cutting carbs

swtnycboy

Awards
I am wanting to get to 4% body fat and eating just plain old healthy is not working well. I am doing cardio as well and have cut my cal intake to like 1800 a day.

Question is do i cut all bread, pasta, rice, etc AND fruits or can i leave the fruits?

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
most likely yes. many people eat more carbs then they should to begin with. cut down some on the carbs, if u still want to eat some carbs make sure its whole grain. although, if u really want to get down to 4%(which is very low/unhealthy) yes, really gonna need to cut almost all carbs, drop cals even lower, and really step up the cardio.

swtnycboy

Awards
checked in april it was 8%. stepped up the cardio and diet alot more now. It seems like my body fat is good but my abs arent as detail. anyone got some good ab workouts?

swtnycboy

Awards
most likely yes. many people eat more carbs then they should to begin with. cut down some on the carbs, if u still want to eat some carbs make sure its whole grain. although, if u really want to get down to 4%(which is very low/unhealthy) yes, really gonna need to cut almost all carbs, drop cals even lower, and really step up the cardio.
Whats a healthy body fat level where abs can show?

GI2EG

GI2EG

Awards
Most people have good abs at 8%...maybe your measurement system isn't very accurate.

swtnycboy

Awards
Most people have good abs at 8%...maybe your measurement system isn't very accurate.
i did the body test at my college. pinched me and eerything with the thinger.

GI2EG

GI2EG

Awards
Gotcha, definitely possible that you (personally) tend to store most of your fat around or midsection. Or it could be extra fluid retention. Do you take in much 1) carbohydrate 2) sodium 3) creatine?

GI2EG

GI2EG

Awards
Heebs, did you have your bf measured at the time your avatar picture was taken?

swtnycboy

Awards
Gotcha, definitely possible that you (personally) tend to store most of your fat around or midsection. Or it could be extra fluid retention. Do you take in much 1) carbohydrate 2) sodium 3) creatine?
i do keep track of the exact grams of carbs i take in a day but its majority of my diet i think. I am on my off creatine cause i am cycling it now. Don't think i eat alot of salt. I was at 8% fat before i started creatine.

GI2EG

GI2EG

Awards
I see.

Personally, i am noticably bigger but less cut when on even low dosage cycles of creatine. I don't use it at all anymore, seemed to slow me down. But anyway, remember that you store 2 or 3 grams of water with every gram of glycogen. This water will be stored everywhere, even close to the skin. This is why ab models/bodybuilders dehydrate before shoots/shows.

swtnycboy

Awards
I see.

Personally, i am noticably bigger but less cut when on even low dosage cycles of creatine. I don't use it at all anymore, seemed to slow me down. But anyway, remember that you store 2 or 3 grams of water with every gram of glycogen. This water will be stored everywhere, even close to the skin. This is why ab models/bodybuilders dehydrate before shoots/shows.
you know... you just shot my hopes of having a visible six pack everyday. i was fine with putting in the extra work for the results but now you saying i gotta dehydrate myself for it. tell me that i am in college just to be working in mcdonalds for the rest of my life why wont you.

Jimbo15

Jimbo15

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established
cut carbs that aren't veggies with exception of post workout. there are plenty of things to eat with low/no carbs that are great. keep around 6-8 meals. lots of water/green tea. no salt or creatine. what are u supplementing?

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
checked in april it was 8%. stepped up the cardio and diet alot more now. It seems like my body fat is good but my abs arent as detail. anyone got some good ab workouts?
At 8% your abs should be pretty damn defined. Post a picture for educated guesses, but maybe you're higher than you think.

If you want to get to 4% then you're probably going to have to cut all carbs, fats, and proteins.

GI2EG

GI2EG

Awards
You don't have to be dehydrated, that is the extreme. What i'm saying is that you could be storing more water than you need.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Damn bro, you'd have to basically diet and train like you were actually preparing for a show if you wanted to get down to 4 percent. I don't think anybody just walks around in there daily life at 4 percent bf. Even an ectomorph.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Damn bro, you'd have to basically diet and train like you were actually preparing for a show if you wanted to get down to 4 percent. I don't think anybody just walks around in there daily life at 4 percent bf. Even an ectomorph.
Herschel Walker walked around at 4 percent... but he was a demigodomoprh.

lovemuscle

Awards
4% is pretty serious. Try getting measured again just to make sure you're not higher than 8%.

jlowsho

Awards
4% is where most amatures compete at if they aren't using heavy dieuretics dude. How much do you weigh and how many carbs are you eating? Cutting carbs completely isn't gonna do much if your not increasing healthy fats to take their place. What are your macros? Has anyone talked to you about nutrient timing? You don't have to eliminate carbs. Just eat them at the right time of the day.

1800 calories!? with cardio? How much do you weigh and how many days in a row are you doing this? There is no fast track to losing body fat. If you try to lose too much too much you WILL burn up valuable muscle that could have made you look leaner faster had you not had to burn it for energy on a ridiculously low calories diet.