Wrestling Coach forgets how to cut. Please Help

Bisi06

Awards
Wrestling Coach forgets how to cut. Please Help me find a supplement stack.

I have naturally been in pretty decent shape for most of my life but recently my metabolism and years of taking my health for granted have been catching up to me. Love handles and a less defined chest (Possibly the beginning of man breast:() have been my signal to get back in shape. I am improving my diet but nothing drastic. Cutting out all fried food, red meat and lowering my sugar intake. I eat relatively healthy anyhow. I'm 27 y.o., 5'8, 190lbs and want to get down to 165-170. I work out mostly when coaching (wrestling) but hardly ever get a full workout because I have to pay attention to the wrestlers of course. I plan to start a running/biking routine along with a simple push/pull/sit-up routine and work with resistance bands and squats. When the season ends I will begin a jkd/muay thai class. I don't know how to measure body fat but my scale says 28%. It's a cheap scale that keeps breaking but during my wrestling career and throughout college I see-sawed between 5 and 9% body fat wrestling at 160, so i might just be that fat.
Please help me in beginning my journey to get fit again and start training. I want a stack that will help me burn fat without losing muscle and give me the energy to be motivated for the workouts that I plan. I've seen so many product choices, it's impossible to decide. Please give me suggestions as I would like to purchase supplements this week and begin my voyage.
Bisi

PS something for my ligaments, joints, and liver would be helpful as well. Any additional advise will be much appreciated.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
I have naturally been in pretty decent shape for most of my life but recently my metabolism and years of taking my health for granted have been catching up to me. Love handles and a less defined chest (Possibly the beginning of man breast:() have been my signal to get back in shape. I am improving my diet but nothing drastic. Cutting out all fried food, red meat and lowering my sugar intake. I eat relatively healthy anyhow. I'm 27 y.o., 5'8, 190lbs and want to get down to 165-170. I work out mostly when coaching (wrestling) but hardly ever get a full workout because I have to pay attention to the wrestlers of course. I plan to start a running/biking routine along with a simple push/pull/sit-up routine and work with resistance bands and squats. When the season ends I will begin a jkd/muay thai class. I don't know how to measure body fat but my scale says 28%. It's a cheap scale that keeps breaking but during my wrestling career and throughout college I see-sawed between 5 and 9% body fat wrestling at 160, so i might just be that fat.
Please help me in beginning my journey to get fit again and start training. I want a stack that will help me burn fat without losing muscle and give me the energy to be motivated for the workouts that I plan. I've seen so many product choices, it's impossible to decide. Please give me suggestions as I would like to purchase supplements this week and begin my voyage.
Bisi

PS something for my ligaments, joints, and liver would be helpful as well. Any additional advise will be much appreciated.
Hi Bisi,

Welcome to AM ;-)

I would encourage you to be sure and make your diet the basis for the new program you would like to start. Educate yourself and good sources of protein, carbs and fat. Outline your meal and exercise plan on paper. Trust me...it will save you from a great deal of frustration.

That said...Try this stack. It's not fancy, but it's very effective and will give you the results your looking for....ASSUMING YOU FOLLOW A PROPER DIET AND EXERCISE PROGRAM....

Heat by Avant Labs
Fish oil w/ concentrated epa/dha (I like NOW "Super EPA")
Multi Vitamin (I like "Daily Vit's" by NOW)
Poseidon by Nimbus Nutrition
Whey Protein Isolate by Anabolic Innovations

As far as your joint pain, I would experiment with 1/2 a tablespoon of Flax oil twice daily. This does wonders for my joints and add another healthy source of EFA's to my diet. I put it on Salads or directly into my protein shakes.

All of these products are available on Nutra Planet:
Sport Nutrition Supplements for Bodybuilding and Fitness needs

Shoot me an email, and I'll be happy to forward you a basic outline of a good diet and exercise program that would be effective for you and where you are currently... [email protected]

Hope this helps and good luck ;-)

Workin

Bisi06

Awards
Thanks Workin!!

I'm going to start with everything you suggested but Heat is no longer available on the given website. Is this something I can purchase from Nimbus or is there a good substitute? Also I read in a post you responded to about patches that target specific areas of fat, are these worth the purchase?
Thanks again for the advice. I'll post my routine and results in time. This has definitely been the most informative and well organized sites I've been to.

Bisi

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
HEAT is now only available direct to consumer.

Avant Labs

Don't worry- we're not having problems as a company. There's just a restructuring going on due to a big new project coming very soon.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to start with everything you suggested but Heat is no longer available on the given website. Is this something I can purchase from Nimbus or is there a good substitute? Also I read in a post you responded to about patches that target specific areas of fat, are these worth the purchase?
Thanks again for the advice. I'll post my routine and results in time. This has definitely been the most informative and well organized sites I've been to.

Bisi
Your welcome Bisi...my pleasure,

Another good fat burner that is not too fancy, but will get the job done...and is cost effective...is "Basic Cuts" by Designer Supplements. It is available at Nutra Planet if you just wanted to pick everything up at once:
Designer Supplements

Otherwise, HEAT can be picked up on the Avant Lab web site as posted above.

As far as "patches" for spot fat reduction...not a big fan personally. I think where you are, you would be just waisting your money on a product like that. If your competing and looking to shed the last few millimeters from your mid section a week prior to a show...then maybe. Other than that, I would just stick with the basic supplement program outlined. With the right diet and exercise program, it will produce excellent results.

Good luck and keep me updated on your progress :thumbsup:

Workin

Bisi06

Awards
This board is The Shizznit!!!

I've been going to GNC and vitamin shoppe looking for a stack and no one in there knew enough to answer my questions. I come here and in less than one day I get exactly what I was looking for.

So i ordered everything plus lipo derm ultra. Should I add any amino acids or creatine? Should I get any liver health supplements?

Thanks for the heads up Savage.

Bisi

Workin,
I just got your reply but I already ordered the lipo derm. Maybe I'll hold onto it until I'm closer to my goals. My problem is the only place my weight is truly obvious for now is my love handles and my belly. My chest has just recently begin a little jiggly action. I'm running today for as long as my knees will hold up (Not long) then will practice with the boys pretty hard because we have the States coming up. So begins the long road to a better body.

Once again Gracias

"Fitness is a Journey, Not a destination"
-Back of a bag of chips

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bisi, Lipoderm-Ultra will help you get rid of some of the fat on your chest, belly, and love handles. It's usually best when you're 15% bodyfat or less and trying to get rid of the stubborn patches that won't seem to go away, but you can certainly use it when you're above 15% and get some benefit.

If you add in capsaicin, you get an unbelievable spot reduction experience- but be warned, it burns. You get used to it after a while, though.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I've been going to GNC and vitamin shoppe looking for a stack and no one in there knew enough to answer my questions. I come here and in less than one day I get exactly what I was looking for.

So i ordered everything plus lipo derm ultra. Should I add any amino acids or creatine? Should I get any liver health supplements?

Thanks for the heads up Savage.

Bisi

Workin,
I just got your reply but I already ordered the lipo derm. Maybe I'll hold onto it until I'm closer to my goals. My problem is the only place my weight is truly obvious for now is my love handles and my belly. My chest has just recently begin a little jiggly action. I'm running today for as long as my knees will hold up (Not long) then will practice with the boys pretty hard because we have the States coming up. So begins the long road to a better body.

Once again Gracias

"Fitness is a Journey, Not a destination"
-Back of a bag of chips
Bisi,

I would hang onto your Lipo Derm until you begin to drop your body fat a bit more. Then perhaps use it once you reach a plateau.

You should be getting adequate amino acids from your Protein Shakes and whole foods so that shouldn't be an issue.

Creatine would help with recovery and strength...if you decide to use it, I would start with a low dose of CEE (maybe 2-3 grams pre workout). Creatine Mono is effective as well, it just tends to bloat many people.

Have you had a blood test showing poor liver values or are you just concerned with maintaining general health. I think you have everything you need for now unless you're having liver problems...if that's the case, you may want to look into products like Mike Thistle, etc...

Good luck and, as I said, keep me informed on your progress!

Workin

Bisi06

Awards
Now what?

Workin & Sir Savage
I received everything ecept for the Heat today so I want to organize my training and supplement schedule.
In what order should I take the supplements? I also noted that poseidon has the same stuff as this 5 hour energy drink I have. Will it be ok to mix with Heat when Heat arrives? I also added Gut Health, Creakic, Complete green mega ultra, and as I said Lipoderm ultra to my order.

Is a light bike ride in the morning
wrestling or martial arts around 3pm 3-4x/week + calisthenics
Resistance band work in the evening w/ shadowboxing push/sit-ups and squats a decent start or should I go harder considering the supplements I'm taking?

Thanks for all the help.
Bisi:think:

"Delores breezed along the surface of her life like a flat stone forever skipping along smooth water, rippling reality sporadically but oblivious to it consistently, until she finally lost momentum, sank, and due to an over- dose of flouride as a child which caused her to suffer from chronic apathy, doomed herself to lie forever on the floor of her life as useless as an appendix and as lonely as a five-hundred pound barbell in a steroid-free fitness center."

Winning sentence, 1990 Bulwer-Lytton bad fiction contest.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Workin & Sir Savage
I received everything ecept for the Heat today so I want to organize my training and supplement schedule.
In what order should I take the supplements? I also noted that poseidon has the same stuff as this 5 hour energy drink I have. Will it be ok to mix with Heat when Heat arrives? I also added Gut Health, Creakic, Complete green mega ultra, and as I said Lipoderm ultra to my order.

Is a light bike ride in the morning
wrestling or martial arts around 3pm 3-4x/week + calisthenics
Resistance band work in the evening w/ shadowboxing push/sit-ups and squats a decent start or should I go harder considering the supplements I'm taking?

Thanks for all the help.
Bisi:think:

"Delores breezed along the surface of her life like a flat stone forever skipping along smooth water, rippling reality sporadically but oblivious to it consistently, until she finally lost momentum, sank, and due to an over- dose of flouride as a child which caused her to suffer from chronic apathy, doomed herself to lie forever on the floor of her life as useless as an appendix and as lonely as a five-hundred pound barbell in a steroid-free fitness center."

Winning sentence, 1990 Bulwer-Lytton bad fiction contest.

Can you list whats in your energy drink?

Poseidon is just fine to mix with most supplements. Here is the recommended dosing protocol:
Recommended dosing protocol- For the best results, Poseidon should be used as follows:1. First thing in the morning on an empty stomach or with a protein shake or light meal.
2. Before, during and after workouts* (Suggestion: Put 2-3 servings in a water bottle and start sipping on it 10 minutes prior to workout and finish about the time workout is complete)
3. In the evening before bed.

I think you'll find Poseidon to be a very different animal than any other supplement or energy drink you may have tried. Here's the link to the write up...Nimbus Nutrition- When Performance is Everything

As far as HEAT, I would need to know what your other energy drink contains, but I would imagine it would be fine to take along with it.

Your training looks like a great start. I would give it a week to 10 days and then look at increasing your intensity and perhaps adding a few compound movements.

Workin

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
The BF scales don't work... at all. Get some calipers.

Omega-3 fish oil will help with both your joints and weight loss. Take 4-6 gelcaps/day.

Start tracking your diet at fitday.com. This will give you an idea of how many kCals you're eating as well as carbs, protein, fat, etc. Once you've tracked for a few weeks to get a baseline, try reducing your daily calorie intake by 500 kcals/day. If you're maintaining weight with your current diet, then cutting 500 kcals/day should allow you to lose about 1 lb/week.

As for supps, at your currently high BF% you really don't need much. In addition to fish oil, I recommend green tea extract (standardized to 50% EGCG, try to get 400mg EGCG 1-2x per day) and AvantLabs SesaThin. These are both low on sides and will help partition nutrients away from fat. HEAT is a great thermogenic, and can be added if you want, but in my opinion thermos are best saved for when you have a lower BF. (It will also help with appetite suppression, if this is a problem.) IMO, Poseidon is unlikely to be very helpful for weightloss (based on the ingredients).

90% of your results will be based on diet, so you really shouldn't take many supplements at first. You can add them later if necessary.

Some general guidelines:

For carbs, try to stay away from sugary and highly processed foods and focus on less processed foods like whole grain bread and pasta, oats, etc.

For fats, minimize saturated fat.

Rather than eating 2-3 big meals per day, try to eat 5-6 smaller meals per day.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Poseidon and Fat Loss

Poseidon and Fat loss​

Hears a look at a few of the ingredients in Poseidon that aid directly and/or
indirectly in fat loss.

Inositol

Inositol also acts as a lipotropic agent in the body, helping to emulsify fats. It is especially important for the cells of bone marrow, eye tissue, and intestines. As a mild lipotropic agent, it is commonly used by overweight people to help with weight loss, and it may help in redistributing body fat. Inositol has also had some success therapeutically in improving the nerve function in diabetic patients with pain and numbness due to nerve degeneration. Generally, diabetic people should take extra inositol. People with multiple sclerosis may also receive some benefits, as there seems to be a higher percentage of inositol deficiency in nerve cell membranes in those patients.
Inositol metabolizes fats and cholesterol and aids in transporting fat in the blood system. Thus it is an aid in the redistribution of body fat. It also helps to lower cholesterol levels.

Inositol is water soluble and belongs to the vitamin B family. It is utilized by every cell in the body. Usually, it is found in combination with choline and PABA (other relatives of the vitamin B family) in multivitamins, but higher dosages of inositol offer a host of benefits. It has a calming effect, and as a lipotropic is very beneficial to the liver. Inositol prevents the accumulation of fat in the liver by aiding in the metabolism of fat and cholesterol as well as removing fats from the liver. Inositol also helps with the redistribution of body fat.
Inositol also supports a healthy cardiovascular system and encourages skin, hair, and mental health.

Getting your diet in order should be the "base" that you build on when looking to loose weight in a healthy and consistent manner. One concern when one goes on a reduced calorie diet and uses stimulants to loose weight, is the effect it may have on your Central Nervous system (CNS). I would recommend taking a good CNS regenerating product like Poseidon to combat any negative effects and keep your body operating optimally. Also, a good BCAA supplement like Excell would be a great addition and would stack very well with Poseidon.

Methylcobalamin

A healthy CNS is one of the key factors in taking weight off and keeping it off.

One of the key ingredients in Poseidon that helps maintain a health CNS is Methylcobalamin.

Methylcobalamin is the only active form of Vitamin B-12 in the Central Nervous System.
Methylcobalamin is the active form of vitamin B12 that acts as a cofactor for methionine synthase in the conversion of homocysteine to methionine, thus lowering blood levels of homocysteine. Methylcobalamin acts as a methyl donor and participates in the synthesis of SAM-e (S-adenosylmethionine), a nutrient that has powerful mood elevating properties. Vitamin B12 can be absorbed sublingually, orally, and in a doctor's office it can be given by injection.
Methylcobalamin is one of the two coenzyme forms of vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) but methyl form is used in the central nervous system. Vitamin B12 plays an important role in red blood cells, prevention and treatment of anemia, methylation reactions, and immune system regulation. Evidence indicates methylcobalamin has some metabolic and therapeutic applications not shared by the other forms of vitamin B12.
Methylcobalamin donates methyl groups to the myelin sheath that insulates nerve fibers and regenerates damaged neurons. In a B12 deficiency, toxic fatty acids destroy the myelin sheath but high enough doses of B12 can repair it….

Click here to read the entire article:
Nimbus Nutrition- When Performance is Everything
Another issue to consider when loosing weight…especially when increasing your cardio workouts, is hydration. If your body is not properly hydrated, you can’t expect optimal results from any exercise program, including one build around weight loss. Poseidon contains a precise ratio of key electrolytes that will insure every cell in your body is properly hydrated and ready to perform it’s best.

Poseidon's Proprietary Electrolyte Blend

Water makes up about 70-80% of every cell in your body. When exploring the importance of hydration, that should be enough said, right? It’s not and does not apparently explain the importance of “Proper Hydration”. The fact is that most of us lose focus on what could be the most important compound in our bodies. Without hydration your body cannot function properly, even with tasks as simple as adding 2 plus 2. Before we explore this further, let me be clear. Being properly hydrated does not mean looking “bloated” or retaining a bunch of water. Your body actually begins to retain water as you become DEHYDRATED. So even for those just concerned with cosmetic looks…this article on proper hydration is very applicable.
Water is at the heart of everything we do, literally. Water makes up the saliva that begins to break down our fuel (food). Water makes up the gastric fluids that continue the digestive process. Water makes up the blood that carries nutrients to our muscles. Water flows through our kidneys and liver to help remove dangerous toxins. Water even allows for electrical currents that flow throughout our muscles to make even the simplest of movements…..
Click here to read the full article: Nimbus Nutrition- When Performance is Everything

Taurine

Taurine is another key compound that works synergistically with every other ingredient in Poseidon that indirectly aids anyone on a weightloss program.

Taurine is the second most abundant amino acid in the muscle after glutamine. It performs several useful functions and can act in a way similar to creatine in that it expands cells by helping the muscle to hold more nutrients, thus increasing cell volume. The added benefit for bodybuilders is that these expanded muscle cells boost hydration and stimulate greater protein synthesis. This also insures that during intense cardio sessions, your body will be burning fat rather than catabolizing muscle. It also ensures you will have the energy needed to train optimally.
The best time for bodybuilders to take taurine is thirty minutes before training and again immediately afterwards as this will heighten the effect of training.

IMHO...Poseidon is very, VERY beneficial for those looking to loose body fat.

Workin