Protein Shake Before or After morning Cardio??

1. Protein Shake Before or After morning Cardio??

I have been drinking my protein immediately after my morning cardio on an empty stomach and havent seen a decrease in muscle mass, but I see that many people recommend drinking it 30 mins before ur morning cardio session..Is it all personal preference? i want to hear what u guys think...

2. There's personal preference I think when it comes to what you want to do, but there's definitely some science bhind their preference.

I know that I used to go for long medium-speed runs right after waking and burned fat, but I think I also lost muscle a bit that way too. Personally if I was to start doing morning cardio again I would probably just sip some BCAA's during my cardio (elliptical) and then have a shake afterwards. There's lots of different opinions, but that's just me
    •   

3. Yea i need to get BCAA's theres some already in the protein mix i have but i dont think this is a sufficient amount..any suggestions on what BCAA brand to buy??

4. If you keep your heart rate at 65%MHR I wouldn't drink my shake before hand I'd wait till after and have a shake with oats. If your jogging and want to maintain LBM you def need some complex carbs.

5. This is kind of the situation I'm in.. I do both weights and cardio in the mornings. I get up @ 4:30 to do both. For a while, I was taking in a protein shake w/ oats pre wo, & for post, prtein shake w/ Gatorade. Now, I've gone to just EC w/ super cissus pre & post is usually just protein shake. I'm trying to lean up. Should I still be taking in carbs? I've never really tried a "real" food diet when cutting w/ cardio & weights. I've always just relied on the cardio to do the work, but this time I want better results.
    •   

6. Do any of you have any opinion on what BCAA's do to weight? I'm not really into losing weight, but I wouldn't mind stripping some fat. Do BCAA's have any tendency whatsoever to preserving fat along with the muscle? Or are these compounds strictly addressing the muscle, with ZERO impact on fat.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Post W/O shake - before or after sauna?
    By sjfou in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-12-2011, 01:18 AM
  2. Cardio before or after workout for fat loss
    By jays23 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-23-2010, 09:48 PM
  3. Protein shake before cardio? Yes or No?
    By jdhil90 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-27-2010, 09:22 AM
  4. Whey Powder Shakes - before or after weights?
    By JonArms in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 11:10 AM
  5. Cardio before or after workout?
    By BAMAJAS in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-19-2007, 11:02 PM