A little help with my diet please

1. Registered User
    Answers

A little help with my diet please

Just like the title says, I need a little help with my diet. First of all, heres my stats, and current supplements.

31 yrs old
    6' 3"
    228 lbs
    ~19 % bf

Hyperdrol X2
    Mass FX
    Retain (as soon as the new order arrives, it will be Retain 2)

I've been lifting for many years. Last year was the first time I 'offically' tried to cut weight. I cut down from 250 to 222. In december I had shoulder surgery and gained back up to 235. All of which was fat. My goal is to get my bf% down to around 12-13%. I figure with my current weight and bf% that would put me around 210 or so. I lift 4-5 days a week and do cardio 4-5 days a week.

I lost the weight last year eating a low carb (100-150 grams per day), high protien (345-350 grams per day), and moderate fat (~85-90 grams per day). In late february, I was able to get back into the gym and I started this program again. However, I have been researching lots of different types of diets and the velocity diet intrigued me. I have been doing my version of this diet for 2 weeks now. Here's the breakdown.

Breakfast: 1 pint egg whites, 1 cup spinach, 1 tbsp flax oil
    Snack 1: 40 g whey with 2 tbsp ground flax seed
    Lunch: Either 50 whey/casien mix and 1 cup spincach or 8 oz cottage cheese mixed with 2 tbsp ground flax seed, 20 g whey, and equal
    Pre workout: 20 g whey
    PWO: 60 g whey, 30 g gatorade (I use the mix and put enough in it to give me 30 g of carbs)
    Supper: Grilled chicken breast and either 1 cup spinach or broccoli
    Before bed: 8 oz cottage cheese with 1 tbsp flax oil

That breaks down to around 2000 calories or so. Problem is, in the last 2 weeks, I've lost maybe a pound or so and my abdomen measurement hasnt budged.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Big Stan

2. Registered User
    Answers

will u have experience, which should tell u ur waste is the last place it will leave. I dont reccomend keeping a low carb diet like that, carb cycling is heathier for u. Ur muscles still need carbs, unless u dont care about ur muscle mass. Ur at 235 ur eating less than me and im cutting. Are u doing any cardio? U should start doing HIIT too. Also generally low carb diets ur fat intake should be higher, my understanding is ur body will start using fat as its main source of energy.
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

You will not have consistent results with low amount of carbs. Most people forget that your body needs to burn fat. With your amount of activity, something bad might happen. Add some oats to your breakfast and your Post-WO and pull back on the fat a little bit. You can stay roughly at the same kcals by taking out 20g of fat and adding some oats to your breakfast and Post-WO.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

I appreciate the repsonses guys. I forgot to put in the post that I follow that diet for 2 days on and then do a 1 day higher carb day. I eat 1/2 cup cooked oats with breakfast. Fruit with the midmorning snack. 2 slices of ezekial bread with lunch and up the PWO carbs to 60. I think I will up the carbs on this day and bump up the fat intake all the way around. Seeing as how I LOVE oats, maybe I will add them to breakfast everyday in order to keep the carbs from being to low. Thanks again

Big Stan

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need a little help with my diet guys
    By tnotch10 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 08:25 PM
  2. Please help with my diet
    By benjammin5150 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-31-2012, 10:33 PM
  3. please help with my diet
    By live to lift in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2011, 08:23 PM
  4. Can somebody help with my diet please...
    By start2train in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 05:02 AM
  5. Can some one help me with my diet please?
    By oceanrun in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 08:10 PM