Rapid Weightloss

carriong

carriong

Awards
Hi I entered a weightloss contest and am looking for information on how to quickly lose body weight in the next 5 weeks. HELP!!
I entered the contest last week at 301lbs and need to lose atleast 30lbs before May 7th!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats a lot to lose in less than a month!. I would say go on a strict ketogenic diet for the entire month. A lot of what you lose will be water, but thats the only way you may have chance to lose that much in less than a month.

carriong

carriong

Awards
Thats a lot to lose in less than a month!. I would say go on a strict ketogenic diet for the entire month. A lot of what you lose will be water, but thats the only way you may have chance to lose that much in less than a month.
Hi T-bone and thanks for responding!
What is a ketogenic diet and where can i find information on starting??
Thanks!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
The Atkins diet is a ketogenic diet. You might want to check with your doctor before trying to loose that much weight that quick.

HDeuce7

HDeuce7

Awards
Do the Atkins diet. I lost 23 lbs in 4 weeks. You have to be very strict though. Do some aerobic exercise like walking on a treadmill.

carriong

carriong

Awards
Do the Atkins diet. I lost 23 lbs in 4 weeks. You have to be very strict though. Do some aerobic exercise like walking on a treadmill.
THanks HDeuce, but where can I find the Atkins diet. Is there a website that outlines it?
Thanks

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's your athletic experience look like?

I'd recommend medium distance sprints or HIIT while functioning on a ketogenic diet.

carriong

carriong

Awards
What's your athletic experience look like?

I'd recommend medium distance sprints or HIIT while functioning on a ketogenic diet.
Will the HIT program add muscle size? My goal is just weigtloss for right now!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not HIT, HIIT

In other words you'd be running/biking/whatever as hard as you can for 30 seconds to 3 minutes. Then you turn it down a couple notches, to a walking/jogging pace for another seconds to 3 minutes. Rinse and Repeat.

This isn't going to build muscle, it's going to burn more fat in proportion to muscle & carbs than regular cardio.

carriong

carriong

Awards
Not HIT, HIIT

In other words you'd be running/biking/whatever as hard as you can for 30 seconds to 3 minutes. Then you turn it down a couple notches, to a walking/jogging pace for another seconds to 3 minutes. Rinse and Repeat.

This isn't going to build muscle, it's going to burn more fat in proportion to muscle & carbs than regular cardio.
Thanks for the tip....much appreciated!!
G-