Making your own fat burning supplement

Rumpnuts

Rumpnuts

Awards
I was thinking about mixing a few good fat burning agents at recomended dosages and capping them to make my own cost effective weight loss supplement to help out with my up and coming cutting cycle. I'm thinking about including the following...

Green tea extract
TTA
raspbarry ketones
Yohimbine
Acetyl L-Carnitine

and maybe some sorce of caffine maybe garana or green coffee beans... what do you guys think, would you consider a mix like this over kill. I would definitly start the mix at a light dose to judge the effects.

deuce747

deuce747

Awards
i have thought about doing this as well, but i'm not sure how cost effective it would be. I dont know where to buy the raw materials in bulk and i dont know how long it would take to cap 180+ pills. You should try it and let us know!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Capping 180 pills really is not that bad. I'm not sure how long it takes others, but I could probably do that in about 30-40minutes including clean up (while watching TV...maybe quicker if I did just the capping).

You might want to do more research on your ingredients though. More is not always better and some things are best not mixed with others. I can't remember what it was, but I remember deciding to leave out yohimbine for one reason or another...sorry, but I can't remember why.

Rumpnuts

Rumpnuts

Awards
I've seen Yohimbine mixed with green tea and all types of caffine in alot of stuff I've taken before... But I'm not shure about the rest of the ingredients I'm looking at. I might just do a trial run at low dose to weigh the effects but, it would be much safer if I knew what not to mix. I'll search around alittle tonight after school and see what I can find. If anyone else has and opion about a good mix it would be much apriciated.

Also I'm getting all the powders from nutraplant of course. I'm going to try to run down the prices and see if it really would be cheaper than the leading products.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was thinking about mixing a few good fat burning agents at recomended dosages and capping them to make my own cost effective weight loss supplement to help out with my up and coming cutting cycle. I'm thinking about including the following...

Green tea extract
TTA
raspbarry ketones
Yohimbine
Acetyl L-Carnitine

and maybe some sorce of caffine maybe garana or green coffee beans... what do you guys think, would you consider a mix like this over kill. I would definitly start the mix at a light dose to judge the effects.
Speak of the devil. I just got done combining green tea with and RK about 45 minutes ago

Just some advice: You can break up that fluffy clump that is the Raspberry Ketones with a wire wisk, and it will mix very very easily with other powders. Just mix it with one of the more abundant powders, and break and mix away.

I think you've got a pretty good stack going on there; however, I would take the caffeine separately: if you put too much in a cap, it's hard to alter dosages of the individual components. Cap it up, combine with a ketogenic diet and some cardio and that fat will 'fly' off. :thumbsup:

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Or you could just save yourself the trouble and buy DCP, same thing.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Or you could just save yourself the trouble and buy DCP, same thing.
What's the fun in that? Then you have no reason to put on a lab coat and pretend to be a mad scientist. Not to mention you can make some pretty nice cost savings when you cap it all yourself. Not to mention capping it yourself keeps your hands from shoveling potato chips in you mouth while watching seinfeld.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
...Cap it up, combine with a ketogenic diet and some cardio and that fat will 'fly' off. :thumbsup:
Oh yeah...that was why I decided to drop the yohimbine...I could never do a ketogenic diet, lol.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh yeah...that was why I decided to drop the yohimbine...I could never do a ketogenic diet, lol.
Oh man, TTA and Yohimbine in the abscence of carbs. I really like the sound of that one.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is that what you use? FWIIR of your old avy, you're pretty lean, right?

I see you lurking Rogue :thumbsup:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The oral dose of Yohimbine necessary to get a good fat burning effect is also at a level that will create excess CNS stimulation with anxiety and/or aggression in many users, it's pretty harsh stuff.

If I was going to make a homebrew fat burning combo, I would mix bulk Chocamine and High ECGC Green Tea Extract and Raspberry Ketones.

I've never done the cost numbers, I'll assume I could save 30 - 40% of the cost per dose versus caps of existing premades, and it would be probably be at least 30-40% less effective than a combo like AX's Stim X and Avant's HEAT, a poor tradeoff in effectiveness and convinence to me.
Strange, I've never really had any sides from Yohimbine, except for the much welcomed CNS Stim effect. Thanks for the heads-up though.

I agree (to an extent) or at least see where you're coming on homebrewing being a poor trade-off. It's most effective in "trimming the fat off" (no pun inteded) of an existing formulation.

PSJ02388

Awards
so how efficiant and effective are these home made fat loss sups. ?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
so how efficiant and effective are these home made fat loss sups. ?
Depends on the formulation. If you know what you're doing, you can put together a cheap and effective protocol pretty easily.

bjj6569

Awards
?

I've been looking for a recommended dose of the rasp ketones, i see a lot of formulations use 125 mg for oral(effective?) - is there a rule of thumb with this stuff for and topical use? thanks

EDIT: ok found it