help me lose!

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.67%

help me lose!

so, i've got a friend who is wanting to lose some weight. She'd like to lose upwards of around 50 to 60 pounds. she's not sure exactly what she can eat.
    any suggestions?

2. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

She can eat less!

Anyone who has 50-60lbs of weight to lose does not need a critical macronutrient ratio. Less calories is all that is required. Take her body weight and multiply by 10 for her calories. If she is active and works out take her body weight and multiply by 12 for her calories.

Consume very little to no sugar if possible. Consume complex carbohydrates, in low to moderate quantities, such as vegetables and grains (oatmeal). Consume high(er) quantities of quality proteins like chicken, fish, eggs and beef. Consume EFA's (good fats) like fish oil, extra virgin olive oil, etc.

To lose 2lbs a week she needs to eat 1000 less calories a day than she does now.

To lose 3lbs a week she needs to eat 1500 less calories a day than she does now.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Sorry I can't help you lose, but I can help you fail! I am a complete failure everytime I leave the gym
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.61%

For me the single most important thing that keeps me on track is never letting my hunger go to long because then i'm almost guaranteed to cheat.... HARD!!!!!

so eat every 2-3 hrs and DO NOT LET YOURSELF START TO FEEL STARVING.... drink tons of water to help feel full too
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.13%

Quote Originally Posted by THEleroy View Post
    so, i've got a friend who is wanting to lose some weight. She'd like to lose upwards of around 50 to 60 pounds. she's not sure exactly what she can eat.
    any suggestions?
    Perhaps we have the same friend...If you want to help her lose weight, then you may have to hold her hand the whole way and be EXTREMELY supportive. My experience with overweight girls is that if they got that heavy while fighting the fad no calorie diets of highschool, then they may be too complacent in their current state. Let her know that you care as much about her success and health as she SHOULD/DOES. Once that first 20 lbs drops off she will want to keep going on her own...hopefully.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help me lose 24 pounds- diet//workout// DCP/recreate
    By nightside1234 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-10-2009, 10:40 AM
  2. Is this a goos stack to help me lose fat??
    By seanf76 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 05:15 PM
  3. help me lose the last couple pounds...
    By bj22 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 04:48 PM
  4. need help me lose weight and gain muscle mass
    By aintfrreshazi in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 11:22 AM
  5. please help me lose bf
    By renans in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-02-2006, 05:15 PM