Rimonabant appetite suppressant?

1. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Rimonabant appetite suppressant?

anyone know much about this? anyone try it?

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2 View Post
    anyone know much about this? anyone try it?
    CB-1 reverse agonist. Essentially, mechanism of action is reverse of what marijuana does (gives you the munchies). I believe there is a post in ibe forum that contains a detailed review with clinical data.
  3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

cool thanks. I wonder if it actually works. I cant seem to find anything that will work on my wife. hoodia is the best she's had but still would like something better.
    •   

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2 View Post
    cool thanks. I wonder if it actually works. I cant seem to find anything that will work on my wife. hoodia is the best she's had but still would like something better.
    I should of told you I have tried it. I used it for three months, 10 mg/ day, just to see how it worked short term. (Note that innovator indicates that it is for long term use and the data I saw was based on 1 year.) I believe at a higher dose it would work in the short term. It was mildly suppressive at 10mg dose for me. Over three months lost ~ 12 lbs, with diet and low impact cardio. Weight started at was 240 lbs. I was considering using it again, but at 20 mg / day. Note also, I had no sides at 10 mg. I have used hoodia, and rimonabant worked better than that, though "appetite suppression" is hard to quantify. If you search, you can find rimonabant "on special" right now.
  5. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

thanks again. I might have the wife give it a run.
  6. Registered User

If I'm not mistaken (although I very well might be), I believe rimonabant is often associated with some side effects.

Edit did the digging: Entrez PubMed

Side effects of depression and anxiety should be noted and looked for especially if your giving this to someone who isnt knowledgable about it.
  7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma76 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken (although I very well might be), I believe rimonabant is often associated with some side effects.

Edit did the digging: Entrez PubMed

Side effects of depression and anxiety should be noted and looked for especially if your giving this to someone who isnt knowledgable about it.

You are correct there are sides, I was stating I did not have any sides at 10mg dose. Side effects in studies exhibited at high doses. The major side effects for drugs in this class are pyschological in nature as you stated.
  8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sock View Post
    You are correct there are sides, I was stating I did not have any sides at 10mg dose. Side effects in studies exhibited at high doses. The major side effects for drugs in this class are pyschological in nature as you stated.
    I figured I'd post that for two reasons; one, you said you wanted to up-it to 20mg for a cycle (thats where most of the clinical trials occurred), but I'm glad to see you are on top of it. Two, it was more for those people who are considering jumping into rimonabant to control appetite and havent really looked into it yet (such as WWB2's wife).
  9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma76 View Post
    I figured I'd post that for two reasons; one, you said you wanted to up-it to 20mg for a cycle (thats where most of the clinical trials occurred), but I'm glad to see you are on top of it. Two, it was more for those people who are considering jumping into rimonabant to control appetite and havent really looked into it yet (such as WWB2's wife).
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.

Rimonabant

I bought 100 grams of this bulk powder to cap my own. It was too hard for my feeble mind to try to measure out 20 mg's per cap. After "guessing" for am month or so, I couldn't tell a difference. At best guess, I was doing 20-35 mg per day. Didn't really notice anything as far as appetite suppressance_such a word?) I still had 30-50 grams left.. Didn't work for me..For what that's worth..:burg:
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bupropion and rimonabant for appetite suppression?
    By Mochaccino in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-04-2012, 04:26 PM
  2. Appetite-Suppressing Hormone Discovered
    By HobbesAB in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 04:58 PM
  3. Stimulant Free Appetite Suppressant--THAT WORKS!
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 11:08 PM
  4. Appetite suppressing cactus?
    By PastorofMuppets in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-29-2004, 07:43 AM
  5. Appetite Suppressant
    By Rhapsody in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-06-2003, 09:33 PM