Tweak my Plan? Ctting Diet/plan

Zips06

Awards
Alright, Im trying to get my diet down, and my cardio, etc. It would be great if someone could give me some advice to make it better.
Profile ATM: Male 5'8 255 Lbs BF%-Unknown
Im looking to lose BF, not worried a wholllle lot about wieght, as long as that weight is Muscle Mass (Fat mass=Gross) Im also working off part time job pay, which isnt much.

Morning:
Wake up->Hydroxycut Hardcore(Wondering if I should even be using this yet)->Low Intentsity Cardio 30-40mins.

Breakfast:
Slice of Whole Wheat toast with one egg, a Whey shake(Skim Milk, ice cubes, 1/2 banana...might also switch it with oats)

Work:
Salad, with tuna and a nice helping of rabbit food. (Whats a good dressing, for max weight loss

Pre Workout:
Whey Shake(same as above)

Workout:
(If I get off early enough) Light weight training every second day, alternating between upper and lower body
20 mins of High Intensity Cardio

Post Workout:
Another Whey shake, chicken, or fish for dinner, veggies (No carbs after workout, hopefully, or limited)

Night/Bed:
Are nuts okay at night, or better earlier in the day?

Alright, thats what I got so far...Im not taking any other supplements at the moment besides Whey and HCH(HCH I bought a month ago and just recently started taking, I bought it when I was looking for the "quick fix" crap but Ive corrected that when I started my diet changes and taking the thermo....."No supplement fora crappy diet")

ANYWAY, please help me tweak this diet. I don't know if there is to much Whey in there...I don't want to be to dependant on it. Also I dont have the money, nor the time to fit in 6-8 meals a day unfortunately, so Im trying to make it work, with work.

Thanks in advance
Zippy~

SwordBurn

SwordBurn

Awards
  • Established
You forgot 20 gallons of water per day. *cough* jk!

I didn't see what your H20 intake was. Make sure its near 1 gallon (or 128 fl oz). Don't kill yourself trying to take in more than 16oz at once.

I try to drink water before meals to fill me up faster. And a little after if im not so satisfied.

Things I noticed:

- The only carb intake was 1 slice of bread.
- You may not need a Whey Shake Pre-Workout.
- Dressing = Nothing Creamy
- If you are worried about when to eat nuts. You can eat it between Breakfast and Lunch. And between Lunch and Dinner.

Zips06

Awards
You forgot 20 gallons of water per day. *cough* jk!

I didn't see what your H20 intake was. Make sure its near 1 gallon (or 128 fl oz). Don't kill yourself trying to take in more than 16oz at once.

I try to drink water before meals to fill me up faster. And a little after if im not so satisfied.

Things I noticed:

- The only carb intake was 1 slice of bread.
- You may not need a Whey Shake Pre-Workout.
- Dressing = Nothing Creamy
- If you are worried about when to eat nuts. You can eat it between Breakfast and Lunch. And between Lunch and Dinner.
Lol water is a given xD
My carb intake is what im trying to narrow down, as what to eat for it.....I just don't want to take in to much and do the opposite of what im trying to do
All sounds good, thank you!

SwordBurn

SwordBurn

Awards
  • Established
Water should be a "given".

But you would be suprised of how many people think Diet Soda is ok. Or thinking juice is ok because it seems healthy.

nvr2loud

nvr2loud

Awards
  • Established
It looks to me like you are not eating enough. I actually eat more frequently when I am cutting. I try to eat a small meal every 2-3 hours. I drop it down to every 2 hours closer to the end of my cutting phase to ramp up my metabolism a little more.
I think this is the biggest mistake a lot of people make when trying to lose weight, is that they do not eat enough. Doing this might work for little bit, but will end up actually causing you to gain weight since your body will slow down in order preserve mass and therefore your metabolism will be really low and not working to help you burn calories.
Try to get in 5-7 small meals a day if you can.

NDjets78

Awards
Post Workout:
Another Whey shake, chicken, or fish for dinner, veggies (No carbs after workout, hopefully, or limited)
You probably want to add in some fast digesting carbs like a banana or white bread pwo. Thats when your body needs the carbs bc it will be used to replenish muscle glycogen and not stored as fat.

Night/Bed:
A good snack before bed would be 1 cup cottage cheese and 2 tbsp natty PB. The casein in the cottage cheese with provide aminos to your muscles while you sleep cuz its a slow digesting protein.

Hope this helps.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
You may want to look into HITT cardio. IMHO, it's second to none in shedding bodyfat while keeping lean muscle. Shoot me an email and I'd be happy to send you a routine and some diet tips:
[email protected]

Oh, and welcome to AM ;)

Workin

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
Second the HIT. Its the only cardio that ever works for me. sad but true

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Morning:
Wake up->Hydroxycut Hardcore(Wondering if I should even be using this yet)->Low Intentsity Cardio 30-40mins.
Not a big fan of empty stomach cardio, but for all out weight loss it will work well

Breakfast:
Slice of Whole Wheat toast with one egg, a Whey shake(Skim Milk, ice cubes, 1/2 banana...might also switch it with oats)
Eliminate the shake here if you can. Add in more egg whites and some veggies, say a whole egg and a few egg whites then add in some low carb veggies. It will fill you up more. Be careful on what bread you buy, it can have lots of hidden crap. Best bet is some oats and toss 1/2 a banana in there.

Work:
Salad, with tuna and a nice helping of rabbit food. (Whats a good dressing, for max weight loss
Looks okay (if rabbit food refers to croutons...go with the pecans instead), maybe toss in a few pecans/walnuts and look into waldens farms dressings. The ranch is actually pretty descent. Grapefruit is also a wonderful snack with a little splenda, tons of fiber and very filling, promotes fat loss, very low on GI index (36), and easy to take to work

Pre Workout:
Whey Shake(same as above)
-1/2 cup oats, mix in scoop protein and some splenda..BAM! Excellent and simple pre workout meal

Workout:
(If I get off early enough) Light weight training every second day, alternating between upper and lower body
20 mins of High Intensity Cardio

Post Workout:
For weight loss, go with the lean meats and some veggies.
Night/Bed:
Some fat free cottage cheese (buy the more expensive kind...tastes way better) and a few nuts or a spoonful of natural pb or almond butter

Alright, thats what I got so far...Im not taking any other supplements at the moment besides Whey and HCH(HCH I bought a month ago and just recently started taking, I bought it when I was looking for the "quick fix" crap but Ive corrected that when I started my diet changes and taking the thermo....."No supplement fora crappy diet")

ANYWAY, please help me tweak this diet. I don't know if there is to much Whey in there...I don't want to be to dependant on it. Also I dont have the money, nor the time to fit in 6-8 meals a day unfortunately, so Im trying to make it work, with work.
Threw in some cost effective things for ya
Thanks in advance
Zippy~

Hope this helps man