stop burning muscle !

  1. Registered User
    ICantRunFast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    169

    stop burning muscle !


    i'm having a hard time understanding how to prevent my body from burning muscle instead of fat....i kno its gonna happen but how can i minimize it ?...i've also been reading alot on fat burning supps what would some good ones be? i'm also tryin to keep/gain muscle to get cut which supps wont have an effect on my appettie since i still need decent calories to help muscle gain....any help for an amateur ?

  2. Registered User
    ICantRunFast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    169

    soooo many abbreviations !!!! argggggg
  3. Registered User
    Quinc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    nevada
    Posts
    379
    Rep Power
    425

    lipderm ultra by avant labs is soposed to be really good. i just used my first dose today. Avant Labs: Human Performance Supplements

    its a topical fat burner and ment for spot reduction.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    ICantRunFast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    169

    have u heard anything about vyotech absolution..?
  5. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,329
    Rep Power
    13066

    Quote Originally Posted by ICantRunFast View Post
    have u heard anything about vyotech absolution..?
    AL's lipoderm is a great product. I'd try that over any topical fat burner
  6. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,302
    Rep Power
    755325

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    AL's lipoderm is a great product. I'd try that over any topical fat burner
    Agreed. Lipoderm Ultra with RKs looks to be the spot reducer to beat.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  7. Registered User
    nvr2loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    259

    I am a big believer in BCAA's and Glutamine while cutting to help spare muscle loss under a restricted cal/carb diet.
  8. Registered User
    PSJ02388's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    121

    is there any difference between topical and regular fat buners
    ?
  9. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11888

    Quote Originally Posted by PSJ02388 View Post
    is there any difference between topical and regular fat buners
    ?
    Topicals can create a localized effect.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  10. Registered User
    FYI777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Land of Lincoln
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    178

    All the advice above but also for me I'm not gonna worry about if I burn muscle in that your muscle mass index is not carved in stone(sort of fluid) in that I'll get massive muscle gains and losses almost overnight sometimes(well not massive) but anyway you have to (probably) sacrifice a little muscle ,no doubt, while going on a negative caloric diet(sorry folks but you ain't gonna lose those winter fat gains any other way!)
  11. Registered User
    nvr2loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    259

    Quote Originally Posted by PSJ02388 View Post
    is there any difference between topical and regular fat buners
    ?
    Yeah, topicals are more for "spot reduction" If you are looking for a topical, get the Lipoderm-RK like mentioned above. Probably the best one out there right now.
  12. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,462
    Rep Power
    4172663

    Uhhhh. I am trying to delete my message but it won't let me.
  13. NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
    Board Sponsor
    workin2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,556
    Rep Power
    1424

    Thumbs up


    The best fat burning/muscle sparing protocol I've used is:

    10-15 grams of BCAA's + 2 scoops Poseidon + 100 mgs caffeine about 10 minutes prior to HITT cardio first thing in the morning. Follow this 3-4 days per week, along with proper diet and I think you'll be please with the results

    Workin
  14. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,549
    Rep Power
    4829

    YEP you said it.

    I use BCAAs + Poseidon + Caff + Ephedrine it REALLY does burn the fat, keeps me hydrated and to me the BCAAs keep the muscle.

    I have been biking 30 miles 5 times a day plus double swim workouts getting ready for a triathlon and have been mega dosing EXCELL and Poseidon and have actually GAINED some muscle and got leaner


    CROWLER
  15. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,462
    Rep Power
    4172663

    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    YEP you said it.

    I use BCAAs + Poseidon + Caff + Ephedrine it REALLY does burn the fat, keeps me hydrated and to me the BCAAs keep the muscle.

    I have been biking 30 miles 5 times a day plus double swim workouts getting ready for a triathlon and have been mega dosing EXCELL and Poseidon and have actually GAINED some muscle and got leaner


    CROWLER


    You're just Superman aren't you?. Can you bottle up some of your DNA and send it my way?.
  16. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,302
    Rep Power
    755325

    Weird...I took some of Crowler's DNA and ended up growing breasts and getting VERY good at knitting.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  17. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,549
    Rep Power
    4829

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    You're just Superman aren't you?. Can you bottle up some of your DNA and send it my way?.
    lol

    I am definitely happy with the results so far. I am still over 200, actually gained a couple pounds when I started mega dosing EXCELL, and have a 33" waist.

    I did an aquabike/triathlon race this past weekend. I averaged 23.5 MPH in a 15 mile per hour wind. My bike time was 7th best out of 300 people, not bad for a grandpa AND outweighing the other top finishers by 40 - 50 lbs


    Dsade, Sure you could lose a little fat but you shouldn't call them breasts


    CROWLER
  18. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11888

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Weird...I took some of Crowler's DNA and ended up growing breasts and getting VERY good at knitting.
    I heard they were using Crowler's Grandma's DNA as a cost-savings, thinking they would be similar enough to work. I injected 1nmol @ 5am, and 12 hours later I've knitted 45 scarves, 3 pairs of socks, a tuke, and 2 sweaters.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  19. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,462
    Rep Power
    4172663

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Weird...I took some of Crowler's DNA and ended up growing breasts and getting VERY good at knitting.





    Maybe I should re-think that...
  20. NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
    Board Sponsor
    workin2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,556
    Rep Power
    1424

    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    lol

    I am definitely happy with the results so far. I am still over 200, actually gained a couple pounds when I started mega dosing EXCELL, and have a 33" waist.

    I did an aquabike/triathlon race this past weekend. I averaged 23.5 MPH in a 15 mile per hour wind. My bike time was 7th best out of 300 people, not bad for a grandpa AND outweighing the other top finishers by 40 - 50 lbs


    Dsade, Sure you could lose a little fat but you shouldn't call them breasts


    CROWLER

    Congrats on your performance in the Triathlon! Those really are impressive numbers!

    I need to purchase some Excell from you BTW...I'm about to go into a calorie deficient state and will need all the help I can get

    Workin
  21. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,549
    Rep Power
    4829

    Meant to add I was ALREADY doing higher levels of Posidon which eliminated 99% of DOMS even after some TOUGH weight workouts followed by some fierce bike sprint workouts.


    CROWLER
  22. NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
    Board Sponsor
    workin2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,556
    Rep Power
    1424

    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    Meant to add I was ALREADY doing higher levels of Posidon which eliminated 99% of DOMS even after some TOUGH weight workouts followed by some fierce bike sprint workouts.


    CROWLER


    Workin
  23. Registered User
    nvr2loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    259

    That Poseidon sounds like a great product. I will definately have to try some out when I get some money.
  24. NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
    Board Sponsor
    workin2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,556
    Rep Power
    1424

    Quote Originally Posted by nvr2loud View Post
    That Poseidon sounds like a great product. I will definately have to try some out when I get some money.
    I'd be interested in your feedback nvr2loud

    Lovin the Avy BTW

    Workin
  25. Registered User
    nvr2loud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    259

    Quote Originally Posted by workin2005 View Post
    I'd be interested in your feedback nvr2loud

    Lovin the Avy BTW

    Workin
    Yeah, I will definately leave feedback for it when I do purchase it. May be awhile yet, cause the funds are not there right now. But I will make sure I give my $.02 on it when the time comes.
    Thanks and yeah, Gizmo rocks! LOL
  26. Registered User
    ICantRunFast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    169

    wow ! thanx everyone for the advice....I put my order in for the lipoderm to help with the abdominals and i already picked up BCAA's and had some glutamine....

    another question....if i took a fat burner ( lipo6 etc...) would this impede any protien synthesis or test process ?
  27. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11888

    Quote Originally Posted by ICantRunFast View Post
    wow ! thanx everyone for the advice....I put my order in for the lipoderm to help with the abdominals and i already picked up BCAA's and had some glutamine....

    another question....if i took a fat burner ( lipo6 etc...) would this impede any protien synthesis or test process ?
    I don't think lipo-6 would be an issue, but be sure to look at all the ingredients in the drugs you're taking: some may and some may not.

    Berberine, a newer compound in weight-loss pills, has some data suggesting that it may impede protein synthesis.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  28. Registered User
    ICantRunFast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    169

    thanx for the advice...i think i'm gonna try lipo6x...i havent heard anything too bad about it and i'll get 20% off with the cool gold club GNC card woohoo...

    I've also read some really great things about poseidon..aparently the niacin flush in it is worth the purchase alone...let us kno !
  29. NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
    Board Sponsor
    workin2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,556
    Rep Power
    1424

    Talking


    Quote Originally Posted by ICantRunFast View Post
    thanx for the advice...i think i'm gonna try lipo6x...i havent heard anything too bad about it and i'll get 20% off with the cool gold club GNC card woohoo...

    I've also read some really great things about poseidon..aparently the niacin flush in it is worth the purchase alone...let us kno !


    Workin
  30. Registered User
    ICantRunFast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    169

    i'm learnin.....now i just have to stop postin/sourcin on how much i dont like G*C...haha....AM is def. the best....recomp here i come... arrrrrrr
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Fat burning muscle building stack
    By bo0omer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 02:38 PM
  2. THE ULTIMATE Fat burning / Muscle Building Stack
    By eazy90 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 02:24 PM
  3. Critique my fat burning/muscle potentiating capsule.
    By jezzab05 in forum Custom Capsule
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 11:06 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-06-2006, 11:29 AM
  5. Burning muscle or fat?
    By Jayhawkk in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-25-2006, 02:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in