Can any one help me?

madmike0311

Awards
I'm in a bet with my wife to loose weight. I know my diet sucks, and could use some helpfull advice. I know I need to eat 4-5 small meals. But with kids its kind of hard. Right now I'm 5'10" 230lbs and want to drop around 20-25lbs.

Can someone help me out with a simple easy to follow diet? And should I take a supplement to help, if so which one? Thanks.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The best advice is do a search or just read trough all the weight loss and fat loss threads.I wouldnt even think of supplements until you have the basics down otherwise your wasting your money IMO...Most important find a diet or as I like to call it an eating plan that works for you and keep it simple..

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
chase the kids around more ;)

Eat smaller meals during the work week and try the best you can on the weekend, that's how I do it. Are you only dieting? No cardio or weights?

madmike0311

Awards
I am starting a 45 min cardio routine, and using some weights at home.

Thaiclinch

Thaiclinch

Awards
What is your plan for doing cardio? Like what intensity? How many times a week? Morning or night? On an empty stomach or not? Gl man, How long do you have to drop that kind of weight?:pizza:

Can you resist temptation??

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
kids need 4-5 small meals a day too. they have small stomachs and lots of energy so they need to refuel often. my kids snack with me. just make yourself eat small snacks.

madmike0311

Awards
I'm not to sure what kindda cardio to do. I was gonna try to run while my kiddies are at the park, and my apartment complex has a couple of elipticals(spelling?). I dont have a time table, but the soooner the better, I have a couple of weddings this year. Thanks for all the info!

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
I'm not to sure what kindda cardio to do. I was gonna try to run while my kiddies are at the park, and my apartment complex has a couple of elipticals(spelling?). I dont have a time table, but the soooner the better, I have a couple of weddings this year. Thanks for all the info!

ellipticals are good, easier on the knees
start off ez and gradually increate time and intensity, but diet is going to be the hardest

Thaiclinch

Thaiclinch

Awards
Research HIIT cardio training and Sprint 8 training. get a cheap Polar heart rate monitor for like 40 buck at your local sporting good store and research doing interval heart rate training. Thats the best advice I can give ya man. If you do it it WILL work....Just dont eat the pizza in my previous post and youll be fine.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
As to diet, you should start eating oatmeal. It's low calorie, high fiber, fills you up and clears out the bad cholesterol.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
try to be consistent. don't go too crazy at first, you'll just dread all of it & not stick with it. it takes some time.

NDjets78

Awards
I know I need to eat 4-5 small meals. But with kids its kind of hard.
I hear ya man. I have no kids, Im only 22. But I do work and go to school and I know its not always easy to sit down and have a meal. Look into maybe an MRP or RTD protein. These are quick and portable. Dont rely on these too much though just use em when you cant get a whole food meal.

Good luck man.