I have to take my shirt off this weekend

spike88

Awards
So, I'm going to Texas this weekend and I'm going to have to take my shirt off. I am not where I wanted to be by this time of year, but I am not that bad either, about 12% bf. Is there anything I can doin the next few days to maximize what I've got. maybe firm up just a little more.

GI2EG

GI2EG

Awards
Note your 12 rep max for front squats, chinups, push presses, and romanian deadlifts. Do this 3-4 times with 15 seconds rest in between exercises:

9 front squats
9 chin ups
9 RDLs
9 push presses
(repeat)

Do this on relatively low glycogen stores (don't eat a lot of carbs beforehand). Don't eat for an hour afterwards (unless you feel like you're going to pass out). Try not to throw up on anyone during your workout, and be well hydrated.

Good luck.

Also, stick with lower carbs and sodium through to the weekend.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
eliminate sodium from your diet, restrict your water intake, and possibly add a mild diuretic. not the healthiest approach as this can play havoc on your kidneys and mess up your electrolyte balance but it will make you appear sharper and leaner than normal. if you do something like this, make sure it is short term (2-4 days).

sigh, i always look for a reason to take my shirt off but i never find one:sad: gotta impress the ladies:chick: i find that many girls are shallow and i do significantly better with them when im dieted down.

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
eliminate sodium from your diet, restrict your water intake, and possibly add a mild diuretic. not the healthiest approach as this can play havoc on your kidneys and mess up your electrolyte balance but it will make you appear sharper and leaner than normal. if you do something like this, make sure it is short term (2-4 days).

sigh, i always look for a reason to take my shirt off but i never find one:sad: gotta impress the ladies:chick: i find that many girls are shallow and i do significantly better with them when im dieted down.
Maybe you do better when your dieted down because you're more confident? And it's this confidence that women are attracted to, not just a shallow appeal to physical appearance.
Sorry, but I feel obligated to defend the ladies.

So I guess what I'm saying is if you must take your shirt off, don't worry what other people see or think. I mean, still follow a plan to reach a goal for your physique, but it's also important to just learn to be secure with yourself. Maybe just practice by taking your shirt off for no reason and walking around outside until you're comfortable.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
So, I'm going to Texas this weekend and I'm going to have to take my shirt off. I am not where I wanted to be by this time of year, but I am not that bad either, about 12% bf. Is there anything I can doin the next few days to maximize what I've got. maybe firm up just a little more.
Wow, I take my shirt off every night before bed... that thing must stink.

Carb up and restrict sodium. That's all you can really do in a couple days, but it will make a big difference.

Seriously, don't worry about it. They like 'em big in Texas anyway, and at 12% you are probably leaner than the vast majority out there. As long as you don't have b!tch tits and a hairy back, most girls don't care.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Maybe you do better when your dieted down because you're more confident? And it's this confidence that women are attracted to, not just a shallow appeal to physical appearance.

So I guess what I'm saying is if you must take your shirt off, don't worry what other people see or think. I mean, still follow a plan to reach a goal for your physique, but it's also important to just learn to be secure with yourself. Maybe just practice by taking your shirt off for no reason and walking around outside until you're comfortable.
yeah, youre probably right in that it is a confidence issue. however, i admit to my previous experiences giving me a bad repuatation. i used to kinda be a slut in my earlier college days and would treat women badly. the city where i live spreads this kind of word fast, and i still get comments for girls that i take out about my history. but when i am extremely lean, they seem to disregard this more than usual.

my behavior has changed since then, i treat girls much better. i dont know why, but many girls i know prefer to date a-holes and dickheads.

sweet-physique

sweet-physique

Awards
  • Established
like has been said restrict sodium now and water 24 hours out.
you could try a 48-72 hours high lean protein carb free diet and the morning you have to strip carb load quality carbs.

the time is short so this may not do much.

My best advise is shave and tan.
Tanned fat looks leaner than pale fat.
tanned muscle looks better than pale muscle.

good luck!

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
what about doing lots of cardio.i have the same thing but i have two weeks before i go on vac so a little more time but not much two weeks is not much time to see results so my questions is should i do just lots of cardio and no weights for two week or weights already pretty muscular just caring good amount of bf.what would make me look the best for the beach in only two weeks opinions please.

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
come on guys some help here i need to look good in two weeks for the beach.lets do a poll or somthing whats the best thing lots of cardio,heavy weights,light weights and cardio.or just lots of cardio and no weights.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
come on guys some help here i need to look good in two weeks for the beach.lets do a poll or somthing whats the best thing lots of cardio,heavy weights,light weights and cardio.or just lots of cardio and no weights.
dude, not much can be done in 2 weeks. there are things we suggested in this thread that may make you appear leaner but losing good amounts of bodyfat is a long process and not something that can be accomplished in 2 weeks.

and if you did lose significants amounts of bodyfat in 2 weeks, it was likely very detrimental to your muscle mass as well. that being said, if you wanna crash diet for 2 weeks, go for it. i doubt anyone will recommend it for the above reason.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
dude just take your shirt off no matter where you are at. If its girls you are trying to impress your attitude and personality has way more impact than being at 9%bf as opposed to 12.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
dude just take your shirt off no matter where you are at. If its girls you are trying to impress your attitude and personality has way more impact than being at 9%bf as opposed to 12.
i tend to disagree somewhat. yes, looking at the bigger picture, attitude and personality will be the dominant traits for attraction. but the first level of interest for almost everybody is physical attraction. after this is achieved, then the other two play a much more important role and looks mean less.

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i know that you can't losse lots of body fat in two weeks i said that in my post but was just going to see waht everbody else does when it gets close to what you have been working for is close going to the beach,a show,class reuion etc.i work out year arround for the last 15 years i am saying what would be best to look your best for somthing coming up in two weeks or so lots of cardio only,lots of weights only .i have been cutting for about two or three months and am looking good but would like to al ways find ways tolook beter thinking about just doing lots of cardio for the two weeks no weights but am afraid of loosing muscle what do you guys think i am taking retain2 it is kepping my muscle hard.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
i tend to disagree somewhat. yes, looking at the bigger picture, attitude and personality will be the dominant traits for attraction. but the first level of interest for almost everybody is physical attraction. after this is achieved, then the other two play a much more important role and looks mean less.
oh i agree with you totally. physical attraction is the first thing that makes you want to bang... i mean talk to the person. my point was 12% bf is not bad and he shouldn't worry about not being lower if he can't get there in time.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
for quick 2 day loss, what does everyone think about taking an AI and a NO product. the AI would reduce the water weight temporarily and the NO would give you a veiny look. 12% is lower than most. I would concentrate on cardio if looking lean is more important than looking big.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Absolutely right. Ladies are attracted to the confidence, then the body behind that confidence..

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Again, absolutely correct..12% isn't going to turn off chicks, 20% sure, but not 12%. You'll be fine man, don't worry about it...