i want to LOSE muscle

davelf

Awards
Hi, my name is david i am 21 and i weight about 180 pounds. I was your average skinny white guy all through high school and it was awsome. When i went off to college about 6 months of my freshman year i went nuts on lifting weights. I was insecure about my skinny body and wanted to get buff. I went to the gym everyday and lifted hardcore. I used whey protein before and after each work out and i ate like a monster. I have stopped working out in the past few months, and some muscle has gone. But i want it all gone. I want to be skinny and a twig like i was in high school. what should i do to ''Bulk down'' so i can get thin again ?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Hi and WELCOME, this is a GREAT first post.

It will just take time but if you want to speed it up don't eat protein, drink a lot of beer, don't sleep more than 4 hours a day.

I am sure the other members here can help you out :)

CROWLER

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take all your excess muscle mass and give it to me.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Sell it on E-bay.....

Cardio..... Losing muscle is one thing but getting completely unhealthy aint all that great. Just eat small portions all day to speed your cardio, take a appetite suppresant/stimulant.

P.s whats the reason.... better hammer to leg ratio?

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I bet his girl doesn't like him buff so he's willing to be a skinny little ***** again and then she's gonna dump him anyway and then he'll try to get buff again so could pick up girls. Hmm...

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Smoke a lot of crack and you'll be the twig you always wanted to be :)

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
wrong, IW. Meth is the best way to go.

davelf

Awards
I want to lose muscle mass for a few reasons. first i skateboard and its my one true love in life. i do it all day everyday. the more weight you have the harder it is to balance your weight on the board as you do tricks. and also i want to lose weight because i dont think bulging muscles looks good on me. i personally don't like the way i look right now, and i would like to look skinny.

right now to lose the weight i just am not lifting at all, and skating hard each day so im sweatin and gettin low impact cardio for hours on end. I eat healthy in general and try to watch the portions, but it just seems to cut fat down and not the muscle. I just don't know what i can do differently to get skinny again. and i am just hoping some of you can help me acheive my goal

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Do you mind to post few pics, so we could get a better idea of how you look like?

davelf

Awards
hmm well, i am not really comfortable with showing myself online, but i am 21 and i weigh 180 if that helps.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you should just keep doing what you're doing. Lots of cardio, way fewer calories in general and the muscle will melt away. It does take awhile though. I can lose around 15-20 pounds of muscle during a summer if I am hiking all summer and not eating my normal "maintenance diet"...but even this can take the better part of 4-5 months.

Muscle can be a pain in the ass sometimes, especially if it is limiting you on other pursuits that you love. I know there will be a day when I will go back down to a svelt 150-165 so I can hike farther and faster.

NDjets78

Awards
I have stopped working out in the past few months, and some muscle has gone. But i want it all gone.
Now here is a situation we dont see everyday.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used to sk8 about 8 years ago. There are plenty of badass skaters in the 180 plus range Kris Malkavitz, last time he was skating for element. 180 is nothing my best friend, we skated together is close to three hundred now, hes super big bonned and tall. He can do high ass 50-50 , 5-0's on park benches, benches down stairs, slopes, kickflip, nose-slides on stuff higher than knee level, ollie, 180 backside, shove its. Youll do fine so yeah just stop lifting itll go away. btw do you notice your hams are esp strong from skateboarding?

When I started weight training noticed Hams were unusally strong .

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thats so awkward, i snowboard and ive always found bein better fit and more muscular to help my balance and board control let alone push myself to get sick air... prob diff when all i have to do to get higher is just not carve where as you gotta ollie your own body weight every time.... my suggestion seriously is jsut DONT WORK OUT and skate a ****LOAD it is more cardio then youll need and youll be buikding the necessary muscles you need for doing what you like, let alone skating with heavier weight now and forcing yourself to go higher and harder with more weiht will only benifit you as your topside begins to shrink.... and sweat, sweat alot. try to keep a healthy diet up though and youll still be happy, but i suggest you pick up some stim X so you dont get cravings and have extra energy for skating, itll be your legal alternative to the meth these guys are talkin bout, belive me i was skinny as Fcuk growin up too and stim x is more then enough if your a natural ectomorprh.

good luck and let us know how you do.:cheers:

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
If your balance is off maybe you need to hit the gym more not less. Work your core muscles and your stabilizers.

davelf

Awards
thanks for all the supportive words, you guys have been helpful. I will just skate each day and eat healthy and hopefully i will see results, and maybe if results dont come after a few more months i will try stim x and see if that will help. thanks again

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
I bet his girl doesn't like him buff so he's willing to be a skinny little ***** again and then she's gonna dump him anyway and then he'll try to get buff again so could pick up girls. Hmm...

I'm glad you said it bc I wouldnt want to be an ass, but thats just what I was thinking.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
It will come off in no time. Don't worry.. but the only problem is you may not be happy with the end result. Most likely you could be skinny and flabby. It's a terrible look but its up to you. I would still do resistance training but eat less and do more cardio.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would just suggest thinking this through before you do it. If you really want to and feel it will improve your ability to do your favorite activity, then go for it. Just know that it sucks big fat monkey balls once you've lost a bunch of muscle you once had.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you keep the weights and keep on the board, you're body is going to naturally adapt.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, getting back into lifting after losing 30 pounds of muscle is just plain painful.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
..... try losin 40 lbs in 4 months... n i didnt have anyfat to lose... talk about depressing. luckily that was a year ago and ive gained all but 6 lbs back.

point being if you ever go back to lifting it suxxors when you can only ppick up weights 1/3 rd as heavy as you were used to and it still is a struggle..... thank goodness for muscle memory though.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I'm glad you said it bc I wouldnt want to be an ass, but thats just what I was thinking.
You are welcome :D
I didn't mean to be an ass really, because I didn't think he was serious, you don't see this kind of questions every day.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, Now you got me thinking.... My wife doesn't let me go out without a shirt on any more.... Maybe she doesn't want be buff any more.

jCoonan

Awards
Easiest way to kill muscle is to smoke marijuana and I'm not just adding to the countless joke replies I am very very serious. Mary Jane seems to just kill muscle size and definition :( Take it from me :(

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
really? we are really posting on this thread? this goes against everything this board is about. shame on all of you!!!!!!:nono: :nono:

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
really? we are really posting on this thread? this goes against everything this board is about. shame on all of you!!!!!!:nono: :nono:
Wait, this isn't the board about the recreational use of marijuana to reduce muscle mass???:think:

I must have clicked on the wrong link somewhere...:run:

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Marijuana lowers testosterone, but codeine would probly do a better job, although not worth it.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
To avoid muscle gain, I got myself 2.5 jobs.

Makes it hard as hell to put on and keep muscle. ;)

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
LOL, i actually knew multiple meth heads.... some were my freids whore mothers (litterally) and they had the whole scabbed out face look, and a few were my buddy and his girl and other then him shrinkin and gettin sunken cheeks you couldnt tell he was using..... nastiest drug ever though they would just leave their kid with either one of their parents so they could go get **** faced and not even care.... firckkin disgusting.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
im going to start a thread about how to kill puppies. so you fcukers can keep giving out your 2 cents about evil things

caffeineadct

caffeineadct

Awards
Easiest way to kill muscle is to smoke marijuana and I'm not just adding to the countless joke replies I am very very serious. Mary Jane seems to just kill muscle size and definition :( Take it from me :(
It doesn't kill it, it slows down it's development.

phaeton66

phaeton66

Awards
I want to lose muscle mass for a few reasons. first i skateboard and its my one true love in life. i do it all day everyday. the more weight you have the harder it is to balance your weight on the board as you do tricks. and also i want to lose weight because i dont think bulging muscles looks good on me. i personally don't like the way i look right now, and i would like to look skinny.

right now to lose the weight i just am not lifting at all, and skating hard each day so im sweatin and gettin low impact cardio for hours on end. I eat healthy in general and try to watch the portions, but it just seems to cut fat down and not the muscle. I just don't know what i can do differently to get skinny again. and i am just hoping some of you can help me acheive my goal
Personally, I think you are a troll. If you're not, you should probably be shot anyway. The only way you're "too muscular" at 180lbs is if you're 5 feet tall. Losing muscle is a sign of ill health; no 21 year old should be losing muscle. How long do you think you're going to be boarding for? Are you going to be one of those pathetic sloppy 40 year old dudes with beer guts and a skateboard? Or are you going to try to keep fit and live life properly?

Here's my advice if you really want to lose muscle: take lots of illegal recreational drugs (it doesn't matter which ones: just avoid the roids). Be lazy. Eat junk food. Sleep little. Listen to lots of whiny emo music. You'll eventually look like one of those bony hipster twats whose girlfriends are coming over Uncle Phaeton's apartment for gymnastics lessons (aka, balance beam on my schlong).
:bruce1:

-p66

marshbomb

marshbomb

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I think you are a troll. If you're not, you should probably be shot anyway. The only way you're "too muscular" at 180lbs is if you're 5 feet tall. Losing muscle is a sign of ill health; no 21 year old should be losing muscle. How long do you think you're going to be boarding for? Are you going to be one of those pathetic sloppy 40 year old dudes with beer guts and a skateboard? Or are you going to try to keep fit and live life properly?

Here's my advice if you really want to lose muscle: take lots of illegal recreational drugs (it doesn't matter which ones: just avoid the roids). Be lazy. Eat junk food. Sleep little. Listen to lots of whiny emo music. You'll eventually look like one of those bony hipster twats whose girlfriends are coming over Uncle Phaeton's apartment for gymnastics lessons (aka, balance beam on my schlong).

-p66
LMAO, sound advice man. sound advice.

Bruth

Bruth

Awards

-p66
While I'm not sure he is a troll. Fantastic Burning Skillz :rofl:

soma

soma

Awards
  • Established
You guys have got to be kidding me....since when does marijuana hinder muscle growth/development.? I smoked in a lot in college and it didnt seem to affect my muscle growth...actually i got really good muscle pumps sometimes after i smoked..

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
man if you make a goal of getting cut to 6% BF then you will loose muscle and fat. It will also make you look way skinnier, and you will look good

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
are you f*cking kidding me? you are a f4cking whiny ass emo kid aren't you? i bet your b1tch is like.... you're too big.... you really need to get skinny so you can fit into those skinny ass legged jeans w/ those xs t-shirts that aren't tight on you. have fun being a f8cking loser. ur girl is gonna be goin for the real man meat.

Tren is devilish.

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
woa, i think there are some other issues here. you say you weren't happy with your body when you were skinny, now you are not happy when you are muscular!? Seems like body dismorphic disorder, you are looking for things that are wrong with you.

CouchPotato

Awards
cardio cardio cardio man, skatings cool but if ur doing it everyday then ur body will just adapt, your metabolic and muscle wont just dissapear. try doing different cardio excercises. Swimming is a great one low impact and wont get the muscles buldging. Boxing as well hit a bag and sparring that a cardio dream work out...... keep ur body thinking thats the key.....

Yo plus you mention you had a problem when u were skinny me too and thats normally a body dismorphic issue make sure its not done a flip on u.....

Good luck......

jCoonan

Awards
This has got to be a troll. Who goes to a bodyBUILDING site to ask how to bodyUNbuild???