carbing up

Rhapsody

Awards
When you guys carb up.......do you do one day or two days ???

Is one day of carbing up sufficient to raise the T3 levels before you go back into ketosis??

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Each person is different. And at different times the same person might need a day and other times they may need 2 days.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
I do 36 hours. Which is, essentially, 2 days. First day, carb-up begins about noon, post w/o. I don't believe T3 levels are affected by carb intake. Sure it's not leptin you speak of?

Rhapsody

Awards
Scotty,

My ex boyfriend told me a couple years ago that ketosis lowered T3 levels........he always recommended running at least 12.5mg to 25 mg with the diet just to help kick the fat burning up a notch.

Therefore, he said, people need to carb up every two weeks for two days.....to replenish the carbs the thryroid needs.

He use to play pro ball in his 20's (now 38 yrs old) along time ago and has been into strength and endurance training for the last 5 years for a local team..........and does some personal training too..........

so, I took his word for it.

What is the reason you carb up every two weeks or so???

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Caloric deficit reduces T3 levels, not just carbs. Carbing up raises letpin levels which in turn raise T3 levels, so it essence it does both. They both go hand in hand.

Ibanez

Awards
I do pretty much what scotty2 does.

Someone recommend High GI liquid carbs in the beginning along with some high GI food than lower GI towards the end. Thoughts?

Rhapsody

Awards
Caloric deficit reduces T3 levels, not just carbs. Carbing up raises letpin levels which in turn raise T3 levels, so it essence it does both. They both go hand in hand.
Would L-tyrosin and 7-keto be benefical while carbing up ?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not if your already on T3. Those will help post cycle though (T3). If your not on T3 it could help, but it won't do much in that short of time. But it won't hurt ;)