How to dose BCAAs and carbs for fasted cardio

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I am gonna start doing fasted morning cardio(can you say fun).
I have never taken BCAAs before or done fasted cardio and was wondering how much BCAAs I am ment to take and when, and what I am ment to eat around the cardio session. Should I have carbs after it or just protein? I plan on doing an hour of cardio every morning.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use about 20g during fasted cardio. I drink the first 10g about 15-20 minutes before I start and then drink the rest during my cardio.

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
I've been waking up, drinking around 15g of either xtend or ice, and then doing 15-20 mins of interval training. Then i take a shower, and make my breakfast (12 egg whites + 6 strawberries).

So far its been working great for me... I was at 272 at the beginning of May and i just weighed in this morning at 240 even.

I'm running a super strict diet and exercise program, but I think the fasted cardio is helping a huge amount (I'm a big fan of interval training).

dpatterson

Awards
DSW...

Would you mind posting you diet and workout plan? I started at 290 and am down in the lower 250's today. Ultimate goal is 230 or so. I have been wanting to shift gears from a Weight Lifting routine to more of Cardio to help shed some of this belly fat.

Any help is appreciated.

DP

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
DSW...

Would you mind posting you diet and workout plan? I started at 290 and am down in the lower 250's today. Ultimate goal is 230 or so. I have been wanting to shift gears from a Weight Lifting routine to more of Cardio to help shed some of this belly fat.

Any help is appreciated.

DP
Sure thing.

I posted this on a different forum, so i will just copy-paste the post to here. My diet was set up by a trainer at my gym who actually just took first place in the lightweight at the NPC team universe in NYC, so i trust the calories aren't excessively low (despite what people might say).

I suggest that you keep your weight lifting routine, but just make your cardio sessions more intense and be extremely strict with your diet. No need to quit lifting and risk losing muscle mass... the cardio and caloric deficit will take care of the fat loss.

Original Post:
------------------------------------------------

Here is a copy of my diet program for those interested. A lot of people will probably say "those calories are way too low, especially for a 250lb person" but its been working great for me these past couple months and i havent lost strength or muscle.

For supplements, i have been taking:

ECA 2x a day (2 hydroxycut hardcore pills stacked with 25mg ephedrine)

around 30g BCAAs while i work out (i mix up what i use daily but its usually 20g of either Xtend, Ice, or bulk BCAAs mixed with 10g Purple Wraath)

either CellMass or Green Magnitude mixed with the BCAAs while i work out

some kind of preworkout supp like NO Xplode, Fast Twitch, Armegeddon, NO Shotgun, White Flood, etc (i like to buy several different supplements of the same category and mix it up day to day, in case you havent noticed)

fish oil 1g with each meal (the totals for fat and calories do not take these into account)

gnc ultra mega gold multivitamin 2x a day

biotin 2x a day (for hair thickness)

chromium picolinate 200mcg 3x a day

gnc fast acting triflex 4x a day (glucosamine/chondrition/msm for joints)

3 day diet cycle...

Day 1:

830 - 1 scoop elite whey protein in water, 6 egg whites, 6 strawberries
1130 - 6oz grilled chicken breast, 2oz yam with cinnamon
230 - 6oz grilled chicken breast, 1 cup steamed broccoli
530 - 6oz grilled chicken breast, 2 oz yam with cinnamon
830 - 6oz grilled chicken breast, 1 cup steamed broccoli
1130 - 2 scoops (60g) casein/whey powder in water

totals - protein 294g, carbs 55g, fat 16g, calories ~1650

Day 2: (same food but order has switched... yam with second meal instead of first, etc... and strawberries added to pre-bed shake)

830 - 1 scoop elite whey protein in water, 6 egg whites, 6 strawberries
1130 - 6oz grilled chicken breast, 1 cup steamed broccoli
230 - 6oz grilled chicken breast, 2oz yam with cinnamon
530 - 6oz grilled chicken breast, 1 cup steamed broccoli
830 - 6oz grilled chicken breast, 2 oz yam with cinnamon
1130 - 2 scoops (60g) casein/whey powder in water, 6 strawberries

totals - protein 294g, carbs 64g, fat 16g, calories ~1675

Day 3: (carb and fat load day... 2oz yam with every meal and lean ground beef replaces chicken)

830 - 1 scoop elite whey protein in water, 6 egg whites, 2oz yam
1130 - 6oz 95% lean ground beef, 2 oz yam with cinnamon
230 - 6oz 95% lean ground beef, 2 oz yam with cinnamon
530 - 6oz 95% lean ground beef, 2 oz yam with cinnamon
830 - 6oz 95% lean ground beef, 2 oz yam with cinnamon
1130 - 2 scoops (60g) casein/whey powder in water, 6 strawberries

totals - protein 275g, carbs 95g, fat 25g, calories ~1950

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
I also might as well throw in some progress pics... the left one was taken way back in january when i was 280. I tried a cutting diet of my own but only lost 8 pounds between january and the end of april.

Then I switched over to the diet I just posted above, and it REALLY started working wonders. I went from looking not much thinner than the left pic at the beginning of may, to looking like the right pic by the end of june.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WOW! Great work there buddy!!!!!

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
I also might as well throw in some progress pics... the left one was taken way back in january when i was 280. I tried a cutting diet of my own but only lost 8 pounds between january and the end of april.

Then I switched over to the diet I just posted above, and it REALLY started working wonders. I went from looking not much thinner than the left pic at the beginning of may, to looking like the right pic by the end of june.

Dude what are you like 6'10 for being at 280 in that first pic you dont really look 280 but much props man lookin good:bb3:

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
Dude what are you like 6'10 for being at 280 in that first pic you dont really look 280 but much props man lookin good:bb3:
thanks for the kind words!

i'm 6'8, you were close :thumbsup:

i was at 360 pounds back in high school and i dont think i went a solid week without either the football coach or athletic director trying to recruit me for the team lol