DNP (2 4-dinitrophenol)

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Conciliator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    175
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    78.16%

    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    Sure, like I said, it CAN be used safely, but making light of its dangers is irresponsible. Alot of the things we use have risks, it's just that some pose greater risks than others. It all comes down to personal choice and what an individual is willing to risk for the sake of vanity.
    The problem is that the risk of dying from DNP is grossly overstated. Yes, it's a substance that needs to be used intelligently, but no, it's not half as dangerous as most imagine it to be.

  2. Board Supporter
    Yagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    48
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    232
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    35.59%

    Originally Posted by buff87
    I just wanted to comment on this part...

    I have ran maybe 3-4 DNP cycles... First one low dose the others
    much higher doses and have always had 20/20 vision my whole life...
    In the last year my eye sight has suffered... I no longer have 20/20
    vision and have a hard time focusing on things more then 20' away...
    I have talked to one other well known Mod that has run alot more
    cycles and is 10 years younger then myself that has experienced the
    same problems with his eye sight... We have talked about it in private..
    I guess no one likes to admit to suffering any side effects and I have
    not brought it up until now myself... Who wants to admit they used
    something that did some kind of damage to them?

    This is the only side effect that I can see can happen quite easily and one
    that seems not to reverse itself either... ...but this side effect is very common and not talked about enuf....
  3. New Member
    Conciliator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    175
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    78.16%

    Quote Originally Posted by Yagman View Post
    Originally Posted by buff87
    I just wanted to comment on this part...

    I have ran maybe 3-4 DNP cycles... First one low dose the others
    much higher doses and have always had 20/20 vision my whole life...
    In the last year my eye sight has suffered... I no longer have 20/20
    vision and have a hard time focusing on things more then 20' away...
    I have talked to one other well known Mod that has run alot more
    cycles and is 10 years younger then myself that has experienced the
    same problems with his eye sight... We have talked about it in private..
    I guess no one likes to admit to suffering any side effects and I have
    not brought it up until now myself... Who wants to admit they used
    something that did some kind of damage to them?

    This is the only side effect that I can see can happen quite easily and one
    that seems not to reverse itself either... ...but this side effect is very common and not talked about enuf....
    DNP is linked specifically to cataracts, not to any loss of visual acuity.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    jarhead's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,295
    Rep Power
    818
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    11.57%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Conciliator View Post
    DNP is linked specifically to cataracts, not to any loss of visual acuity.
    Uhh... cataracts affect visual acuity.
  5. New Member
    smc252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    241
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    45.52%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conciliator View Post
    T3 is notoriously catabolic. DNP isn't... among other reasons.
    In all honesty,
    DNP may not be as dangerous as people say, but the fact remains that it is a cellular metabolic poison. It was around in the 1930s for dieting and died out for a reason. Not to mention side effects such as cataracts and fever leading to death.

    Deaths are rare but aren't unheard of: Dying to be thin: a dinitrophenol related fatality. [Vet Hum Toxicol. 2004] - PubMed Result

    Thyroid hormone + growth hormone = ultimate safer fat burning stack?
    The growth hormones are going to stop the catabolic effects of T3, and are even synergestic with T4, as it converts in the liver.
  6. New Member
    aragorn1500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    46
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    133
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    38.67%

    I tried the crystal DNP and for two + weeks all I did was sweat a little at night. The caps are dosed at 250mg and I was running 500mg for more than 11 days and did not get the results that most claim.
  7. New Member
    Conciliator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    175
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    78.16%

    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    Uhh... cataracts affect visual acuity.
    Right, but cataracts (and DNP-induced catarats specifically) are distinct from other visual impairments that also affect acuity. When people say "I have a hard time focusing on things more then 20' away" or other vague changes in acuity, all evidence says it's not the DNP. Cataracts from DNP are unique and identifiable. Let me quote Horner:
    From these case reports it became apparent that dinitrophenol cataracts presented certain new and characteristic features:

    (1) They occurred in young women who were physically normal save for varying degrees of obesity, and who were all in an age group in which senile cataract does not occur. [Note that there were three case reports in men] (2) The cataracts were bilateral, and appeared either during or following periods of "slimming" treatment with dinitrobodies. (3) An interval of months or years might elapse between the time the last dose was taken and the onset of blurred vision. (4) The lens changes were strikingly similar, and could be demonstrated by the biomicroscope at a time when vision for distance and reading was still normal. (5) After a gradual onset, the lens changes progressed with startling rapidity until vision was obscured. (6) Treatment was without effect in staying their progress. (7) Surgical extraction of the lens was uniformly successful in restoring vision.
  8. New Member
    Conciliator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    175
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    78.16%

    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn1500 View Post
    I tried the crystal DNP and for two + weeks all I did was sweat a little at night. The caps are dosed at 250mg and I was running 500mg for more than 11 days and did not get the results that most claim.
    I'd bet that you were using the sodium salt of DNP, which means you were probably taking from 300-375mg/day of actual DNP, not 500mg.

    I'd also bet that you were expecting to lose a pound a day (which is not a reasonable expectation) and that you ended up losing 3-5 pounds in those 11 days, which is consistent with your dosage.
  9. Advanced Member
    MuscleBound1337's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    928
    Rep Power
    573
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    84.82%

    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Conciliator again.
  10. New Member
    Conciliator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    175
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    78.16%

    Quote Originally Posted by leetuser View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Conciliator again.
    Hey, thanks bro!
  11. New Member
    smc252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    241
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    45.52%

    PGCL seems to work better, although it is newer and less is really known about it..

    Anyone here tried both DNP and PGCL?
  12. Senior Member
    jarhead's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,295
    Rep Power
    818
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    11.57%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Conciliator View Post
    Right, but cataracts (and DNP-induced catarats specifically) are distinct from other visual impairments that also affect acuity. When people say "I have a hard time focusing on things more then 20' away" or other vague changes in acuity, all evidence says it's not the DNP. Cataracts from DNP are unique and identifiable. Let me quote Horner:

    That's like the argument from the show "curb your entusiasm"-- "He has the <good>type of hodgkins". Dnp can cause cataracts. Cataracts affect visual acuity. Dnp has shown ill effects at smaller dosages than we even use for fatloss. It's a hit or miss compound as we've all pretty much pointed out. At the bottom of this post is an excerpt from a public health statement about dnp that has some interesting stuff in it..

    I will say that I feel like a hypocrite with this topic because I have used and will use clen and t3, which on some boards get blasted as being too dangerous to mess with. I completely understand your stance on dnp. My only point is that there are people that will come here who won't take the time to research things the way most of us do. With this being something that CAN kill you somewhat easier or have more serious consequences than alot of the stuff we use, we shouldn't make light of it's dangers. And you are absolutely right, it can be safe and effective for some. It comes down to personal choice.


    excerpt:
    How can dinitrophenols affect my health?

    Most of what we know about how DNP can affect your health comes from old reports by doctors who prescribed DNP to patients who wanted to lose weight. A person could even buy DNP at a drug store without a prescription. DNP has been banned by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration as a diet pill since 1938 because of the harmful effects that occurred in their patients, especially cataracts. Most of the ways that DNP can affect your health do not depend on how you are exposed or for how long. Some people who took DNP were harmed, while others were not, even though they took the same or higher doses. Although some people became ill after taking DNP for short periods, other people could take DNP for longer periods before becoming ill. This means that some people are more sensitive to the harmful effects of DNP than others. Brief or long-term exposure to DNP can cause increased basal metabolic rates (the rate that you use energy at complete rest); a feeling of warmth; sweating; weight loss; and increased heart rate, breathing rate, and body temperature. Some or all of these effects have occurred in some people after they swallowed doses as high as 46 milligrams of DNP per kilogram of their body weight per day (mg/kg/day) or doses as low as 1 mg/kg/day DNP. Some people who took doses of 2 mg/kg/day DNP or more for short or long periods experienced numbness in their hands and feet. Some people who swallowed doses of 6 mg DNP/kg/day for short periods or doses of 1 to 4 mg/kg/day DNP for long periods had a serious decrease of certain types of white blood cells that fight disease. Some people who swallowed doses of 1 to 4 mg/kg/day DNP for short or for long periods developed serious skin reactions that sometimes disappeared even while they were still being exposed. DNP caused cataracts in both eyes of some people who swallowed about 2 to 4 mg/kg/day DNP for short or long periods. This condition could lead to blindness in both eyes. If you breathe in, swallow, or have skin contact with large amounts of DNP, you may die. A few people have died after swallowing 3 to 46 mg/kg/day of DNP for short periods or doses as low as 1 to 4 mg/kg/day for long periods. Some workers who breathed in air containing 40 mg DNP per cubic meter of air (mg/m) or more for long periods have also died.

    The effects of DNP found in animals are similar to those in humans, except that the effects on feeling in the hands and feet, and on white blood cells were not found in animals. Cataracts also occurred in some types of animals that swallowed DNP.


    Most of what we know about how DNP can affect your health comes from old reports by doctors who prescribed DNP to patients who wanted to lose weight. A person could even buy DNP at a drug store without a prescription. DNP has been banned by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration as a diet pill since 1938 because of the harmful effects that occurred in their patients, especially cataracts. Most of the ways that DNP can affect your health do not depend on how you are exposed or for how long. Some people who took DNP were harmed, while others were not, even though they took the same or higher doses. Although some people became ill after taking DNP for short periods, other people could take DNP for longer periods before becoming ill. This means that some people are more sensitive to the harmful effects of DNP than others. Brief or long-term exposure to DNP can cause increased basal metabolic rates (the rate that you use energy at complete rest); a feeling of warmth; sweating; weight loss; and increased heart rate, breathing rate, and body temperature. Some or all of these effects have occurred in some people after they swallowed doses as high as 46 milligrams of DNP per kilogram of their body weight per day (mg/kg/day) or doses as low as 1 mg/kg/day DNP. Some people who took doses of 2 mg/kg/day DNP or more for short or long periods experienced numbness in their hands and feet. Some people who swallowed doses of 6 mg DNP/kg/day for short periods or doses of 1 to 4 mg/kg/day DNP for long periods had a serious decrease of certain types of white blood cells that fight disease. Some people who swallowed doses of 1 to 4 mg/kg/day DNP for short or for long periods developed serious skin reactions that sometimes disappeared even while they were still being exposed. DNP caused cataracts in both eyes of some people who swallowed about 2 to 4 mg/kg/day DNP for short or long periods. This condition could lead to blindness in both eyes. If you breathe in, swallow, or have skin contact with large amounts of DNP, you may die. A few people have died after swallowing 3 to 46 mg/kg/day of DNP for short periods or doses as low as 1 to 4 mg/kg/day for long periods. Some workers who breathed in air containing 40 mg DNP per cubic meter of air (mg/m) or more for long periods have also died.



    We do not know whether DNP causes reproductive or birth defects or cancer in humans. One study in rats suggested that if DNP is swallowed during pregnancy or nursing, it may cause death in newborn babies. Two other studies in mice suggested that DNP did not have effects on the unborn infant. We do not know whether DNP causes cancer in animals.
  13. New Member
    Conciliator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    175
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    78.16%

    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    I will say that I feel like a hypocrite with this topic because I have used and will use clen and t3, which on some boards get blasted as being too dangerous to mess with. I completely understand your stance on dnp. My only point is that there are people that will come here who won't take the time to research things the way most of us do. With this being something that CAN kill you somewhat easier or have more serious consequences than alot of the stuff we use, we shouldn't make light of it's dangers. And you are absolutely right, it can be safe and effective for some. It comes down to personal choice.
    On that note, a lot of people also take clomid during post cycle therapy. This has a risk of cataracts. It's possible that tamoxifen does as well.
  14. Board Supporter
    rhinochaser48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    310
    Rep Power
    291
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    70.43%

    bump for jarhead
  15. New Member
    stormballer33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    74
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    62%

    is 2 4-dinitrophenol available in the US as a research chemical like clen is? I would like to test it on a few rats to see which is better but dont know of a research site i can find it
  16. Advanced Member
    Rhyno's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    667
    Rep Power
    416
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    59.32%

    Quote Originally Posted by stormballer33 View Post
    is 2 4-dinitrophenol available in the US as a research chemical like clen is? I would like to test it on a few rats to see which is better but dont know of a research site i can find it
    No, you can't buy it as a research chem. It is too dangerous for the average researcher. I think your rats should focus more on diet than weight loss drugs.
  17. New Member
    buffb2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    185
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    78.6%

    I think more people die from fat then weight loss pills
  18. New Member
    snyper2k2's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  246 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    14.37%

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    DNP was a compound used to aid in weight loss back in the approx 1940s. In the 1940s, some physicians prescribed the drug DNP (dinitrophenol) to help patients lose weight. This treatment was abandoned after several patients died.
    DNP works by uncoupling the chemiosmotic machinery by making the lipid bilayer of the inner mitrochondrial membrane leaky to H+.Synthesis of fatty acid in adipose tissue requires cooperation of mitochondrial and cytoplasmic enzymes. Mitochondria release energy from food molecules and transform energy into useable form via the production of ATP. ATP is the primary carrier of energy within your cells, and most cells die quickly in the absence of it.

    This will tell your body will need to create more energy than usual to keep up with the demands DNP is placing on it. In addition, it will have to use more of the food you take in to produce that much-needed energy, and less of that food to create and store fat.

    This is just some of what I remember from reading my old biochemistry notes and some stuff I copied up here. There's more to it im sure online else where.
    1%<died

    I have also been researching about DNP. i had bookmarked several studies but I reformatted :-(
    . Anyways I have been researching and reading about it for a good month already. I read the thread here. http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/stero...p-2159-47.html

    I think its the best DNP info you can find.

    I also think it should be a sticky on this forum. We should also have a clen sticky here too. I am going to copy and paste and hopefully the mods will consider making it a sticky.
  19. New Member
    buffb2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    185
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    78.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by snyper2k2 View Post
    1%<died

    I have also been researching about DNP. i had bookmarked several studies but I reformatted :-(
    . Anyways I have been researching and reading about it for a good month already. I read the thread here. http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/stero...p-2159-47.html

    I think its the best DNP info you can find.

    I also think it should be a sticky on this forum. We should also have a clen sticky here too. I am going to copy and paste and hopefully the mods will consider making it a sticky.


    Wow this is good. Thanks. If anybody else is looking go to steriod forum then its a sticky. How to not F up DNP I second making this a sticky at least the actual post from the other forum. Thanks for your research and making it a easy click for me.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 3Vandoo's DNP Experience
    By 3Vandoo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-27-2011, 10:50 AM
  2. dnp results and feelings!
    By whale in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 06:35 PM
  3. dnp and death
    By whale in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-03-2003, 02:46 AM
  4. DNP--The Basics
    By Jackyl in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-19-2002, 07:03 PM
  5. DNP - The Basics Part#2
    By Jackyl in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2002, 06:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in