female weight loss - supplements?

xjaydeex

Awards
Hi everyone!

I've been browsing through threads and other website highlighting the pros and cons of diet pills such as trimspa and slim seduction. I'm glad I stumbled upon these threads and I figure I can get honest, educated advice.

I am 22, 5'6" 121 - good shape, good diet, work out (running, weight training, fitness classes) (I have skipped the past 3 weeks though - starting tomorrow - vacation killed me)

(mainly looking to trim / cut up the midsection like all women, of course)

I would like to add a supplement or something to my diet to speed up the process. I don't intend for miracles, just an extra boost. I don't know whether to go with the TrimSpa / diet pill stuff (things I swore I would never turn to) or maybe try a something recommended on this site.

I saw a few things on lipoderm, melting point, ephedra, hoodia but honestly the terminology is confusing the hell out of me! I dont want anything that is going to be taken any other way besides pill or liquid form and I do not want something that is going to screw me up or make me gain a ton of weight when I'm finished.

I'm truly a newbie in this department and I am a nervous wreck at the same time, any input would be appreciated!

Thank you for any help you can give me!

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
FnF should be able to hop in give you the lowdown. Shes pretty much the female supplement guru, IMO.

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
HI and welcome to the board!

Ill give you the same advise im applying to my wify :)

1) Nutrition:
Find out your metabolic type(mercola.com has a quick test)
protein, carb or mixed type.
* Then construct a diet based on the above. make sure you eat small meals every 3 to 5 hours. keeps your metabolism up.
* cut down to a minimum on soy,sugar, artificial sweetners, high fructose corn syryp containing products. grains etc. this will help stabilise you blood sugar, cut down on cravings etc.

2) Training:
* increase your weights program, sweat it out :) and dont be afraid to try and increase weights every once in a while.
* cardio is advise to be done once or twice a week only. do interval training, as in alternate between high intensity and low intensity in one excercise.

3) Supplements:
If your diet is in check and you are on a ~500 or so cal restriction(depending on your weight ofcourse) then proceed to order whatever you are interested in from the below:

A) sesathin : a great addition to any program, basically this oil will burn up the free fatty acids in your blood.
b) stimulants : (stim-x, ephedrin/ephedra products, alri hyperdrive...etc) use sparingly, only when in need of energy and maybe 1 pill in the morning to get the metabolism jacked up)
c) avant lipoderm ultra : works great for women. topical fat loss cream. you NEED to be in check with your cals, works great with sesathin.
d) Fish Oil : essential source of good fat. the NOW super EPA brand is pretty good value. 3 to 5 pills daily.

e) the following would make a great addition buit they are optional:
1) USPlabs anabolic pumps : lets you get away with more carbs in your diet. excellent addition if you are a carb type.
2) DCP : great new fatburner, gets you to eat more and loss more ;-) but its out of stock atm.
3) a good multi vitamine. stay away from iron and soy isoflavones containing ones.
4) A good Hoodia supplemnt : if you are prone to cravings this will help with appetite suppresion especially at night. though remember to eat because tis powerfull.

every 4 or 5 days, you can have a nice mini-carb-up. basically you get to eat a BIT more and enjoy your foods.

notice though, that during the above, your weight will PROBABLY stay the same(as you loose fat and gain muscle) so dont be discouraged as you will look and feel better every passing day.

hopes this helps ;-)

Last edited:

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
:clap2:

great post. i'm printing that one out for ma-dukes...

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
my wife and i for that mater like lipo 6.just my two cents

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
my wife and i for that mater like lipo 6.just my two cents
Yeah the original ephedra lipo 6 was excellent.
not so much the ephedra free.

i might try the new one though, lipo 6X, but reviews havent been favourable.

which do you use?

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i take what i taught was the orginal but it does not have epherdra just lots of cafiene which i don't like and yohbmine but seems to work ok think i might try dcp next heard good reviews here. we have a treadmill so we take lipo 6 first think in the morning on empty stomach and do cardio.i was thinking of getting my wife the new lipo 6 so what kind of bad reviews have you heard? yea almost forgot palo alto labs has good products has a good reviews on a fat burner cant remember the name but i think they only have one fat burner pruduct sorry not much help.

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
i take what i taught was the orginal but it does not have epherdra just lots of cafiene which i don't like and yohbmine but seems to work ok think i might try dcp next heard good reviews here. we have a treadmill so we take lipo 6 first think in the morning on empty stomach and do cardio.i was thinking of getting my wife the new lipo 6 so what kind of bad reviews have you heard? yea almost forgot palo alto labs has good products has a good reviews on a fat burner cant remember the name but i think they only have one fat burner pruduct sorry not much help.

DCP is AMAZING. go for it, combine it with fatburner in the morning(but no sesathin with it same time)

lipo 6X reviews are on bodybuilding.com

only tried leviathan from paolo but sample was too small. but a solid line up it seems :)

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Hey, I don't think you need to lose any weight, but I can definitely relate with you. You could definitely give the DCP a go. It has little to no side effects and doesn't contain any stimulants so you can take it later during the day, and it is potent enough to burn fat, promote lean muscle gains as well as help with endurance in your workouts. A lot of people have noticed appetite suppression using it as well.

I'm also using red acid right now, just started but appetite seems to be down. Some healthy fats like fish oil and sesamin would be beneficial too, good luck! :)

xjaydeex

Awards
DCP is AMAZING. go for it, combine it with fatburner in the morning(but no sesathin with it same time)
Thank you for all of your input so far!! I'm still looking into a few other supplements listed, but as of right now I looked at DCP a lot today and it seems like what I'm aiming for.

the fatburner is sesathin/sesamin correct? Do I take it with DCP or no?

Will I be okay with just keeping my diet in check, working out and taking DCP? I saw someone in their blog took a break after a month or so - what is typical length of usage and are breaks necessary? Never did this before, and I know I don't have to take it forever I just dont want to over do it either.

THANK YOU ALL!!! :)

xjaydeex

Awards
sesathin : a great addition to any program, basically this oil will burn up the free fatty acids in your blood.
b) stimulants : (stim-x, ephedrin/ephedra products, alri hyperdrive...etc) use sparingly, only when in need of energy and maybe 1 pill in the morning to get the metabolism jacked up)
c) avant lipoderm ultra : works great for women. topical fat loss cream. you NEED to be in check with your cals, works great with sesathin.
d) Fish Oil : essential source of good fat. the NOW super EPA brand is pretty good value. 3 to 5 pills daily.

e) the following would make a great addition buit they are optional:
1) USPlabs anabolic pumps : lets you get away with more carbs in your diet. excellent addition if you are a carb type.
2) DCP : great new fatburner, gets you to eat more and loss more ;-) but its out of stock atm.
3) a good multi vitamine. stay away from iron and soy isoflavones containing ones.
4) A good Hoodia supplemnt : if you are prone to cravings this will help with appetite suppresion especially at night. though remember to eat because tis powerfull.

every 4 or 5 days, you can have a nice mini-carb-up. basically you get to eat a BIT more and enjoy your foods.

notice though, that during the above, your weight will PROBABLY stay the same(as you loose fat and gain muscle) so dont be discouraged as you will look and feel better every passing day.

hopes this helps ;-)
NOW THAT IM RE-READING THESE... can I use the DCP, sesathin, avant lipoderm ultra and fish oil together? Of course, I'll take a multi-v but I like what I have read about DCP and avant lipoderm ultra -

Last edited:
djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
NOW THAT IM RE-READING THESE... can I use the DCP, sesathin, avant lipoderm ultra and fish oil together? Of course, I'll take a multi-v but I like what I have read about DCP and avant lipoderm ultra -
sure, but take sesathin and fish oil AWAY from dcp.

i.e. maybe dose dcp empty stomach in the morning, have your fish oil and sesathin lunch time, and another dose dcp afternoon(pref pre workout).

also i can advise EITHER 1 dose sesathin OR 1 pill DCP before bedtime. very effective

as for fatburner, we meant here something stimulation that gives you energy and revs up your metabolism.
my wife tried and liked the following:
adipokinetix
Syntrax Fyre
old ephedra ECA stacks
San blaze extreme or tight hardcore(bit more energy)
:afro:

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
ok heres a quickie intro to metabolic typing.
its a video and they are selling a weight loss thing.

i cannot comment on the product yet as i havent tried it, but the advise on nutrition given is very sound.

check it out

MEtabolic typing vid

xjaydeex

Awards
DCP - no where to be found, anyone have a hook up or something lol

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
DCP - no where to be found, anyone have a hook up or something lol

naaah out of stock for a few weeks i guess?

thats why i suggested

stim based:
san's blaze extreme or tight hardcore(stronger)
no stim:
sesathin and fish oil. either seperate or get axis labs combo product

ideally, id get both :afro:

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm about your weight and use the fatburners for the same thing. I'm on DCP and the sesathin with a green tea cap a day. I take them all together with no side effects.

I also use the Lipoderm Ultra on my abs for localized control. Its a transdermal liquid that you rub on over the areas that you want to reduce.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
I'm about your weight and use the fatburners for the same thing. I'm on DCP and the sesathin with a green tea cap a day. I take them all together with no side effects.

I also use the Lipoderm Ultra on my abs for localized control. Its a transdermal liquid that you rub on over the areas that you want to reduce.

Let me know if you need anymore help.
try not to take DCP and sesathing at the same time because you will get less effect from the DCP.

i found the best dosing to be
morning DCP
lunch sesathin
afternoon(preworkout) DCP
before bed sesathin

xjaydeex

Awards
naaah out of stock for a few weeks i guess?

thats why i suggested

stim based:
san's blaze extreme or tight hardcore(stronger)
no stim:
sesathin and fish oil. either seperate or get axis labs combo product

ideally, id get both :afro:
okay so since DCP is out right now this is what i'm thinking - for now I will probably take san's blaze extreme (so far not as much info on TH, but i just started looking) and you're saying take both , meaning both the san's blaze and sesathin and fish oil?

i'm thinking of doing blaze extreme, sesathin (at a later point of the day, thanks for that advice) and fish oil with the lipoderm ultra.

when DCP comes out , maybe i'll use that too but we can talk about that then ha ha .

on top of all that, i drink a ton of green tea, i just love it so I'm guessing that the caps aren't necessary. im a fan of oolong too . you guys rock! thanks!!

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just wanna make sure that you realize, as crader mentioned, that Lipoderm-Ultra is a transdermal product, not something you take orally.

xjaydeex

Awards
I just wanna make sure that you realize, as crader mentioned, that Lipoderm-Ultra is a transdermal product, not something you take orally.
yes, i realize that, thank you! As long as its not overdoing it, i would like to try it, it has gotten great reviews as well.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good deal, just checking!:)

From the reviews I've read as well, I'm sure you'll like it!

xjaydeex

Awards
so i got my order today (damn nutraplanet is fast!) and i ordered lipoderm ultra, san blaze extreme and sesamax (sesamin and fish oil combined), i just have a few inquiries..

-lipoderm ultra, 4 pumps per area (just in case i decide to use it on my thighs also)

-sesamax - should i start with one pill 3 times daily (it gives the option of 2 pills three times daily for extra benefit) i was figuring i should see and then up the dosage if im feeling okay.

-if i get dcp when it is restocked, can i stack it with the san blaze extreme and all of the above or no?

sorry so many questions, but i figure that you all know better than i do :) thankss again!!

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
-lipoderm ultra, 4 pumps per area (just in case i decide to use it on my thighs also)

-sesamax - should i start with one pill 3 times daily (it gives the option of 2 pills three times daily for extra benefit) i was figuring i should see and then up the dosage if im feeling okay.

-if i get dcp when it is restocked, can i stack it with the san blaze extreme and all of the above or no?

sorry so many questions, but i figure that you all know better than i do :) thankss again!!
Lipo : just apply to cover, wet and dry without problems. amount varies per area

sesamax : your plan is perfect

dcp : ok to stack with blaze, but dose it 3 or 4 hours away from sesamax
or take dcp morning, sesamax lunch, sesamax afternoon/dinner and lastly dcp before bed

reason being that dcp will oxidise the fish oil you ingest, bit of a waste of both

xjaydeex

Awards
Lipo : just apply to cover, wet and dry without problems. amount varies per area

sesamax : your plan is perfect

dcp : ok to stack with blaze, but dose it 3 or 4 hours away from sesamax
or take dcp morning, sesamax lunch, sesamax afternoon/dinner and lastly dcp before bed

reason being that dcp will oxidise the fish oil you ingest, bit of a waste of both

i replied to this a few days ago, no idea where it went so I will try to redo!

I'm starting tomorrow, or Wednesday, depending on my confidence ( i get nervous lol). My intended plan is
blaze morning (early like 730/8)
sesamax 3 hours later (1030/11)
blaze, 6 hours after original dosage (2pm)
sesamax 6 pm
sesamax before bed (around 12)

Lipoderm being used alongside this, and of course I will be working out, but thats usually at 730/8 pm or so.

Hopefully I've got it right :) and im hopeful i wont need an energy booster or such alongside Blaze

thanksss

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
i replied to this a few days ago, no idea where it went so I will try to redo!

I'm starting tomorrow, or Wednesday, depending on my confidence ( i get nervous lol). My intended plan is
blaze morning (early like 730/8)
sesamax 3 hours later (1030/11)
blaze, 6 hours after original dosage (2pm)
sesamax 6 pm
sesamax before bed (around 12)

Lipoderm being used alongside this, and of course I will be working out, but thats usually at 730/8 pm or so.

Hopefully I've got it right :) and im hopeful i wont need an energy booster or such alongside Blaze

thanksss

good luck, and im sure you will enjoy this, especially the results :)

one last thing, for the blaze extreme, if you are not used to stimulants, especially in morning empty stomach, maybe start off with 2 pills and then increased to recommended 3.

post updates if you have them!

xjaydeex

Awards
remix, you are amazing, thank you soooo much!!! you have helped me more than you know!! i will definitely keep updates :)

xjaydeex

Awards
First day down, not bad I guess. I feel pretty decent except I am getting cramps which affected my workout, especially stomach (which is where I'm using Lipoderm). My calves hurt prior to even using the treadmill and feel tight I guess. Here was my day, most will probably be like this - like I was advised earlier, I will try to keep my cardio limited and work harder on weights..

730 Blaze
800 -2 egg whites, 1 egg, 1/2 cup blueberries, green tea
(waited to eat because it said to take on an empty stom. lol
11:00 - Sesamax (with instant oatmeal)
2:00 - Blaze
3:00- 2 or 3 cups of organic salad, a tbsp of vinagrette, grilled chicken (lightly breaded)
5:00 - Sesamax (with 1/2 cup of organic flax seed granola cereal with pumpkin seed - amazing, everyone should try it!)
6:30 - 3/4 pieces of honey roasted turkey coldcut and 2 cups of steamed broccoli
9 workout
130 am - sesamax

tons of water all day, over a gallon, i always drink water and now my throat's dry so I want more ha ha and about 3 cups of green tea (as usual)

cramps gone, pretty bearable, just worrisome b/c obviously I'm quite analytical haha.

have a great day everyoneee

Last edited:
wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
are the cramps from pms or working out? if its from working out cramps are caused by a lack of oxygen. make sure you are breathing deep. if its from pms, take zinc, calcium and vit E. take the calcium in the morning and zinc at night. avoid caffiene, alcohol and smoking.

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
good to hear, how are you liking the blaze? good energy?
any perceivable crash after? or smoothy?

xjaydeex

Awards
the cramps were not pms related and they are gone, i dont know what that was about. my body seems to be handling all the supplements well thank god, otherwise i would be freaking out. i m using 3 blaze twice a day and up to 5 pumps of ultra twice daily. i havent increased my dosage of sesamax, still one pill twice a day. no noticeable increase in energy or anything. i feel completely normal. originally i was having major trouble doing crunches, my stomach muscles felt very tight, namely on the sides/obliques. Seems to be okay right now. This is day 5 so I'm going to eat a little extra today.

xjaydeex

Awards
is it okay to drink while taking these supplements? what about tan?

lazerss9

Awards
i know u just started, but i was wondering if u noticed any changes yet? also, with ur experience thus far, would u recommend it to other women? im trying to find out info for my gf.