- 02-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Bodybuilding.com - Alwyn Cosgrove - Energy System Training For Fat Loss!
anybody know of this or have any opinions on it? didn't really look like any new ideas. the alternating high/low intensity thing mostly.
- 02-11-2007, 01:17 PM
anyhow, i believe the guy advocates a "hit" type cardio, & states that low level cardio is fairly useless. i wonder this myself, as my 30 min walks @ like 4mph first thing/empty stomach have not seemed to yield strong results. i wonder how different it would be to just cut 300 cals off the days meal plan. just like to see what others think.
02-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Yeah, he's referring to HIIT style of cardio. I'm a huge fan of this, and feel it significantly increases your metabolism for the rest of the day, where walking does not.
Also, walking 2 mi on an empty stomach is not that much. Assuming you weight 200lbs, that's only about 300 Calories your burning.
Athletic Xtreme Rep
Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
02-12-2007, 03:18 AM
Alwyn's stuff is really good. It's not even geared towards bodybuilders per se, and you can STILL gain useful knowledge from it. I have his program design bible, & I'd recommend it to anyone, regardless of sport.
Similar Forum Threads
- By bigswole30 in forum Supplement AuctionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-03-2009, 01:52 PM
- By maggmaster in forum AnabolicsReplies: 3Last Post: 08-19-2003, 01:04 AM
- By Hal in forum General ChatReplies: 8Last Post: 03-27-2003, 08:51 PM
- By Biggs in forum General ChatReplies: 11Last Post: 02-02-2003, 12:31 AM
- By sage in forum General ChatReplies: 7Last Post: 12-20-2002, 10:56 AM