Lipoderm Ultra - for women?

Jenny

Awards
Can i use lipoderm ultra on my legs? I looking to loose around an inch off each thigh.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
You're not going to lose an inch, but yes, you can use it on your legs.

It is basically a spot reducer.

Jenny

Awards
Lipoderm Ultra - Legs

Can you recommend any other products that will help?

I currently weight train 3 times a week along with 3 20 minutes HIIT sessions. Would you advise changing this in any way?

Cheers

Jenny

Awards
My downfall is candy.

But generally its not too bad. This is an example of what i usually eat throughout the day

breakfast: High bran cereal & protein shake
snack: Apple
Lunch:Chicken Salad & cereal bar
Snack:this is when the sugar cravings start, sometimes i will have another shake and some fruit, if that doesn't stop the craving which it usually doesn't i'll have some candy
Dinner: chicken or lamb with vegetables and either wholemeal pasta or rice

Usually after dinner i have my worst cravings and this is when my diet goes to pot. Nothing seems to take away the cravings!

Throughout the day i probably have about 1 pint of skimmed milk

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Well the easiest way to combat those cravings is to eat a little more in the morning. That snack that is only an apple, try adding some form of protein, such as some tuna, chicken, etc.

There really is no way to get rid of the candy cravings, other then burning it into your mind that sugar is bad bad bad...try to stay away from it. Some things that I do, that work most of the time are to keep candy and sweets out of the house, because if the distraction isn't in your face, it's easier to combat it. And buy more fruit, the sugars found in things like strawberries, cantalope, honeydew, etc. are better for you becuase you will get filled up quicker and will have taken in less sugar, plus it's not refined.

And eat a late snack too...6 small meals a day is optimal, IMO.

As far as the training goes, 3 or 4 days a week, a total of probably 20 sets combined with the HIIT cardio is a good plan...you should see some results.

And with supplementation, are you taking anything beyond protein? I would suggest looking into some appetite suppressants/stimulants, AMP and Stimulant X come to mind. Although if you are sensitive to stims, be careful. And be aware that rest is very important because I have to stop dosing stims by 1pm or I won't be able to sleep well and this causes a rebound a few hours later where your cravings get somewhat more intense with the lack of anything supressing them...

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It is possible to lose an inch, but it depends on how much fat you have to lose.

Jenny

Awards
With regards to appetite suppressents they just don't work for me, i've tried EVERYTHING going.

I take each morning multi vitamins, gluatmine, chromium and apple cider vinegar. I was taking CLA instead of the apple cider, but hey i thought i'd give them ago.

My aim is to lose fat from my legs, i'm lucky that since i can remember even when i didn't really exercise i've always had a 6 pack. So i'm looking to get my legs in proportion to the rest of me. I'm not saying my thighs are huge, just i'd like them a little smaller!

Jenny

Awards
Lipoderm Ultra - Legs

It is possible to lose an inch, but it depends on how much fat you have to lose.
I would ideally would like to lose 2 inches off my hips/thighs, so my stats would be 33" Chest, 23/24" Waist, 34/24" Hips

Can i use the lipoderm on the knee area? This is the part of my legs i really don't like. Generally I wake up and my legs/knees don't look too bad, but then throughout the day my knees swell and look fat and horrible, any suggestions?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey, I use the lipoderm ultra and yes you can use it most places as a spot reducer. Do you do many lleg exercises? Building up some good muscle would help as muscle burns more fat.

I know some people will disagree with this but i used to have a really bad bakery habit, Muscle Milk actually broke me of my craving for sweets, plus it has protein it so its not to bad for you. It also helps with my migraines. You could try that, all the flavors are really good and then wean of it.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I always tell my wife to have a protein shake when she has sugar cravings. I get tired of shakes because they are too sweet for me. candy is my wife downfall also. dont lower GI foods will help with the cravings. candy makes your appetite worse.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would ideally would like to lose 2 inches off my hips/thighs, so my stats would be 33" Chest, 23/24" Waist, 34/24" Hips

Can i use the lipoderm on the knee area? This is the part of my legs i really don't like. Generally I wake up and my legs/knees don't look too bad, but then throughout the day my knees swell and look fat and horrible, any suggestions?
Well first off, you sound perfect to me.

But that aside, the way you're describing swelling of the knees almost speaks of a circulation issue, not a fat issue. Obviously, it's not possible to gain fat from the time you wake up to later on in the day, so it may have something to do with lymph drainage, blood flow, etc. That being the case, no, I wouldn't recommend Lipoderm for your knees.

You can use it on your hips and thighs, though.

Jenny

Awards
Lipoderm Ultra - Legs

Well first off, you sound perfect to me.

But that aside, the way you're describing swelling of the knees almost speaks of a circulation issue, not a fat issue. Obviously, it's not possible to gain fat from the time you wake up to later on in the day, so it may have something to do with lymph drainage, blood flow, etc. That being the case, no, I wouldn't recommend Lipoderm for your knees.

You can use it on your hips and thighs, though.
Thanks!

Can you recommend anything that would help for the swelling throughout the day?

I thought it could be water retention, so i began drinking more water throughout the day to flush it out. However this hasn't done the trick.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks!

I thought it could be water retention, so i began drinking more water throughout the day to flush it out. However this hasn't done the trick.
Good old fashioned Vitamin E will help with circulation.

Adams

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh and your measurements are perfect.

Adams

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks!

Well, is it significant swelling? How much size would you say you gain there during the day? Would you happen to have "before" (morning) and "after" (evening) pics of your knees?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Damn - Jmh80 is impressed. Stats sound hot.
Pics? Please? :D

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
With regards to appetite suppressents they just don't work for me, i've tried EVERYTHING going.

I take each morning multi vitamins, gluatmine, chromium and apple cider vinegar. I was taking CLA instead of the apple cider, but hey i thought i'd give them ago.

My aim is to lose fat from my legs, i'm lucky that since i can remember even when i didn't really exercise i've always had a 6 pack. So i'm looking to get my legs in proportion to the rest of me. I'm not saying my thighs are huge, just i'd like them a little smaller!
Make sure you are taking 4 to 6 grams of CLA per day. It may be more. The studies that showed CLA had good positive results on fat loss used something in this range.
However - most supplement bottles don't recommend anything near the range of this (and hence aren't effective).

Nutraplanet.com has a damn good price on CLA caps - I'm going to try some out myself.

BTW - you tried green tea? A few cups a day might be a good idea for you.

Jenny

Awards
Well, is it significant swelling? How much size would you say you gain there during the day? Would you happen to have "before" (morning) and "after" (evening) pics of your knees?
I'll try and get some for you to see over the weekend.

Thanks
J

Jenny

Awards
Make sure you are taking 4 to 6 grams of CLA per day. It may be more. The studies that showed CLA had good positive results on fat loss used something in this range.
However - most supplement bottles don't recommend anything near the range of this (and hence aren't effective).

Nutraplanet.com has a damn good price on CLA caps - I'm going to try some out myself.

BTW - you tried green tea? A few cups a day might be a good idea for you.

Thanks, I'll up my intake of CLA and let you know how it goes

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
The board would be especially interested in feedback on NP's CLA caps, I think.

I've not seen any - it would be a valuable addition to the board.

SatireWolf

SatireWolf

Awards
  • Established
Hey, I use the lipoderm ultra and yes you can use it most places as a spot reducer. Do you do many lleg exercises? Building up some good muscle would help as muscle burns more fat.

I know some people will disagree with this but i used to have a really bad bakery habit, Muscle Milk actually broke me of my craving for sweets, plus it has protein it so its not to bad for you. It also helps with my migraines. You could try that, all the flavors are really good and then wean of it.
Does this stuff really work? Does it just tighten the skin? Or does it really mobilize some fat cells? I've been very skeptical of any topical 'ointments' that claim to make things disappear. But does it really work?

SatireWolf

SatireWolf

Awards
  • Established
The board would be especially interested in feedback on NP's CLA caps, I think.

I've not seen any - it would be a valuable addition to the board.
I'm thinking about picking up some NP CLA to add to my diet regime, and I may add it here before I start a log. Stay tuned.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Satire, yeah, it works.

I know exactly what you're thinking and I understand completely- most topical fat loss products are complete bunk. But we were the first company to actually make it happen.

Couple of things to think about, though-

1) The type of fat you have- VAT vs. SAT. VAT is the type that makes your stomach protrude outward from the inside, SAT is the type of jiggly fat that's right underneath the skin. The Lipoderms only work on SAT. If you have VAT, check out Abliderate over at nutraplanet.com.

2) Your bodyfat must be below fairly to begin with, but you have a certain spot on your body that doesn't seem to want to go away. Say, for example, your abs.

3) Your diet and exercise must be in check. When it comes to diet, preferably a low-carb diet. The reason being, the Lipoderms don't actually melt the fat- they help mobilize the fat so it can be burned off. If your body isn't in fat-burning mode, the fat won't be mobilized and burned off.

SatireWolf

SatireWolf

Awards
  • Established
Satire, yeah, it works.

I know exactly what you're thinking and I understand completely- most topical fat loss products are complete bunk. But we were the first company to actually make it happen.

Couple of things to think about, though-

1) The type of fat you have- VAT vs. SAT. VAT is the type that makes your stomach protrude outward from the inside, SAT is the type of jiggly fat that's right underneath the skin. The Lipoderms only work on SAT. If you have VAT, check out Abliderate over at nutraplanet.com.

2) Your bodyfat must be below fairly to begin with, but you have a certain spot on your body that doesn't seem to want to go away. Say, for example, your abs.

3) Your diet and exercise must be in check. When it comes to diet, preferably a low-carb diet. The reason being, the Lipoderms don't actually melt the fat- they help mobilize the fat so it can be burned off. If your body isn't in fat-burning mode, the fat won't be mobilized and burned off.
This makes sense, although it does seem funny that I've had friends who change nothing and hope for the best with cremes. Sort of the deal with creams that have caffeine claiming that they make your fat work out or something so it burns off.

If all it does is 'mobilize' the fat, then I can believe that. The hardest thing in the world is to get your body to believe it isn't starving and let go of that last emergency ration you have stowed on board your gutt. I might have to give this a try once I get below 10 percent body fat again.