Cant lose these love handles! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Cant lose these love handles!

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by SteelEntity View Post
    anyone else feel this is getting way over complicated. I think we all know spot reducing is a myth, so to get rid of love handles... lose fat.. lol

2. Board Sponsor

I think we all know spot reducing is a myth
    No it ain't.
  3. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage View Post
    No it ain't.
    spot reduction by situps is a myth yes, but sir savage is 100% right that spot reduction by topicals does work. its all about forcing lipolysis faster in specific areas will cause those areas to loose more fat proportionately than the rest of the body.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
    •   

4. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    spot reduction by situps is a myth yes, but sir savage is 100% right that spot reduction by topicals does work. its all about forcing lipolysis faster in specific areas will cause those areas to loose more fat proportionately than the rest of the body.
    How well does it work and how long does it last? From my experience and the studies that I have read, the body is genetically preset for fat distribution. Altering that distribution by using topicals or by changing hormone profiles (ie steroids) does seem feasible to me. However, call me skeptical, but I would think that once those products are discontinued, the body will eventually put itself back in balance. Meaning that at the same overall bodyfat percentage, one's love handles will return to the same size as pre-usage.

I think that one can make a convincing argument for spot reduction in a certain context. Namely the very short term. There is that Danish study on leg extensions that determined that muscle will source fat locally during exercise. However it did not examine its long term effectiveness. It is conceivable that those local fat cells will have a higher insulin sensitivity and will be the first place that fat is deposited afterwards. Obviously most people are seeking results that last longer than 30 minutes.

I am not 100% convinced that spot reduction is not achievable, I just think that one is better off sticking to an overall fat loss plan rather than looking for shortcuts that cost a lot, may not work, or if they do, are only temporary.
  5. Advanced Member

Here is my logic on the idea. If someone has lovehandles they are obviously over weight, maybe just slightly. So why would one want to just reduce their love handles when they need to shed fat everywhere. I have never seen someone with lovehandles and a well defined back at the same time. I know that for many lovehandles are the first place fat goes and the last place it comes off, but still fat has to be somewhat distributed around most of the body. No wonder these supplement companies make a killing, people always want the easy way out of a fairly simple problem. I'm not referring to you guys just alot of people in general.
  6. Senior Member

Here is my logic on the idea. If someone has lovehandles they are obviously over weight, maybe just slightly. So why would one want to just reduce their love handles when they need to shed fat everywhere. I have never seen someone with lovehandles and a well defined back at the same time. I know that for many lovehandles are the first place fat goes and the last place it comes off, but still fat has to be somewhat distributed around most of the body. No wonder these supplement companies make a killing, people always want the easy way out of a fairly simple problem. I'm not referring to you guys just alot of people in general.
    That's pretty much the case.... A little wax on... wax off.. wax on... wax off... until you burn them suckers off.
  7. New Member

Diet is the key. Post up your diet. I know you said it is clean, but there may be improvements that can help you with your progress.
  8. Advanced Member

...people always want the easy way out of a fairly simple problem...
    Damn people!

Similar Forum Threads

1. will daa and reduce xt help lose love handles?
    By raal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-03-2014, 09:56 PM
  2. A flubbers quest to lose love handles
    By ashe555 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 10:14 AM
  3. "love handle" area difficulty losing
    By s.norman in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 09-28-2006, 08:54 AM
  4. will i ever lose my ab/love handles fat?
    By spitboy2000 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 08:39 AM
  5. What is my problem!? I cant lose fat!
    By IanHummel in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 08:50 PM