Cheat Days while cutting

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
Just started taking Venom Hyperdrive yesterday to help shed a few pounds of fat around my stomach and chest. I will be eating around 2,000 calories a day (normally around 3,500-4,000) and I will weight train 5 times a week. My foods will be much cleaner but I want to know what is exceptable to eat on cheat days and how many times a week(s) you can take them. Another thing, yesterday I took my first venom capsule and got that awesome rush of energy today I took it and didnt get it. I dont even feel like it is reducing my appetite that much. Has anyone else experienced this?

BigB29

BigB29

Awards
Just started taking Venom Hyperdrive yesterday to help shed a few pounds of fat around my stomach and chest. I will be eating around 2,000 calories a day (normally around 3,500-4,000) and I will weight train 5 times a week. My foods will be much cleaner but I want to know what is exceptable to eat on cheat days and how many times a week(s) you can take them. Another thing, yesterday I took my first venom capsule and got that awesome rush of energy today I took it and didnt get it. I dont even feel like it is reducing my appetite that much. Has anyone else experienced this?

I am currently running the ALRI tri-lean stack which contains venom hyperdrive. I can't say that I get any real rush of energy after dosing it with breakfast, I also did not have any decrease in appetite.
Did you take any other stims with the first venom dose? Perhaps it was just a strong placebo effect based on your expectations of the product.

If your looking to decrease your appetite Zappetite by Thermolife has worked well for me.

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
I am currently running the ALRI tri-lean stack which contains venom hyperdrive. I can't say that I get any real rush of energy after dosing it with breakfast, I also did not have any decrease in appetite.
Did you take any other stims with the first venom dose? Perhaps it was just a strong placebo effect based on your expectations of the product.

If your looking to decrease your appetite Zappetite by Thermolife has worked well for me.
No man no stims what so ever. this is crazy because it was way more than a placebo effect it lasted all day. My work out was nuts and just constantly sweating all day long. My work out today was everything but amazing and I have been tired all day long.

BigB29

BigB29

Awards
No man no stims what so ever. this is crazy because it was way more than a placebo effect it lasted all day. My work out was nuts and just constantly sweating all day long. My work out today was everything but amazing and I have been tired all day long.

How big of a caloric deficit are you running? If your dropping from 4000 to 2000 calories a day that is definetly going to affect your energy levels negatively. Particularly if there is little to no carbs in your new diet.

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
I am still eating carbs, im trying stay on 40% carbs 40% protein. Yesterday I took the venom while I was eating a protein bar after I had taken all my other supps. and today I took the venom as soon as I was done with a bagel and water with all my other supps. Tomorrow I will take it on an empty stomach and if I do not get the results like the first day I will increase to two caps i guess.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
How did you figure out you need 2000kcal?

Did you figure out your Daily Energy Expenditure (DEE)?

I am 195 and also cutting, and my calorie intake is 2400 which is 80% of my DEE.

I am taking 1.5g of protein per bodyweight lb and then taking a fat dominate approach of 80/20 of healthy fats and carbs respectively.

As far as my cheat days, I am taking a re-feed day every 14 days where I eat anything I want the whole day, but no more than 3-3.5x of my cutting guidelines. Another option would be to follow the 90% rule, this is where you stick to your diet for 90% of your meals during the week and 10% are cheat meals in surplus of no more than 500kcal.

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
How did you figure out you need 2000kcal?

Did you figure out your Daily Energy Expenditure (DEE)?

I am 195 and also cutting, and my calorie intake is 2400 which is 80% of my DEE.

I am taking 1.5g of protein per bodyweight lb and then taking a fat dominate approach of 80/20 of healthy fats and carbs respectively.

As far as my cheat days, I am taking a re-feed day every 14 days where I eat anything I want the whole day, but no more than 3-3.5x of my cutting guidelines. Another option would be to follow the 90% rule, this is where you stick to your diet for 90% of your meals during the week and 10% are cheat meals in surplus of no more than 500kcal.
I dont know my DEE im just trying to find out what I feel good on. Right now 2000 cals has kept me going with out feeling too hungry.
Im sure I sound ignorant as hell right now but I have always stayed relatively lean until the past few months tipping my body fat percentage to 13% So this will be my first serious cut. Try to bare with me while I try to figure dieting out. As for the loss of energy today I seem to still be cutting good. Only my second day on the hyperdrive and already look significantly leaner and strength has been better in the gym and a huge indrease in endurance yesterday.

synx I think I am going to use your first option on the cheat days. I would already love to sit down and eat whatever I like so it will be a well earned 2 weeks of cutting.

Should I cycle the venom? I read that some cycle it for a few days on and a few off and some say its good to runit for a whole month (besides cheat days)

Sea223

Awards
  • Established
I dont know my DEE im just trying to find out what I feel good on. Right now 2000 cals has kept me going with out feeling too hungry.
Im sure I sound ignorant as hell right now but I have always stayed relatively lean until the past few months tipping my body fat percentage to 13% So this will be my first serious cut. Try to bare with me while I try to figure dieting out. As for the loss of energy today I seem to still be cutting good. Only my second day on the hyperdrive and already look significantly leaner and strength has been better in the gym and a huge indrease in endurance yesterday.

synx I think I am going to use your first option on the cheat days. I would already love to sit down and eat whatever I like so it will be a well earned 2 weeks of cutting.

Should I cycle the venom? I read that some cycle it for a few days on and a few off and some say its good to runit for a whole month (besides cheat days)
Hey- Good luck with your cut. I'm going to compete for the first time and hired a nutritionist that specializes in BB. I'm down 7% BF in a little over 1.5 months. It's freakin insane. I'm on basically a 40 pro 30 cho and 30 fat. My calories cycle from Monday 2800
Tue-2600
wed-2400
Thurs-2400
Fri-1800
Sat I get 1000 + 2 cheat meals (as much as I want and whatever I want-it just has to be at once. I can't space it out over a few hours.) Most of the time after I feel like I'm going to ralph :)
Sunday a little more calories and one cheat meal.

This is absolutely the greatest thing I could've done as far as hiring someone. I meet with him once a week and he does BF (9 site). I've never seen such amazing results in such a short time. I'm not using a fatburner either. Hopefully this helps. Don't be afraid to throw cheats in. In my case I carb up and it also kickstarts the metabolism after my low day. IMO I think 2 weeks is a little long to go without a cheat meal.

Let me know how it goes.

Awards
Try a anti histamine with your venom. I like loratadine the 24 hour one. I've heard of oral steroids on an empty stomach killing appetite also.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to be refeeding every 4 days.

I'm about to have 2 meals each of which contains 200 grams of carbs from bagels.

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I think it has been about 5 days witha major lack of carbs and I am starting to feel it. I have lost a few pounds and look much leaner but I cant take it. Sea I really like what youa re doing for a cut. Hopefully one day I can afford a damn nutritionist haha. The hyperdrive seems to be working when I take it on a an empty stomach. I decided to only take it every four days because the appetite suppression usually stays with me the day immediately after a dose so I can still curb my sweet tooth.

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
A refeed every 14 days is fine. I followed John Berardi's Get Shredded Diet with amazing results. I dropped 6% in 6 weeks and still going strong. I actually have pictures posted in another thread about body fat testing accuracy here. As for energy, didn't have a crash until I fell under 10% bf

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
A refeed every 14 days is fine. I followed John Berardi's Get Shredded Diet with amazing results. I dropped 6% in 6 weeks and still going strong. I actually have pictures posted in another thread about body fat testing accuracy here. As for energy, didn't have a crash until I fell under 10% bf
I was going to do the JB's GSD with Waterbury's WSP, but opted to modify the diet with 1.5g of protein per lbs. Since the WSP is 8 weeks, I will see how I do with my current diet and might taper down to the GSD.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
So you only refeed every 14 days? Wow, i'd have no energy for about 9 days until I did a refeed.

How does that work exactly?

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established

Hey BigB,

I have had great results with ALRIs stack on numerous occasions. I alternated eca with venom 2 days on one, 2 days on the other. I feel it helped both work better and longer for me. I also had good appetite suppression with the stack. Maybe thats one reason I like Venom so much. For me though, so much of dieting is me telling* myself I am not hungry. It can be tough when you have been bulking for a year. Hope it helps!!