How much protien is too much at one time!!!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Originally posted by YellowJacket

Yes, I would be interested also, flamethrower mounted and ready to use though
    '

To bad I got a firehose that would easily put that out

2. Originally posted by Bobo

But with the addition of carbs, the whey will not get converted. Serisously ask yourself when you take a whey shake without some form of carb or fat. Thats the whole idea.
    Well now no one said we were talking about just whey .... I thought this was protein in general. The original question was the amount of total protein, not just whey......dumbasses
    •   

3. Originally posted by YellowJacket

Well now no one said we were talking about just whey .... I thought this was protein in general. The original question was the amount of total protein, not just whey......dumbasses
    Protein in general would convert at a lower rate. The faster the absortion the more chance of it converting into glucose. But the addition of mutiple sources with a carb source will eliminate most of these chances and the majority of the nutrients will get used as they are intended to be used.

4. Yes and the possible addition of some bioperine.

5. You guys wear me out.
    •   

6. Damn i like this thread Good stuff guys, I like the logic here. Bobo, a new thread would be nice, some more thought on this on for us all. So John, I like your post about the pre-workout shake, I try to do one with skim milk usually, not sure if that's an issue though.Could add some oats I guess

7. Originally posted by YellowJacket

Protein actually breaksdown to amino acids, then converts to glucose then still has the chance to be used as fuel and if still not used, will be stored as fat. So yes bobo, you are correct, it rarely stores as fat because of all the opportunities it has to be used. But as rare as it is, its not out of the question.
    So my question is: If it rarely turns to fat, it is then what? Excreted via urine.....protein is a dark, substance in the body, would it not make your urine dark? Yep.
    I think a good plan would be to take in 50-60grams of protein with 2grams Ginger Root and about 300mg ALA. The ginger root will help with the breakdown of the protein and the ALA should take care of any possibe excess protein that is converted to glucose by pushing it into the muscle and not fat. If you are taking in carbs with you protein, I would up the ALA.

8. Never read much of the thread so sorry if this has been said. But buy some keto stix from walmart and measure how much protein is in your urine after certain amounts of ingestion. Make sure you are comparing the same BV's of protein.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How much protein is too much at once?
    By BoxingFool01 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-04-2005, 12:13 AM
  2. m1t / pct / how much pct is too much?
    By mysticman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-09-2004, 11:27 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 11:08 AM
  4. How much spray is too much
    By AlexParty in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-20-2003, 12:13 AM
  5. How much fat is too much?
    By conversekidz in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5