vertical bench/machine used to isolate the pectoral muscles through a full range of motion, including pre-stretch.

PH – Pro-Hormones

PL – Power Lifting

PR -- abbreviation for personal record.

PUMP -- muscle jargon referring to the enlarged and tightened sensation the lifter experiences within the working muscle resulting from the blood engorgement.

PUMPING IRON -- slang for lifting weights originated in the ’50s.

PW – Post Workout

RAW – to lift without the aid of tools such as a bench shirt, squat suit, straps, belt

REPETITION or REP -- one complete movement of an exercise.

RGBP – Reverse Grip Bench Press

ROFL – Rolling On the Floor Laughing

ROFLMAF – Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Ass Off

SET -- the prescribed number of repetitions of any given exercise. Example: 1 set of 8 repetitions.

SLDL -- Stiff (Straight) Leg Deadlifts

SOHP - Standing over head press

SPLIT WORKOUT -- a workout divided into two or more parts thereby allowing different muscle groups to be worked at different times of the day (morning and evening) or on different days.

SPOT -- the act of standing nearby in a supportive capacity as a co-lifter attempts heavy lifting where assistance might be required. The spot might include assistance in the case of failure to complete a lift, aid in bringing a heavy weight into starting position or added lifting help for an intense trainee forcing repetitions beyond his own limits.

SPOTTER -- one who spots.

SUPERSET -- two exercises performed alternately; one exercise followed by a second exercise in complement before resting, i.e. biceps curl followed by triceps extension equal one superset.

TRI-SETS -- three exercises executed one after the other in close succession, the total comprising one set, or tri-set.

VOLUME -- a reference in muscle building to the total of sets and reps of exercises completed in a workout.

VOLUME TRAINING -- the name of the technique where high volume is used.

WORKOUT -- the noun; the sum total of one’s time, collection of exercises performed and the energy burned on the gym floor, be it at the local gym or in your garage.

WORKING IN -- the practice of cooperatively working with someone using a particular piece of equipment on the gym floor.

Nemesis

Awards
Have a question, regarding fat loss.. intake of about 150-200g carbs per day at 6'2 245 lbs... is this bad, and drop it, or whats your intake. Most comes in morning, pre/post workout.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
high intensity interval training... it probably comes up if you do a search
yessurrr....thank you for actually doing some research.....trip

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
BCAA = Branched chain Amino Acids

Here's a list I found from somewhere else:

Bodybuilding Acronyms/Glossary

AEROBIC -- Exercising in a manner which involves or improves oxygen consumption by the body.

ANABOLIC -- The phase of metabolism in which simple substances are synthesized into the complex materials of living tissue.

ANAEROBIC -- Intense exercise which is short in duration associated with the process of glucose and other cellular compounds energizing working muscles exclusive of oxygen from the blood.

BURN -- the sensation of burning pain felt in the specific muscle or muscles under the intense contraction of resistance training.

BB – Barbell, Bodybuilder

BF -- Bodyfat

BP – Bench Press

CATABOLIC/CATABOLISM -- destructive metabolism involving the release of energy and resulting in the breakdown of complex materials within the organism.

CGBP -- Close Grip Bench Press

CONCENTRIC CONTRACTION -- the shortening of a muscle due to muscle contraction. Also known as the positive or positive contraction, moving the resistance away from the plane of gravity. For example, pulling the weight up in a biceps curl movement.

CUT/RIPPED -- bodybuilding term for muscularity and low bodyfat.

DB -- Dumbbell

DE -- Dynamic Effort

DEADS -- Traditional Deadlifts

DOMS -- Delayed Onset Muscular Soreness, the phenomena of muscle soreness from sport or exercise afflicting the body a day or two after performance.

ECA – Ephedrine, Caffeine, Aspirin

ECCENTRIC CONTRACTION -- The lengthening of the muscle while under the tension of resistance. Also known as the negative or negative contraction, countering the resistance in its movement toward the gravity plane. For example, the lowering of the weight in a biceps curl.

EFA – Essential Fatty Acids

EMG – Electromyography

FOCUS -- Concentration on all the aspects of the work before you

FULL RANGE OF MOTION -- a reference to the total action of a muscle(s) and the associated joint(s) in contrast to partial or abbreviated muscle and joint action.

GEAR – Anabolic Steroids

GI – Glycemic Index

GM - Good Mornings

HIGH REPS – Exercise repetitions done in high volume (above 12)

HIT – High Intensity Training

HIIT – High Intensity Interval Training

HMB -- beta-hydroxy beta-methylbutyrate – it’s produced in the body from proteins containing the amino acid leucine.

IMHO – In My Humble Opinion

IMO – In My Opinion

INTESITY -- extremity of strength, force, energy and feeling directed toward one’s training.

ISOLATION – The exercising of one specific muscle exclusive of others to focus effort on or protect that muscle.

JUICE -- Anabolic Steroids

LOL – Laughing Out Loud

LOW REPS -- Exercise repetitions done in low volume (below 6)

MAX REP or SINGLES -- a reference in power lifting to the heavy single repetition sets (single rep set) practiced in training to approach one’s maximum (max) lifting output. 1RM= one rep max.

ME -- Maximal Effort

OL – Olympic Lifting

MM – muscle magazine

MRP – Meal Replacement Powder

NATTY – Natural

NATTY PB – Natural Peanut Butter

PACE -- in weight lifting, as in other sports, a training term referring to the gauged speed at which one trains. Pace will vary with personality, purpose, mood or external factors (gym busy-ness, injury, other revolting interruptions).

PB – Peanut Butter

Pec Dec - A vertical bench/machine used to isolate the pectoral muscles through a full range of motion, including pre-stretch.

PH – Pro-Hormones

PL – Power Lifting

PR -- abbreviation for personal record.

PUMP -- muscle jargon referring to the enlarged and tightened sensation the lifter experiences within the working muscle resulting from the blood engorgement.

PUMPING IRON -- slang for lifting weights originated in the ’50s.

PW – Post Workout

RAW – to lift without the aid of tools such as a bench shirt, squat suit, straps, belt

REPETITION or REP -- one complete movement of an exercise.

RGBP – Reverse Grip Bench Press

ROFL – Rolling On the Floor Laughing

ROFLMAF – Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Ass Off

SET -- the prescribed number of repetitions of any given exercise. Example: 1 set of 8 repetitions.

SLDL -- Stiff (Straight) Leg Deadlifts

SOHP - Standing over head press

SPLIT WORKOUT -- a workout divided into two or more parts thereby allowing different muscle groups to be worked at different times of the day (morning and evening) or on different days.

SPOT -- the act of standing nearby in a supportive capacity as a co-lifter attempts heavy lifting where assistance might be required. The spot might include assistance in the case of failure to complete a lift, aid in bringing a heavy weight into starting position or added lifting help for an intense trainee forcing repetitions beyond his own limits.

SPOTTER -- one who spots.

SUPERSET -- two exercises performed alternately; one exercise followed by a second exercise in complement before resting, i.e. biceps curl followed by triceps extension equal one superset.

TRI-SETS -- three exercises executed one after the other in close succession, the total comprising one set, or tri-set.

VOLUME -- a reference in muscle building to the total of sets and reps of exercises completed in a workout.

VOLUME TRAINING -- the name of the technique where high volume is used.

WORKOUT -- the noun; the sum total of one’s time, collection of exercises performed and the energy burned on the gym floor, be it at the local gym or in your garage.

WORKING IN -- the practice of cooperatively working with someone using a particular piece of equipment on the gym floor.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to neoborn again.

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
i PMed him a link to bb.com's article on it... i was a noob too once :)

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Have a question, regarding fat loss.. intake of about 150-200g carbs per day at 6'2 245 lbs... is this bad, and drop it, or whats your intake. Most comes in morning, pre/post workout.
This has nothing to do with cortisol and belly fat. I would search for low carb diet. On a side note your carb intake is un-healthy low. You should be taking in about 735 grams of carbs daily for your weight. Your not even close to that and I can imagine if you don't already you will feel like crap and hit a wall. Don't neglect carbs. Do the standard 500 calorie deficit to start out with. As you lose weight adjust your calories as needed. Don't stay at a 500 calorie deficit for long.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
This has nothing to do with cortisol and belly fat. I would search for low carb diet. On a side note your carb intake is un-healthy low. You should be taking in about 735 grams of carbs daily for your weight. Your not even close to that and I can imagine if you don't already you will feel like crap and hit a wall. Don't neglect carbs. Do the standard 500 calorie deficit to start out with. As you lose weight adjust your calories as needed. Don't stay at a 500 calorie deficit for long.
I disagree. His carb intake is not too low for his goals. "unhealthy" is something I'd like clarification on from you, oh wise personal trainer.

You can't just prescribe a standard macronutrient amount, and use a cookie cutter approach for everyone. People respond differently to different approaches. I would think a personal trainer such as yourself would know this...

I for one use a CKD approach and it works wonders for me with almost any goal... It may not work for him, or you, but you need to find out for yourself and not take what people say as gospel in this forum.

You are too adamant with your advice, and that is what irks me. I have met many personal trainers who are for one, fat slobs, and secondly employ the most archaic training philosophies around... to the point that they could be construed as unqualified to help anyone.

The fact that you used the term "unhealthy" for his carb quota is very significant. I would love an explanation from you as to why you would think any amount of carbs would postulate an effect on health.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Ubi, that was a nice post...different strokes for different folks...

Unlike Ubi, I like a moderate carb, high protein, low fat diet...I can manipulate it to help me reach any goal I plan on.

Nemesis

Awards
Thanks for the input guys. As far as feeling tired... i have just been weight training for the first week on this specific intake to see how it looks and playing around and i do feel fine on that carb intake, now as soon as i start some cardio and HIIT then we'll see how my body responds to such an intake. Thanks for the input guys,
Peace.

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
i also dont think its too low of a carb intake... when i was cutting i took in around 75g carbs a day and carbed up every third or fourth day to around 100-125g... and i lost 40 pounds of fat in less than 4 months and kept all my strength and muscle

i dont have anything against the higher carb cutters, but i strongly believe that different approaches work for different body types... try a few out and see what works best for you