Need some piece of mind from the experienced ones...

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
I've started my first 'real' cut after a pretty clean and successfull bulk. I've shed about 10 pounds in 3 weeks and am approaching my plateau weight of 205. 205 seems to be my nemasis. i can get right to it then my body goes into ravenous calorie intake mode. Its so hard to get under that weight. my body fights and fights...and usually wins the battle. I've tried and tried over the passed 2 yrs to get under 205 but i just can't do it. Diet..cardio...everything. i get right to 205 and i stay there until my will is destroyed!

i feel i have a real chance with this diet and regime to get under 205. My question for the expereinced masses is if i really buckel down and power through 205 can i expect to maintain a steady steam of consistent weight loss like i have enjoyed over the past few weeks or will it be a tooth and nail battle, 1 crappy pound a month at a time, all the way to my goal weight of 191.

i'm scared..somebody hold me....

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
this much i can tell you.....i'm not a doctor,weight loss expert, or nutritionist, but my personal experiences with gaining or losing weight is this....if i understand that to lose weight i have to consume quite a bit more cals than i need for daily maintenance and vice-versa for weight loss....than at whatever pace my body either loses or gains in weight will and has been consitant...i never experienced a "tooth and nail" problem when i had all the facts and was honest and determined to achieve my goals...it's just like anything else HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT and HOW FAR ARE YOU WILLING TO GO TO GET WHAT YOU WANT....my advise is this, if you don't fully understand your diet then go and see a trainer sure it'll cost you but what kind of a price tag can you put on info that will last you a life time? also ask yourself this what am i not willing to do to achieve my goals?:think: if those things you list are not going to get in the way of your specific goals then you are ready to ATTACK and accomplish your goal.......wow i should have been a motivational speaker:toofunny: i hope this helps.....just consider this..if achieving you weight is your victory and not is your defeat and the only thing standing in your way are your enemies..then when you're all alone,by yourself all your enemies are present.:eek:

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
geez..I'm ready to fight someone! thanks. we'll see. The trick is for me to find the right balance in carb and fat intake where I can fight the urges. I eat 6 or 7 times a day as is. When i combine fats with a little carbs i feel full for long enough. but cutting off the carbs at 12 I'm dying by 7pm. Still working on that. I'm doing well. I was really just wondering if breaking through a weight-loss plateau is like breaking through a weight plateau in the training sense. For instance for a long time 225 for reps of 10 were all I could do on incline bench for yrs. once I got over that I shot up to 285 for reps of 10, and it only 2 months (and no 'extra' help by the way). Just seeing if anyone has experienced anything like that.

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
are you using anything in the area of fatburners?

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
Had my cheat meal last night...1 beer...3 slices of pizza. each peice equated to 1 pound in the morning...208 to 211. such is the life of a chubby guinny...sigh....I like to carb up a bit before leg days, so be it. i'll get there. It was worth it to be able to put some big-boy weights on the leg press.

I've been entertaining the idea of getting green tea extract to assist. I just can't pull the trigger. any suggestions on supps?

FYI777

Awards
personally speaking I would worry about cutting first then bulking, easier.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to have a major plateau at 185 for over a year. I would be on a cut and stay at 185 for a long ass time. After I added regular refeeds and also SesaThin and BCAAs, I have been able to consistently lose weight. Adding extra sleep also makes a huge difference.

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
personally speaking I would worry about cutting first then bulking, easier.
Is that a statement from bizarro anabolicminds?!?!?Thanks...I've got bulking down just fine. Its the cutting thats tough. tuff mental challenge.

Thanks Rodja..good post..

alan aragon

alan aragon

Awards
I've started my first 'real' cut after a pretty clean and successfull bulk. I've shed about 10 pounds in 3 weeks and am approaching my plateau weight of 205. 205 seems to be my nemasis. i can get right to it then my body goes into ravenous calorie intake mode. Its so hard to get under that weight. my body fights and fights...and usually wins the battle. I've tried and tried over the passed 2 yrs to get under 205 but i just can't do it. Diet..cardio...everything. i get right to 205 and i stay there until my will is destroyed!

i feel i have a real chance with this diet and regime to get under 205. My question for the expereinced masses is if i really buckel down and power through 205 can i expect to maintain a steady steam of consistent weight loss like i have enjoyed over the past few weeks or will it be a tooth and nail battle, 1 crappy pound a month at a time, all the way to my goal weight of 191.

i'm scared..somebody hold me....
My advice would be to take your focus off of the scale weigtht. For example, a simultaneous gain in muscle and loss of fat basically freezes the number on the scale. I personally NEVER weigh myself, mainly because my weight isn't a reliable gauge of how I look.

The scale tells you very little. The mirror, clothes (waist size in particular), and pictures tell a lot.

Spiral_

Awards
Had my cheat meal last night...1 beer...3 slices of pizza. each peice equated to 1 pound in the morning...208 to 211. such is the life of a chubby guinny...sigh....I like to carb up a bit before leg days, so be it. i'll get there. It was worth it to be able to put some big-boy weights on the leg press.

I've been entertaining the idea of getting green tea extract to assist. I just can't pull the trigger. any suggestions on supps?
There ya go, bite the bullet and no more cheat meals until you're well past that sticking point. That may do the trick?

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
My advice would be to take your focus off of the scale weigtht. For example, a simultaneous gain in muscle and loss of fat basically freezes the number on the scale. I personally NEVER weigh myself, mainly because my weight isn't a reliable gauge of how I look.

The scale tells you very little. The mirror, clothes (waist size in particular), and pictures tell a lot.
I did pick up a belt notch! But that easy to do dropping 12 pounds. 205 looms ominously overhead....should hit it by the end of next week.

I hear ya on the cheat meal. will do.

thanks everyone

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
Stayed off the scale for a couple of days. I was 204 this morning and crossing my fingers. i had to add another meal to the meal plan to stay away from ravenous hunger. Eating = lose weight...who knew?!?!?

This 204 kinda snuck up on me. Its nice motivation. Best part is my strength is coming back and even improving in some excercises. the days of leg press reps with 1200#s are over but i can still work with 900 for reps.

Thanks all. Now I'm going to get 200...then on to 195....then to 191...then to the white house....hhhiiiiyyyyaaaaaa!