I need some help

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Alright, so here is the deal. I'm 22 yrs old, 5'11, ~177 lbs. I've been lifting seriously for about 2.5 yrs. I've been cutting for the past three weeks. My diet is on tee, nearly impossible to get any better I believe (posted below). I'm taking AP and Hot Rox, lifting HST style every Mon, Wed, Fri. Doing 20-25 minutes of HIIT every tuesday, thursday morning and bodyweight exercises with light cardio every tuesday, thursday night. On the weekends I tend to swim for about 30-45 minutes each day.

I've lost a grand total of maybe 3lbs, and gotten slightly leaner but by no noticable degree. I maintain ~250g protein per day to minimize lbm loss and accelerate fat loss. I keep carbs below 120g/day. Most of the time 100g/day. And I only eat oats, brown rice, or chickpeas as my carbs after I take one AP. How is it that my body refuses to shed the excess fat?

5:30 am: 1 AP, 3 Hot Rox

6:00 am: Shake (1 light & fit yogurt, 1/4 cup skim milk, 1/4 cup frozen fruit, 4 tblspn dried egg white powder (48g protein), 1/2 cup ground oats, 1 tblspn natty pb)

7:00 am: 1 cup strong brewed Oolong or Green tea

9:15 am: 1 can tuna or 2 scoops Zero Carb Isopure WPI
1.5 cup vegetables, 3g Flax Oil/Fish Oil

12:00 pm: 1 AP, 3 Hot Rox

12:30 pm: 1 large chicken breast, 1 cup long grain brown rice, 1.5 cup veggies or 2.5 cups Chicken Salad (2/3 can breast meat chicken, 1/3 can chickpeas, 1/3 cup sweet peas)

3:30 pm: 2 scoops Zero Carb Isopure WPI, 1.5 cup veggies, 3g flax oil/fish oil

5:30 pm: 2 scoops No Xplode

5:45-7:00 pm: Workout (Either HST or Bodyweight w/ light cardio afterwards)

7:15 pm: 1 AP

7:30 pm: 1 large chicken breast, 1 cup long grain brown rice mixed with 1 large egg, 1.5 cup veggies.

10:00 pm: 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese or some low fat turkey bacon to try to prevent catabolic action overnight.

Total Calories: ~2500-2700, 250g protein

Any advice at all would be helpful. I only have two weeks left before my cruise and I'm starting to get pissed off. I know its a slow process, but I'm working my ass off and eating right. So what is it I'm doing wrong? Or does my body just refuse to lose fat?

:wtf:

sf9ersfan8

sf9ersfan8

Awards
I had the same problem bro, I was taking AP and lipo 6. about the same calories, proteins, etc. was going great for the first week then I stalled to. dropped my carbs to about 30-50 grams a day and my weight loss fired right back up.I replaced the carbs with healthy fats, not as much of course, but it definitly got me back on track. I am just saving the AP for when I bulk up I guess.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
What kinds of healthy fats did you sub with? I have flax seed oil caps, fish oil caps, I cook with Extra virgin olive oil. I have natty pb, raw unsalted peanuts, and turkey bacon.

sf9ersfan8

sf9ersfan8

Awards
almonds are a good source of healthy fats, cashews, natty PB is great. pearsonaly I wouldnt supplemnt with healthy fats when I am replacing carbs cuz I need some real food to help fill me up, but if you can replace your carb foods with fish oil caps or something and not be starving after you eat give it a shot.