Shakes an Supps - AnabolicMinds.com

Shakes an Supps

1. New Member

Shakes an Supps

Is it possible/healthy to just use Protein Shakes and Multi-Vitamins and not "real" food when cutting?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

Whole foods should be the majority of your diet, its hard to rev up the metabolism with shakes
  3. Senior Member

Personally, I have a little different look on that whole topic than most people. And this is from personal experience.

No, you can't do JUST shakes and nothing else, because your metabolism will totally shut down. BUT, I use protein shakes for ALL of my protein when I cut.

Every meal is a protein shake ALONG with a whole food, such as a salad with olive oil for the fat, or rice and baked potatoes for the carbs.

Still eat the whole foods, but I use all shakes for the protein, I still drink 6 or 7 shakes a day while cutting, ALONG with those whole foods, and it works great for me for cutting.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    Personally, I have a little different look on that whole topic than most people. And this is from personal experience.

No, you can't do JUST shakes and nothing else, because your metabolism will totally shut down. BUT, I use protein shakes for ALL of my protein when I cut.

Every meal is a protein shake ALONG with a whole food, such as a salad with olive oil for the fat, or rice and baked potatoes for the carbs.

Still eat the whole foods, but I use all shakes for the protein, I still drink 6 or 7 shakes a day while cutting, ALONG with those whole foods, and it works great for me for cutting.
    Agree to disagree.

When I was cutting for my competition, I cut shakes out completely from my diet and ate only whole food protein sources. I know, for some, all whole foods is not an option, I just feel that if you can get the whole foods in, then it's the best option. JMHO.
  5. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by rpen22 View Post
    Agree to disagree.

When I was cutting for my competition, I cut shakes out completely from my diet and ate only whole food protein sources. I know, for some, all whole foods is not an option, I just feel that if you can get the whole foods in, then it's the best option. JMHO.

Yes I agree with your rpen. You need to eat whole food that you chew!!!. Ever here of the thermic effect?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 06:56 PM
  2. Pre work out supps/shakes...
    By johnegq22 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-14-2008, 11:18 PM
  3. hmmm will i pass an ioc level drug test with these supps
    By powerman12345 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 07:25 PM