6 lbs down in two days.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't feeling good over the weekend... I drank very little water and only had 1 small meal in two days.... I lost 6 lbs. This has to be all fluids right?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
mostly water. one small meal over 2 days ain't exactly good for maintaining muscle though. i doubt you'll notice any difference in the gym, just continue as planned. sh!t happens.

J

jrob24

Awards
takes 3500 calories of defecit to lose one pound....your body just sitting around each day burns 2000 ...so just a matter of math

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
You will be back to your normal weight within a week or so once you resume normal/adequate fluid and food intake.

R

roadrage

Awards
Definitely water weight. Just concentrate on rehydrating yourself over the next couple days and you'll be back up to your normal weight.

Fireproof

Fireproof

Awards
takes 3500 calories of defecit to lose one pound....your body just sitting around each day burns 2000 ...so just a matter of math
Not quite. True, 1 pound of fat = 3500 calories approx.

But just because he lost weight doesn't mean it was all fat. There was certainly a fair amount of glycogen depletion going on in his muscles and liver due to lack of replenishment. So not only will that cause some loss of non-muscle weight, with every gram of glycogen (carbs) there is 3 grams of water stored with it.

At any rate, most can be regained in very short order once you resume your diet and training. Just don't let this turn into a long-term fast. ;)

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
most likely water...drink alot of fluids for the next week it'll be back in no time