Cant lose these love handles!

Bigbucksss

Bigbucksss

Awards
my diet is very clean and i do alot of cardio. i am not new to any of this just wondering if anybody has any ideas or techniques to get rid of these discusting things. i know love handles are the last place on your body where fat burns but im not really looking to go for lipo. thank you.

fibercarbon

fibercarbon

Banned
Awards
try Ephedrine with caffeine it removed mine in no time

TT6sp

Awards
Hi,

I had this to an extent, despite dieting down to fairly low BF (10-12%).

Mine are much improved now due to a couple of excercises:

1. Holding a dumbell in your hand down one side. Move it upwards and downwards, using the muscles in that area.

2. Barbell behind head, wide grip. Standing up and twisting to eirther side. Control by tensing stomach. Works abs too.

Anyone think of more?

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
The first place it goes is usually the last place it leaves. With time and consistent effort, results will come.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
Yeah love handles are such a ***** to get rid of. I need to get to a very low bf% before my love handles start to melt away. Huge pain in the ass.

Bigbucksss

Bigbucksss

Awards
anybody ever try topicals? i heard they are bullshhit

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
yeah, these are a PITA. I get them easy along with the upper side peck/armpit area. it sucks, but i can lose it easliy.

I would suggest doing angled side crunches (add 10lb weight after a little) and leg lift crunches, along with a good sprint cardio session (10-15 mins reg speed, 10-15 mins blitz speed). do this 3-4x week or after your reg workout. do this on a close to empty stomach so your body will feed on teh fat. It may hinder your weight workout, but it will help this goal.

Also you can give ax's stim-x a try pre wo. Great stuff, and it has helped me and my lifting buddy lose fat. stimx 2.0 is supposed to be out now, which is even better.

Bigbucksss

Bigbucksss

Awards
Also you can give ax's stim-x a try pre wo. Great stuff, and it has helped me and my lifting buddy lose fat. stimx 2.0 is supposed to be out now, which is even better.
what the heck is ax's stim-x?

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
Anabolic Xtreme Stimulant X.

well, its only the best stimulant/energy supp out there right now. :study:

Look it up....its a caffeine/green tea, etc mix. Great stuff. GREAT energy, good fat loss, appetite suppression, good cost.

I don't respond well to stims at all, but this has worked for me. weither its a long day at the office with little sleep or a 2hr bball session after wo, its been great.

just watch taking it too close to bedtime, it will keep you up. lol

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
The first place it goes is usually the last place it leaves. With time and consistent effort, results will come.
:goodpost:

Yohimbine may help with this, as it is an alpha-receptor antagonist, and the love-handles have a high concentration of those. Some people cannot deal with the stim effect of systemic Yohimbine (when taken orally), and it's not always friendly to blood pressure.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with Mass on this one. I have yohimbnine with some caffeine has worked well for me in the past. I was taking it b/c I'm a stim junkie at times and the fatloss was a bonus.

Bigbucksss

Bigbucksss

Awards
Anabolic Xtreme Stimulant X.

well, its only the best stimulant/energy supp out there right now.
SAYS WHO?

im already running clen/t3 and cleaned up my diet alot. i doubt a $30 bottle of caffiene and green tea is gonna help. any sites online still selling ephedra?

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
SAYS WHO?

im already running clen/t3 and cleaned up my diet alot. i doubt a $30 bottle of caffiene and green tea is gonna help. any sites online still selling ephedra?
Well, most that have tried it and had good experience with it (like me) and of course the stim junkies out there (as someone already admitted ;) ). Obviously, its much more than just those two and it isnt just a "fat burner".

anyways, you asked for suggestions, i gave you some. try it, dont try it, i dont care...

from what ive seen, only a couple of sites actually still sell eph type stuff....

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
with caffeine I always cycle my wife on and off it. she had built up a huge tolerance with so much coffee. 200mg would not do anything for her. while 100mg turns me into cornholio.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
You guys ever seen those belts that wrap around your waste and vibrate hahaha what a rip off.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
How is your fiber intake?

I'm gathering that you are more on the endo side of the scale, and fiber is very important for regulating blood sugar and glycogen stores.

Are you getting the bodybuilding recommended dose, note that doesn't mean the average person dose, that means the BB'er dose :D

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Could you elaborate on that some please...or send me a PM?

I noticed that when my diet is higher in fiber that I tend to cut up some, but wasn't sure why (I always speculated it was water weight).

Thanks in advance.

Variocam

Variocam

Awards
Well, most that have tried it and had good experience with it (like me) and of course the stim junkies out there (as someone already admitted ;) ). Obviously, its much more than just those two and it isnt just a "fat burner".

anyways, you asked for suggestions, i gave you some. try it, dont try it, i dont care...

from what ive seen, only a couple of sites actually still sell eph type stuff....
Bronkaid is ephedrine, it works well, but it has a decongestant stuff in it that makes breathing kind of weird, lots of phlegm.

You can get it at a pharmacy.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
anybody ever try topicals? i heard they are bullshhit
You dont get lipo for love handles anymore unless there big. Incase your interested there is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure, called lipodissolve, where they inject the fat with phosphatidylcholine, its not cheap but it works.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You dont get lipo for love handles anymore unless there big. Incase your interested there is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure, called lipodissolve, where they inject the fat with phosphatidylcholine, its not cheap but it works.
Hmm thats interesting, when you say "not cheap" what do you mean? Even just vaguely, $500 $1000 $3000 ?

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Bronkaid is ephedrine, it works well, but it has a decongestant stuff in it that makes breathing kind of weird, lots of phlegm.

You can get it at a pharmacy.
I am taking Bronkaid as I write this with coffee for my caffeine portion of the stack. Unbelievable, I wake up every day and look at the changes that occured "overnight". I only take it once in the morning. I can now see the lower portion of my lats appearing. I am also taking T Force 3 x a day. Go check out my log.

ECA with or without A is by far the best fat burner I have ever used. It's cheap and it works.

Oh, and thanks for displaying Selena and all of her spice.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Could you elaborate on that some please...or send me a PM?

I noticed that when my diet is higher in fiber that I tend to cut up some, but wasn't sure why (I always speculated it was water weight).

Thanks in advance.

More fiber can actually lower your ingested calories. It will also help with keeping you full. For instance you can eat brocolli with cheese on it and the extra fiber will help absorb some of the fat and flush it out, in other words it won't be digested and just pass through your body. I have read extensively about this. This may not be exactly how it works because I am going from memory, but I do have a book that is backed up with facts. I could go get the book and look this up and quote it, but I am way to lazy!.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As mentioned above, I feel that I tend to lean up some when supplementing fiber and also use it to help feel more full when trying to avoid munching. What you're saying sounds reasonable to me.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thai boxing does wonders for the entire core area. Adding HIIT cardio would also be a good idea.

Variocam

Variocam

Awards
I am taking Bronkaid as I write this with coffee for my caffeine portion of the stack. Unbelievable, I wake up every day and look at the changes that occured "overnight". I only take it once in the morning. I can now see the lower portion of my lats appearing. I am also taking T Force 3 x a day. Go check out my log.

ECA with or without A is by far the best fat burner I have ever used. It's cheap and it works.

Oh, and thanks for displaying Selena and all of her spice.
I never got jitters or anything from it, I take 200mg nodoz with it. Only sides that I have from it is I'm leaning out, I lose a lot of water, and gain some alertness. When I do cardio on it, I have to be careful and watch my heart rate so I don't go over 180 which I feel excessive.

Im running out of it. :(
Im taking it while im taking pheravol, so its interesting to say the least.
I guess I should pick up some more...

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
One thing that has drastically aided in fat-loss, especially when getting lower in BF% (<12%) is fasted cardio first thing in the morning. Genetically, my body loves to hold a certain amount of fat (is this the *set point* term I've seen thrown around?). But, magically, it melts off when I'm diligent w/ early morning cardio.

I've been doing this 3x per week (walk/run combo through my city park). I've been taking Xtend (1.5 serv.) and Methyl Ripped before running. I've VERY pleased w/ the results.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Lipoderm-Ultra or Lipoderm-Y + Raspberry Ketones or Capsaicin.

Burn them som'b*tches off.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lipoderm-Ultra or Lipoderm-Y + Raspberry Ketones or Capsaicin.

Burn them som'b*tches off.
I want to try the cap, but I am afraid that it will rub in my training partners eyes. I can only imagine how painful that must be...

SatireWolf

SatireWolf

Awards
  • Established
Granted you can't 'spot reduce' anything, but you can build some muscle. Last time I had problems with love handles, I built some mean love handle muscles and the fat seemed to dissappear as my handles firmed up. Not that really working that muscle had much to do with it, but as I built muscle there I felt MUCH less self-conscious about it. I'm sure that if you work that area quite a bit you might find the same effect.

My favorite exercise for love handles is that twisty machine where you kneel in a platform and set your weight for twisting then grab onto this chest grip thingie. I have NO idea what it's called, but it always worked my love handles to the point of severe recovery pain.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Granted you can't 'spot reduce' anything, but you can build some muscle. Last time I had problems with love handles, I built some mean love handle muscles and the fat seemed to dissappear as my handles firmed up. Not that really working that muscle had much to do with it, but as I built muscle there I felt MUCH less self-conscious about it. I'm sure that if you work that area quite a bit you might find the same effect.

My favorite exercise for love handles is that twisty machine where you kneel in a platform and set your weight for twisting then grab onto this chest grip thingie. I have NO idea what it's called, but it always worked my love handles to the point of severe recovery pain.
It is basically a trunk rotation machine. I do those on a Free-motion machine and change the angle to hit the core differently.

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
lipo dissolve didnt work for me or anyone i know. here in chicago a famous plastic surgeon advertises this like crazy and i know about 6 strippers that tried it also with no results except major bruising that goes away

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
^well, that being said, i know lipo6 works. My wife lost 10lbs last year from this alone with a good diet and not much excersize at all. I think it is worth a shot if the typical diet/excersize/below matience cals doesnt help.

GaryPrezski

Awards
tell them bye

reverse crunches are the best way to get rid of love handles. Once you can do like 4 sets of 20 put weights on your legs and do them to the each side too it will just blast your love handles.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
anyone else feel this is getting way over complicated. I think we all know spot reducing is a myth, so to get rid of love handles... lose fat.. lol

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No it ain't.
spot reduction by situps is a myth yes, but sir savage is 100% right that spot reduction by topicals does work. its all about forcing lipolysis faster in specific areas will cause those areas to loose more fat proportionately than the rest of the body.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
spot reduction by situps is a myth yes, but sir savage is 100% right that spot reduction by topicals does work. its all about forcing lipolysis faster in specific areas will cause those areas to loose more fat proportionately than the rest of the body.
How well does it work and how long does it last? From my experience and the studies that I have read, the body is genetically preset for fat distribution. Altering that distribution by using topicals or by changing hormone profiles (ie steroids) does seem feasible to me. However, call me skeptical, but I would think that once those products are discontinued, the body will eventually put itself back in balance. Meaning that at the same overall bodyfat percentage, one's love handles will return to the same size as pre-usage.

I think that one can make a convincing argument for spot reduction in a certain context. Namely the very short term. There is that Danish study on leg extensions that determined that muscle will source fat locally during exercise. However it did not examine its long term effectiveness. It is conceivable that those local fat cells will have a higher insulin sensitivity and will be the first place that fat is deposited afterwards. Obviously most people are seeking results that last longer than 30 minutes.

I am not 100% convinced that spot reduction is not achievable, I just think that one is better off sticking to an overall fat loss plan rather than looking for shortcuts that cost a lot, may not work, or if they do, are only temporary.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
Here is my logic on the idea. If someone has lovehandles they are obviously over weight, maybe just slightly. So why would one want to just reduce their love handles when they need to shed fat everywhere. I have never seen someone with lovehandles and a well defined back at the same time. I know that for many lovehandles are the first place fat goes and the last place it comes off, but still fat has to be somewhat distributed around most of the body. No wonder these supplement companies make a killing, people always want the easy way out of a fairly simple problem. I'm not referring to you guys just alot of people in general.

SatireWolf

SatireWolf

Awards
  • Established
Here is my logic on the idea. If someone has lovehandles they are obviously over weight, maybe just slightly. So why would one want to just reduce their love handles when they need to shed fat everywhere. I have never seen someone with lovehandles and a well defined back at the same time. I know that for many lovehandles are the first place fat goes and the last place it comes off, but still fat has to be somewhat distributed around most of the body. No wonder these supplement companies make a killing, people always want the easy way out of a fairly simple problem. I'm not referring to you guys just alot of people in general.
That's pretty much the case.... A little wax on... wax off.. wax on... wax off... until you burn them suckers off.

IainDaniel

Awards
Diet is the key. Post up your diet. I know you said it is clean, but there may be improvements that can help you with your progress.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutrition / Health 19
Weight Loss 64
Weight Loss 44
machine528 Weight Loss 3
Weight Loss 26