Help Me Find a Way!!

Bisi06

Awards
Critique this cutting Stack

I'm looking to only get cut not be massive. I'm 5'8, 190lbs I don't know my bodyfat.

I'm taking a stack from "nutritional concepts" called "the diet source" it consists of 4 supplements:

Thermo Lean
- that supposedly boost energy and supports sugar metabolism.
it contains
calcium
chromium
potassium
Garcina Cambogia
guarana seed extract
kola nut extract
gymnema extract
L-Carnitine

Omega Lean
Safflower oil (CLA)

Bio Cleanse

Fiber supp

Hydro Balance

supports fluid balance
potassium
buchu extract
uva ursi extract
juniper
parsley

Along with the "Diet Source" kit
I just received

Orange Triad
Bulk Lipoderm
DCP
AP
and bulk sesathin

Should I add creatine to this mix? Anything else?
ANy advice would be greatly appreciated.
:think:

Last edited:
SwordBurn

SwordBurn

Awards
  • Established
"...not be massive"

"...should I add creatine?"

:stick:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your question is all over the place. Refocus on what you would like to do in the short term (~3 months) and long term. Do not rely on supplements to make the difference in your training and diet. There are many, many threads on here about how to use all of the supplements you have and research would be in your best interest.

Bisi06

Awards
THis is my diet and my problem specified

I don't get the poke in the eye thing for the creatine question. An answer would be nice.http://anabolicminds.com/forum/images/smilies/wtf.gif

I really just want to lose weight as I get back in shape. I'm pretty big already. Not like some of the beast on the board but I have good shoulders, arms, and chest. The problem comes when I take off my shirt and the love handles are so prominent. I read on the site and everywhere else that i need to completely get in shape before they dissappear. I did my research and the supps I got are the outcome of my research. Now I'm asking is there anything I'm missing. I'm moving to the beach all summer and will be attending my best friends wedding in late august IN JAMAICA. I want a beach body.
Usually you guys have the best answers. Maybe i overstayed my welcome.

ps I will be running or biking every morning and doing some lifting 3-4 days a week. possibly more. I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder so heavy lifting is out of the question. ANy suggestions supplement or exercise wise would be helpful.
Breakfast
As of now I have a protein shake w/ whey protein isolate, flax, fruit, yogurt, and oj

Brunch
two packs of weight control oatmeal w/ raisins and cashews

Lunch
Can of tuna on whole
wheat bread with a tablespoon of fat free, zero calorie miracle whip

4th meal
Smoothie as above

Dinner Varies but it has been hard to eat right for dinner

Bisi06

Awards
Rodja

I also want to compete eventually in MMA events so I don't want to lose my flexibility. I'm a wrestling coach and have wrestled most of my life and coming from where I'm from I have done a lot of streetfighting. I'm hoping to get into some JKD, muay thai, and brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes in September and I want to regain some endurance to handle those workouts over the summer. If you know of any good schools or training centers in the new york area please let me know.

Compressiceps

Compressiceps

Awards
Adding creatine may help if your a responder, I would get regular bulk creatine monohydrate. There is a school of though that you should continue to try to add muscle during a cut because muscle is thermogenic. If your cutting calories you wont get massive anyway. But if you do, let me know what your taking. In my experience putting on muscle doesn't happen easily.

nilebo2

Awards
Adding creatine may help if your a responder, I would get regular bulk creatine monohydrate.
Hi all, new to the posting thing so please bear with me. I am in the same boat as the original poster (same height, weight, fat %, etc.) but only supplement with whey shakes pre and post work out. I was struck by the above comment and wondered if it could be explained to me what a "responder" is? I have been tossing the idea of adding creatine mono while I cut, but have heard conflicting ideas. Many say it won't help or hurt the cause so I question as to why I would spend the money on it. Any suggestions?

Thanks, and sorry if this is considered high jacking.

GI2EG

GI2EG

Awards
Hi all, new to the posting thing so please bear with me. I am in the same boat as the original poster (same height, weight, fat %, etc.) but only supplement with whey shakes pre and post work out. I was struck by the above comment and wondered if it could be explained to me what a "responder" is? I have been tossing the idea of adding creatine mono while I cut, but have heard conflicting ideas. Many say it won't help or hurt the cause so I question as to why I would spend the money on it. Any suggestions?

Thanks, and sorry if this is considered high jacking.
Some people respond to creatine, some really just don't.

GI2EG

GI2EG

Awards
Bisi:

I'm very curious as to what makes it "hard to eat right for dinner". You want to be lean. Eat like a lean person eats, you can still have foods that taste good.

As far as the rest of your diet goes:

I'd do some more chewing, especially first thing in the morning. Peristalsis is a mechanical process, and its started by chewing, and not just drinking food. This should mean greater nutrient absorption.

Brunch looks weak. Get a few grams of protein in there.

I'd cut the oatmeal and wheat bread if it were me. Wanna burn fat? Eat fat.

The whole diet looks a bit light calorie-wise, maybe alternate it with a higher cal day.

Do you know how to squat? Have you heard of the Tabata protocol? If so, combine these two things and do some Tabata Squats.

Proceed to get ripped.

SatireWolf

SatireWolf

Awards
  • Established
I don't get the poke in the eye thing for the creatine question. An answer would be nice.http://anabolicminds.com/forum/images/smilies/wtf.gif

I really just want to lose weight as I get back in shape. I'm pretty big already. Not like some of the beast on the board but I have good shoulders, arms, and chest. The problem comes when I take off my shirt and the love handles are so prominent. I read on the site and everywhere else that i need to completely get in shape before they dissappear. I did my research and the supps I got are the outcome of my research. Now I'm asking is there anything I'm missing. I'm moving to the beach all summer and will be attending my best friends wedding in late august IN JAMAICA. I want a beach body.
Usually you guys have the best answers. Maybe i overstayed my welcome.

ps I will be running or biking every morning and doing some lifting 3-4 days a week. possibly more. I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder so heavy lifting is out of the question. ANy suggestions supplement or exercise wise would be helpful.
Breakfast
As of now I have a protein shake w/ whey protein isolate, flax, fruit, yogurt, and oj

Brunch
two packs of weight control oatmeal w/ raisins and cashews

Lunch
Can of tuna on whole
wheat bread with a tablespoon of fat free, zero calorie miracle whip

4th meal
Smoothie as above

Dinner Varies but it has been hard to eat right for dinner
If you're REALLY serious about getting that fat burned off in 1 month, you're going to have to be doing some intense cardio (like 60+ minutes of very intense workout) as many days out of the week as you can stand it, and lifting in between to try to maintain muscle mass.

I have heard, although not tried, DCP. The word is it lets you strip fat faster, by mobilizing the lipids, but you're going to have to burn them love bubbles off with sweat and tears, and hopefully not too much spilt blood.

That being said, what's your BF %, and how much fat do you think you're going to have to burn before you get your love handles under control? At most you're going to be able to burn off around 8 lbs of fat, but much more than that and you're going to be eating muscle too. You'll still lose some muscle mass with those 8 lbs if you try to do it in a month.