Safe fat burner for my 50 year old mom?

RoboGiblets

RoboGiblets

Awards
Yesterday my mom came to me and asked me about a couple of products from GNC which appeared to be generic thermogenics, asking me about their effectiveness and safety.

I told her not to purchase either because I wasn't educated on the products, and to let me find something for her.

However, I have no idea about what would and wouldn't be safe and effective for an older woman.

She is 5'7", 160 pounds, 50 years old, and no health complications. I believe she weight trains twice a week with a trainer, and takes a couple cardio classes every week. She is very good about her nutrition and diet, making sure to eat well proportioned meals spread evenly throughout the day.

Anyway, if anyone has any experience with or can recommend a product, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SesaThin would be a good start. I would suggest going for non-stims considering her age.

RoboGiblets

RoboGiblets

Awards
Would a cortisol blocker like lean xtreme do anything?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let's see who can spot the bad one:

Green Tea Extract, Sesamin, or Dinitrophenol

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Uhhhhh, DNP?
I had that one sesame street song stuck in my head when I was posting for some reason. ("One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong"). Uhhhh, It's been a long day. :(

scooterbolt

Awards
No one suggested sex??
After reading all these post and getting soooo confused over all the opinions on the boards....KUDOS to Jayhawk!!!! I'm taking his advice on this slimming workout...3 reps Sex 4-5 times daliy!!B

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
lol, would you tell your mom she needs to have lots of sex to slim down???
funny stuff :)

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I am taking ALRIs special tactics right now. It is a non-stimulatory formula. I dont know if it would make her any better in the sack, but so far, so good. :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm also interested if anybody else has some other suggestions. My mom / little sis would get scared if I tried to put them on some weird powders, but if there's some pills that are pretty safe and would help them shed the fat a bit faster they would definitely go for it. I know they've asked me in the past about fat burners.