Ephedrine Sulfate vs. Ephedrine HCL

lDaChOsEnOnEl

Awards
Im about to start and ECA stack within the next week I was originaly going to buy vasopro for the ephedrine hcl but I was in the drug store the other day(walgrens) and I seen a product called bronkaid its has the same two main ingredients as vasopro except it contains Ephedrine Sulfate and not Ephedrine HCL so what is the difference? Is there a difference?

deuce747

deuce747

Awards
I have been told that the sulfate version delivers 1/3 the ephedrine to your system. I know how because it used some in depth bio/chem. However i know a lot of people, including myself, who use bronkaid and it works fine 3-4 pills a day and drink water.

lDaChOsEnOnEl

Awards
So if I was taking 1 pill of Vasopro for 25mg of HCL how many pills of bronkaid (ephedrine sulfate) would I have to take to get same effect?

deuce747

deuce747

Awards
From what i have been told and from my experiance i would not exceed 4 pills a day on bronkaid. The sulfate version is less effective but still good enough to do the job. Ephedrine is safe just don't over do it, that is how people die.

lDaChOsEnOnEl

Awards
So do you think I should still on take 25mg of the sulfate per dose? Everyone feel free to give advice..

MystikalSoul

Awards
i also want more info on this...no more than 4 pills and when should u take them? do u spread them out trough out the day?

deuce747

deuce747

Awards
yeah i take one when i wake up, about lunch, before i go run/workout, and about 6:30 or 7. If i take it later i feel wired and cant sleep to well. I only take 1 pill 4x a day @ 25mg and it is working for me, but feel free to do anything you like.

MystikalSoul

Awards
cool thx for the info.. but which one is stronger? Ephedrine Sulfate or Ephedrine HCL

lDaChOsEnOnEl

Awards
Well since no one on here could give a solid answer I did some research and came up with this.....

Ephedrine HCl is approximately 82% ephedrine by weight.

Ephedrine sulfate is approximately 77% ephedrine by weight.

25 mg ephedrine HCl = 20.5 mg ephedrine

25 mg ephedrine sulfate = 19.25 mg ephedrine

youi09

Board Supporter
Awards
I've been purchasing Bronkaid at local pharmacies as well. There seems to be no real difference from my experience with hcl and sulfate but the sulfate seems to hit the system signficantly quicker. The moment I pop the bronkaid it hits me within seconds, if not minutes later. To some extent it might seem a bit weaker or have a shorter half life but it works just as well.

60 tabs for 12 dollars too, its cheap.

brywal312

brywal312

Awards
  • Established
I started taking Bronchaid a few days ago - It REALLY opens you up. I didnt realize it but from the immense difference i can tell - I am seriously wonderig if I did not have mild athsma i have always had alot of problems with pain in my lungs when doing heavy cardio - with Bronchaid it has totally stopped. I thought it was caused by me not being in shape. I just rode an exercise bike for 25 miles this morning!!!

eph123

Awards
purifying ephedrine

bronkaid contains Guaifenesin in addition to the ephedrine sulfate, and i hear that guaifenesin causes unwanted side effects. so i was wondering if anyone knows how to purify the ephedrine from the guaifenesin

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
bronkaid contains Guaifenesin in addition to the ephedrine sulfate, and i hear that guaifenesin causes unwanted side effects. so i was wondering if anyone knows how to purify the ephedrine from the guaifenesin
You meth head you! :twisted:
(Hey if you find out the answer let me know!)

eph123

Awards
You meth head you! :twisted:
(Hey if you find out the answer let me know!)
ha, i've never done hardcore drugs and i don't intend on making meth, waaay to dangerous. i just want to get a better workout without the headaches which is what i hear the guanifesin causes. so if anyone knows....

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FWIIW, I don't seem to get any headaches from it. I think the reason BBers don't like the guaifenesin is b/c it's said to work as a muscle relaxant and that is undesireable while lifting.

eph123

Awards
purifying ephedrine possible solution

so i found something on extracting the ephedrine, but something does not make complete sense to me:

"I've been a utilitarian user of ephedrine pills for a good while now, popping one or two over the counter pills at a dosage of about 25mg of ephedrine with 200mg of guaifisin. However, upon hearing about the negative effects of the guaifisin in higher doses, I decided to try extracting the pure ephedrine from the pills to take that instead.

I powdered and heated the pills in distilled water until they were brought to a boil, then removed from the heat and strained them through filters, added more water to the sludge and repeated the processs one more time. The resulting water that was strained off was then dried into powdered ephedrine again. I mixed up the powder in a bit of soda and drank it (god awful by the way, ephedrine is excessively bitter).

It took approximately 15 minutes or so before the effects came on, getting stronger and stronger over the next hour. It wasn't a very intense experience, but rather a very clean, energetic feeling and exceptional focus. All in all, the effects lasted possibly five or six hours, and did an excellent job of making me alert without too much of a speedy intensity to it. "

okay so what i don't get is after the water is strained off, how did he/she get the water to evaporate to get the powdered product? i know ephedrine is soluble in water, so i guess i could just drink all the water, but i do not know if guanifisen is soluble as well.
so again my question is, does anyone know how to dry off the water to get teh powdered ephedrine?

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
ha, i've never done hardcore drugs and i don't intend on making meth, waaay to dangerous. i just want to get a better workout without the headaches which is what i hear the guanifesin causes. so if anyone knows....
Yeah I hear ya. Guaisenifen (sp) is an expectorant, which makes you cough up stuff. Not fun when you're pumping out at 170-180 bpm on the cardio.

Patriot1

Awards
Im about to start and ECA stack within the next week I was originaly going to buy vasopro for the ephedrine hcl but I was in the drug store the other day(walgrens) and I seen a product called bronkaid its has the same two main ingredients as vasopro except it contains Ephedrine Sulfate and not Ephedrine HCL so what is the difference? Is there a difference?

Bronkaid didn't work for me. I have been taking Primatene for years and when I tried the Bronkaid it had no affect-- I didn't feel like I took anything. Bronkaid product might work for someone new to Ephedra but is of little value to long time HCL users.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
The "bad" muscle relaxant effects of guaifenesin have been studied in veterinary medicine. It is used as an adjunct to anesthesia in horses at an IV dose of 110mg/kg.

In humans, the drug "warnings" (I put it in quotations because it would be very difficult to overdose on guaifenesin) say not to exceed 2400mg/24 hours. 4 Bronkaid per day yields only 1600mg of guaifenesin (25mg ephedrine/400mg guai).

However, at the dose required for muscle relaxant effects in animals, personally I would require 11000mg in one IV injection.

Of course, you can't use the 110mg/kg in horses and apply it directly to humans. And you also can't evaluate the difference in GI absorption and IV injection.

Suffice it to say, I doubt the muscle relaxant concerns are warranted.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Why not buy Pseudoephedrine HCI? You can get it at any pharmacy.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
many people have been inquiring about this

yeah i take one when i wake up, about lunch, before i go run/workout, and about 6:30 or 7. If i take it later i feel wired and cant sleep to well. I only take 1 pill 4x a day @ 25mg and it is working for me, but feel free to do anything you like.
Thanks for the feedback

Well since no one on here could give a solid answer I did some research and came up with this.....

Ephedrine HCl is approximately 82% ephedrine by weight.

Ephedrine sulfate is approximately 77% ephedrine by weight.

25 mg ephedrine HCl = 20.5 mg ephedrine

25 mg ephedrine sulfate = 19.25 mg ephedrine
solid information

I've been purchasing Bronkaid at local pharmacies as well. There seems to be no real difference from my experience with hcl and sulfate but the sulfate seems to hit the system signficantly quicker. The moment I pop the bronkaid it hits me within seconds, if not minutes later. To some extent it might seem a bit weaker or have a shorter half life but it works just as well.

60 tabs for 12 dollars too, its cheap.
just a tad weaker and faster acting on paper

I started taking Bronchaid a few days ago - It REALLY opens you up. I didnt realize it but from the immense difference i can tell - I am seriously wonderig if I did not have mild athsma i have always had alot of problems with pain in my lungs when doing heavy cardio - with Bronchaid it has totally stopped. I thought it was caused by me not being in shape. I just rode an exercise bike for 25 miles this morning!!!
Good point

dont take too high of a dose with the Guaifenesin. simple as that. follow the directions and never exceed the recommended dose esp in this case because guaifenesin and ephedrine sulfate cause stones. lower end dosing with the maxium 4 per day In my honest opinion.

FWIIW, I don't seem to get any headaches from it. I think the reason BBers don't like the guaifenesin is b/c it's said to work as a muscle relaxant and that is undesireable while lifting.

Yeah I hear ya. Guaisenifen (sp) is an expectorant, which makes you cough up stuff. Not fun when you're pumping out at 170-180 bpm on the cardio.

The "bad" muscle relaxant effects of guaifenesin have been studied in veterinary medicine. It is used as an adjunct to anesthesia in horses at an IV dose of 110mg/kg.

In humans, the drug "warnings" (I put it in quotations because it would be very difficult to overdose on guaifenesin) say not to exceed 2400mg/24 hours. 4 Bronkaid per day yields only 1600mg of guaifenesin (25mg ephedrine/400mg guai).

However, at the dose required for muscle relaxant effects in animals, personally I would require 11000mg in one IV injection.

Of course, you can't use the 110mg/kg in horses and apply it directly to humans. And you also can't evaluate the difference in GI absorption and IV injection.

Suffice it to say, I doubt the muscle relaxant concerns are warranted.
nice information

:006:

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to bump this thread. Don't doubt the ephedrine sulfate (Bronkaid).

ZOOOOOOOM!

:dance:

neofrost83

neofrost83

Awards
  • Established
Wow this is a really good thread!

A little backround on me before I try both (and report results here on AM, or course):

I grew up with asthma and at some point through playing numerous sports through childhood and adolescence I sorta grew out of it. Or my body just learned how to adapt. Anyway, being in the Army causes me to go all over the world, to various climates and run run run. The problem is that over several climate changes and specifically in extreme cold the asthma symptoms come back with a force! Right before Ephedra was banned I took it regularly and loved it (never paid attention to Sulfate vs HCl)! I was extremely disappointed when it was banned...and now I know that I can easily get it again!!! Thanks!! By the way just a disclaimer that I'll post again with my results: I've taken massive amounts of stims over the years to the point that my tolerance is off the charts! Basically if either of these has an effect on me I'll definitely know it and vigorously report it to you guys!!!

:toofunny:

Drug Facts for Sudafed

Now I have take the REAL Sudafed for colds...and you have to get it from behind the pharmacy counter with proof of driver's license, address, etc. This is for tracking purposes because Pseudoephedrine is an active ingredient in Meth and Law Enforcement keeps track through the pharmacies who is buying in bulk for their meth lab. Yes...DRUG DOGS WILL ACTUALLY SIT ON SUDAFED!!! Pretty funny actually.

Nonetheless Pseudoephedrine worked great for when I had a cold...and had great stim properties, of course. Is it possible actual Ephedrine is that time 10? Yea I got it - "Pseudo" in front means its "fake ephedrine"...but wouldn't meth heads use actual Ephedrine if it were that much more effective? Just sayin....

Jabb

Awards
As an asthmatic I like the Primatene tabs better (ephedrine HCL). I have also had success with the Bronkaid. It just seems I got more out of the HCL.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Just play it safe and do 3 daily doses of (when using Bronkaid - which I use):

25 E 200 C and 81 A. That is standard. Space them out every four hours.

Guaifenesin is the expectorant that is also found in things like Mucinex. I've read you mainly just have to watch for things like kidney stones.

Which if you keep it to only 3 doses and are drinking a minimum of a gallon of water a day, you should be fine.

Also, keep your heart rate in check when doing cardio as Bronkaid will really get the heart pumping. I would say, go no higher than 150 bpm.

I also would recommend ramping up and ramping down the dosage.

Something that is highly overlooked while on ECA is cortisol control. I wouldn't take ECA without something like Endoamp Max from Primordial Performance or Lean Xtreme from Driven Sports.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For cortisol control, endoamp is the best.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
For cortisol control, endoamp is the best.
I found endoamp to be a very good product, have only used it in pct though, really helped me keep my gains and lean out some after my cycle. Cortisol control is key to losing fat, really helps once diet and workout regime are solid.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
forgive the igorant question here. But why is a cortisol supp needed when doing an ECA stack? I've never heard it recommended before

swaneon

Awards
i think thats because ec raises cortisol levels
im not sure, but thats what ive been told

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Well, I assumed that must be the case, LOL. I guess I meant does anyone have some more specific info on how/why it increaes cortisol levels, it's the first I've ever heard of it increasing cortisol levels, so now I'm curious....

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Well, I assumed that must be the case, LOL. I guess I meant does anyone have some more specific info on how/why it increaes cortisol levels, it's the first I've ever heard of it increasing cortisol levels, so now I'm curious....
Cortisol is a stress related hormone. ECA makes the body run at a higher metabolic rate and you will be working out hard on top of that. For cortisol suppression I would highly suggest Vitamin C paired with either Lean Xtreme for DS or Endoamp Max from Primordial. Both are awesome products and there is alot of research that suggests Vit C suppresses Cortisol as well.

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
Worth a read..

If you have access to academic journals.. this clears up some of the "broscience" on here about E

Effects of Ephedra on autonomic nervous modulations:
Chen WL, Tsai TH, Yang CC, Kuo TB, Clinical Pharmacology And Therapeutics [Clin Pharmacol Ther], ISSN: 1532-6535, 2010 Jul; Vol. 88 (1), pp. 39-44; PMID: 20520603

This discusses clinical reaction and toxicity of E
Woolf, Alan D.; Watson, William A.; Smolinske, Susan; Litovitz, Toby. Clinical Toxicology (15563650), Aug2005, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p347-355, 9p, 3 Charts, 1 Graph; DOI: 10.1081/CLT-200066075

Chen, Wei-Lung; Tsai, Tung-Hu; Yang, Cheryl C.H.; Kuo, Terry B.J.. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, Aug2010, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p563-568, 6p; DOI: 10.1016/j.jep.2010.05.056

And this one..
Mehendale, Sangeeta R.; Bauer, Brent A.; Chun-Su Yuan. American Journal of Chinese Medicine, 2004, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p1-10, 10

Anyone who thinks they feel a difference between HCL and Sulfate should be interested. These studies both link to a group of case studies where scientists essentially determined the difference in ephedrine HCL and Sulfate absorption/reaction in the body was .0002% after a four week run. Thats as numerically close to "zero difference" as it gets.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I figured as much. The only real difference to account for is based on the mg/mg comparison of E in a mg of EHCl vs the amount of E in a mg of ESO4, no?

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
I've been using sulfate for the past couple of years and it works great. I didn't see the sense in paying double the price when the sulfate version didn't seem to be any different. And these studies just proves that I wasn't imagining things.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been using sulfate for the past couple of years and it works great. I didn't see the sense in paying double the price when the sulfate version didn't seem to be any different. And these studies just proves that I wasn't imagining things.
I agree