Belly Fat Loss HELP!

P

PSJ02388

Awards
I started cutting about a month ago and completly altered my diet from bulking to a clean high protein diet. Ive been going to the gym every day for about 2-2.5 hours lifting for about an hour and a half and cardio for the rest. i havent seen much decrease in BF expecialy in the stomach area. i have also been using jet fuel to help with the decreasing of BF. Any one have any advice or motivation to loosing the BF? i would estimate i ahve anywhere from 12 to 16% BF. I am also taking labrada's super charge to help increase muscle pump and vascularity which is also an issure im dealing with.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just make sure your diet is where it needs to be and keep at it. Also, don't look for fat loss in specific places like your stomach, look for overall fat loss. Your stomach could very likely be the last place you lose the fat from; I know that's how it is with my body. Just stay consistent and look for overall changes. Stay with the diet until you stop seeing favorable results from it and then change it in some way (cycle carbs, lower calories, etc...). Stick with it and you'll lose it in time.

SprtNvolcoM

SprtNvolcoM

On a Mission!
Awards
  • Established
I'll agree with the above post ... when you lose Bf, it is lost from each fat cell in the body; your cells don't pick and choose which one will give up fatty acids for energy. This is why you will notice quicker fat lose in areas with less fat cells; such as the outer extremities. There is no such things as spot reducing. Most people's problem areas is the lower abdominal, hips, @$$ and thighs. For me it is no difference. I'm vascular as hell right now (leaning out very nicely), yet I still have love handles and a small pooch.

Diet (possibly try lower carbs at least in the evenings) and a steady cardio routine are tried and true methods. Of course, you can always experiment with different sups (I find Lipo-U works well for me) and what not, but nothing is going to work like a good diet and cardio routine.

Hope this helps,
Sprt

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bump on the Lipo-U.

Also, how is your carb intake? Sometimes too low carb intake will stall fatloss, and you will need to incorporate a Refeed day every week or two to keep fat burning humming along.

Also, be careful with overtraining, which will throw your cortisol levels WAY out of whack, making it exceedingly difficult to lose bellyfat.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I started cutting about a month ago and completly altered my diet from bulking to a clean high protein diet. Ive been going to the gym every day for about 2-2.5 hours lifting for about an hour and a half and cardio for the rest. i havent seen much decrease in BF expecialy in the stomach area. i have also been using jet fuel to help with the decreasing of BF. Any one have any advice or motivation to loosing the BF? i would estimate i ahve anywhere from 12 to 16% BF. I am also taking labrada's super charge to help increase muscle pump and vascularity which is also an issure im dealing with.
If you're training for 2-2.5 hours every day.......that's a bit extreme. You're body is probably going to go into "conservation mode", meaning your resting metabolism will drop like crazy in an attempt to conserve stored energy (i.e. fat). What's your body temperature first thing in the morning? I'll bet it's below 98 F.

Vascularity will increase as bf decreases. I'm not a big fan of arginine products, and I don't think it's really useful for building vasularity. The best thing to do to get them veins to pop out is to do super-slow (TUT) reps, and perhaps use glycerin to boost blood volume.

SprtNvolcoM

SprtNvolcoM

On a Mission!
Awards
  • Established
[...] The best thing to do to get them veins to pop out is to do super-slow (TUT) reps [...]
Care to elaborate? I'm just curious to hear your reasoning behind this statement...

Much appreciated,
Sprt

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Care to elaborate? I'm just curious to hear your reasoning behind this statement...

Much appreciated,
Sprt
Agreed...I want to hear more.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just from my experience from doing super-slow repetitions, and the fact that I have some pretty sick vascularity that I attribute to using them. I mean genetics probably pay a bigger role in the whole matter, but it was when I started doing super-slows that my veins really started popping out in places like my arms, chest, and shoulders. My theory behind it being that it draws more and more blood to the muscle, and really stretches out your veins.

Sorry to get you guys excited, the science behind my madness isn't as innovative as you were probably hoping.

nvr2loud

nvr2loud

Awards
  • Established
I think that the slower Time Under Tension(TUT) reps you have allow you to get a better Mind-Muscle connection for the muscle that you are working. Puts more focus/stress on the muscle and allows it to be torned down more, therefore making more room to grow. IDK, that is my whole opinion on that matter, but I am a firm believer in the Mind-Muscle connection when I lift.

SprtNvolcoM

SprtNvolcoM

On a Mission!
Awards
  • Established
TUT has it is place, no doubt ... I just fail to see how it would help increase vascularity. Honestly, genetics is a bigger determining factor than your style of training in regard to vascularity.

Just my opinion,
Sprt

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
TUT has it is place, no doubt ... I just fail to see how it would help increase vascularity. Honestly, genetics is a bigger determining factor than your style of training in regard to vascularity.

Just my opinion,
Sprt
Like I said, there's not too much science behind it, but then again there's not much science behind NO products. I will say doing 'special sets' (like TUT, dropsets, etc.) will give a better pump than an NO stimulator, it's cheaper than an NO stimulator, and there's about as much (if not more) science behind them than an NO stimulator. Are you noticing a trend with my opinion of NO products?

nvr2loud

nvr2loud

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I agree that vascularity is more based on genetics, but will improve the bigger and more leaner you get.

SprtNvolcoM

SprtNvolcoM

On a Mission!
Awards
  • Established
Along side the genetics factor we obviously have to consider the BF% factor. Your not going to see a dude with good vascularity & +20% BF regardless of his style of training. It's just not possible.

NO products are 100% hype, IMO. But hey, if the pump is what turns you on, then more power to you. That's all your getting, a pump (and the turn on I guess, lol). Its been said time and time again ... pumps have absolutely zero effect on muscle hypertrophy; there is no association there. Pumps are cool at times (I agree), but there not something you want to gage progress by or judge muscle growth with.

Lastly, I don't think its about having to have the science to back your opinion or not. You just have to make a distinction ... is this something you believe which has scientific bases & can be proven to be true or is this something you just simply believe to be true. There is nothing wrong with believing in something that may or may not have any scientific backing.

Thanks,
Sprt

P

PSJ02388

Awards
i tried the TUT reps and my pumps were much better than during my priviouse workouts, im gonna keep working out like that and see if the vascualrity shows up and if not the pumps are still great so ill still proboly continue to use TUT

carriong

carriong

Awards
Hi im Gerry and am new here, i have stopped training for 5 yrs now and just started again. I went from 205lbs 8.9% bodyfat to where I am now at 285lbs and the scale says that im 54% bodyfat.
Im having a hard time with energy levels and motivation at the gym, ive been out of the loop for a while and am looking for some helpful advice.
Thanks much,
Gerry

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi im Gerry and am new here, i have stopped training for 5 yrs now and just started again. I went from 205lbs 8.9% bodyfat to where I am now at 285lbs and the scale says that im 54% bodyfat.
Im having a hard time with energy levels and motivation at the gym, ive been out of the loop for a while and am looking for some helpful advice.
Thanks much,
Gerry
Hijacker! (Just Kidding)

Well your first step would be to re-assess your diet. Eat 6 smaller meals, spaced throughout the day, eat your veggies, take your vitamins, the whole 9 yards. The effects of just doing this will seem monumental, especially if you've been slacking in the diet department. Whatever your goal may be, you'll never get their without proper diet.

Next step is to define your goal. You're getting back into the gym, but why? What are you trying to accomplish by going to the gym (be as specific as you possibly can!). I can't tell you how important it is to have a definite goal to work towards.
I started working out at my college's gym when I was a freshman, and 3 years later I see the same sub-par bodied people that I saw back then. That's 3 years at a gym with nothing to show for it. That sort of thing just screams lack of goal-setting and lack of planning. Which brings me to the 3rd step: the Plan.

Once you've got yourself eating correctly, a goal, and a plan of attack. Post it all somewhere in the forum, and a bunch of us will be more than happy to help you critique.

In closing, remember this: it's 0% diet, 0% training and 100% both.

carriong

carriong

Awards
Hijacker! (Just Kidding)

Well your first step would be to re-assess your diet. Eat 6 smaller meals, spaced throughout the day, eat your veggies, take your vitamins, the whole 9 yards. The effects of just doing this will seem monumental, especially if you've been slacking in the diet department. Whatever your goal may be, you'll never get their without proper diet.

Next step is to define your goal. You're getting back into the gym, but why? What are you trying to accomplish by going to the gym (be as specific as you possibly can!). I can't tell you how important it is to have a definite goal to work towards.
I started working out at my college's gym when I was a freshman, and 3 years later I see the same sub-par bodied people that I saw back then. That's 3 years at a gym with nothing to show for it. That sort of thing just screams lack of goal-setting and lack of planning. Which brings me to the 3rd step: the Plan.

Once you've got yourself eating correctly, a goal, and a plan of attack. Post it all somewhere in the forum, and a bunch of us will be more than happy to help you critique.

In closing, remember this: it's 0% diet, 0% training and 100% both.
This sounds like a really good beginning for me, I will begin to construct a diet and monitoring my workouts with a goal!
Thanks much!
gerry

SprtNvolcoM

SprtNvolcoM

On a Mission!
Awards
  • Established
i tried the TUT reps and my pumps were much better than during my priviouse workouts, im gonna keep working out like that and see if the vascualrity shows up and if not the pumps are still great so ill still proboly continue to use TUT
lol, see if "it" (vascularity) shows up? lol, what? You guys just don't get it ... vascularity is not something that just happens, its not something that can be obtained through stylized training. You either have it or you don't. Its all about genetics & current BF percentage. TUT, or any other style of training for that matter, is not going to make you more vascular. Clean dieting, decreasing your BF, and a natural predisposition to being vascular are the few determining factor here. Veins just don't pop up over night, and they especially don't care which type of training you indulge in.

lol, come on ...
Sprt

Sorry ... I just can't seem to let this thread go. I'm done trying to make my point, however. Carry on with your conversations.

*unsubscribed*

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol, see if "it" (vascularity) shows up? lol, what? You guys just don't get it ... vascularity is not something that just happens, its not something that can be obtained through stylized training. You either have it or you don't. Its all about genetics & current BF percentage. TUT, or any other style of training for that matter, is not going to make you more vascular. Clean dieting, decreasing your BF, and a natural predisposition to being vascular are the few determining factor here. Veins just don't pop up over night, and they especially don't care which type of training you indulge in.

lol, come on ...
Sprt

Sorry ... I just can't seem to let this thread go. I'm done trying to make my point, however. Carry on with your conversations.

*unsubscribed*
It's also created through VEGF (I think that's the name of it), a hormone released during strenuous exercise. I'm not saying that TUT is the end all solution, but rather I had noticed significant increases in vascularity during the years which I had trained with said training style.

Thaiclinch

Thaiclinch

Awards
Bump on the Lipo-U.

Also, how is your carb intake? Sometimes too low carb intake will stall fatloss, and you will need to incorporate a Refeed day every week or two to keep fat burning humming along.

Also, be careful with overtraining, which will throw your cortisol levels WAY out of whack, making it exceedingly difficult to lose bellyfat.
As far as a refeed day goes, once a week how many carbs should I be intaking on that day at 260lbs 22%bf and under 1500 calories daily with 40 min cardio 5 times a week and lifting 5 times a week?? thanks

Skyblue

Skyblue

Awards
Well.......... I must have close to 20% bf from my first year at college, but my the veins in my arms have gone nuts (not from heroin thanks) while every other part of my body has turned into phat

prophet469

prophet469

Awards
TUT and fat burning.

I've been really stubborn, but I am trying to get out of that phase. I have really heaved some heavy weight in the gym. I've wowed some people, but that has not given me the kind of physique I've wanted.

TUT forces me to lower the weights and concentrate on the movement. Lowering the weight allows me to get more reps, and waste less time resting between sets. If I keep my form and time mgmt tight, I can really feel the burn in the muscles I am working. Higher reps, shorter rest, I've learned, really gives you that GH spurt, due to the higher intensity, which helps you burn fat.

This is really the only use for the NO products. They have arginine, which boosts NO, which supposedly further boosts GH levels. (The pump fades, and their value is in the 3 cups worth of caffiene per serving)

High intensity for short bursts maintained with little rest time. an OTC GH boster (arginine) before bed, and a good dient. I am hoping that shaves fat from my waist.