6 lbs down in two days.

1. Question 6 lbs down in two days.

I wasn't feeling good over the weekend... I drank very little water and only had 1 small meal in two days.... I lost 6 lbs. This has to be all fluids right?

2. mostly water. one small meal over 2 days ain't exactly good for maintaining muscle though. i doubt you'll notice any difference in the gym, just continue as planned. sh!t happens.
    •   

3. takes 3500 calories of defecit to lose one pound....your body just sitting around each day burns 2000 ...so just a matter of math

4. You will be back to your normal weight within a week or so once you resume normal/adequate fluid and food intake.

5. Definitely water weight. Just concentrate on rehydrating yourself over the next couple days and you'll be back up to your normal weight.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by jrob24 View Post
    takes 3500 calories of defecit to lose one pound....your body just sitting around each day burns 2000 ...so just a matter of math
    Not quite. True, 1 pound of fat = 3500 calories approx.

But just because he lost weight doesn't mean it was all fat. There was certainly a fair amount of glycogen depletion going on in his muscles and liver due to lack of replenishment. So not only will that cause some loss of non-muscle weight, with every gram of glycogen (carbs) there is 3 grams of water stored with it.

At any rate, most can be regained in very short order once you resume your diet and training. Just don't let this turn into a long-term fast.

7. most likely water...drink alot of fluids for the next week it'll be back in no time
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Competitive Edge Labs- PCT Assist 5 lbs. of muscle in 30 days
    By longhornsp in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 01:48 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 11:17 PM
  3. HIIT two days in a row?
    By Rhyno in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 07:51 PM