The Plan & My Goal... - AnabolicMinds.com

The Plan & My Goal...

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  239 lbs.

The Plan & My Goal...

Today I am starting my goal of dropping 25-30lbs by August 1st '07, my birthday is Aug. 4th and I'll be 28yrs old... I've been working out off and on since about 16 and know how to workout for the most part but I guess I haven't grasped the whole diet thing and that is why I have a layer of fat over my muscles...

I have a few pics put up on my BodySpace so as you can see I have muscle but unfortunately I also have fat stores...

As of now I workout 5-days a week as follows:

Mon---Shoulders
    Tues---Legs
    Wed---Chest
    Thur---Bicep/Tricep
    Fri-----Back

I work the night shift from 8pm till 6:30am so my sleeping habits and eating hours are different than most people... This is how my normal week goes:

I start work 8pm Sun, get off @ 6:30am and am at the gym from 7am till about 8 or 9, this is how it looks my whole week...

THE PLAN:

As of now I haven't done ANY cardio for about 5-months, besides my Sunday Basketball League... So, I'll be adding cardio at the end of my workouts everyday... I lost 17lbs in 2-months last year and then got injured at a dirtbike track and haven't picked it back up...

I was thinking of doing the same routine as I last did which is:

15-min on the treadmill following my workouts, and something new I'm going to try is while at work (we have a gym here too) I'm going to spend my lunch walking the treadmill with a steady incline for 30-min 4-nights a week...

Eating:

My meals will consist of:

Chicken
    Protein Drinks/Bars
    Salads
    Tuna
    Egg whites
    Turkey
    Oats
    Oatmeal

So, any tips or ideas to add to aid in me reaching my goals? Do you think that what I want to get accomplished can be done in that amount of time? Really anything you have to say will be greatly appreciated... Thanks for reading...

2. New Member

ive noticed wonderful results doing 3 full body workouts a week. 20 mins incline walking after each w/o. and 3 30 min cardio session a week
  3. New Member

I have a dumb question...

whats the difference between "OATS" and "OATMEAL"?

DP
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

Are you planning on doing the cardio during lunch and then work out later that day? If so I would personally suggest for go the cardio at lunch and just do 30 min or so cardio after you lift when your glycogen stores are low (keep at a lower pace though like 60-65% max heart rate.)

Your goal of loosing 25-30lbs by August is very obtainable (sp?) but the huge factor will be your diet. check out FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal and input a daily meal plan and then post it up so we can critique it. Your food choices look solid so just plan around them (be careful on the protein bars as they arent the best choice on a cut.)

As far as your w/o plan goes it looks fine, are you planning on any cardio on the 2 off days?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  239 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dpatterson View Post
    I have a dumb question...

whats the difference between "OATS" and "OATMEAL"?

DP
    Wow, didn't realize I wrote that down basically 2 times... Nothing is different as I'm sure you already know...
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  239 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    Are you planning on doing the cardio during lunch and then work out later that day? If so I would personally suggest for go the cardio at lunch and just do 30 min or so cardio after you lift when your glycogen stores are low (keep at a lower pace though like 60-65% max heart rate.)

Your goal of loosing 25-30lbs by August is very obtainable (sp?) but the huge factor will be your diet. check out FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal and input a daily meal plan and then post it up so we can critique it. Your food choices look solid so just plan around them (be careful on the protein bars as they arent the best choice on a cut.)

As far as your w/o plan goes it looks fine, are you planning on any cardio on the 2 off days?

As for cardio on the 2 days off... Well, not really... I have basketball games Sundays @ 6pm which is a 3 on 3 league with two 20min quarters so I get good cardio during the game... I also usually walk my dogs on Saturday or play a pickup game of ball...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. First Day of the Rest of My Life (15 month plan)
    By snowbird in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 10:37 PM
  2. My goal for the fall...realistic??
    By nparisi in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-06-2009, 04:00 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 04:59 PM
  4. The Plan
    By julius kelp in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3