Treadmill Running

Spiral_

Awards
I was wondering how long/fast you guys go on the treadmill when trying to cut. I've always had an issue with my right leg swelling when I run and lately it's gone away and I've come to enjoy running(possibly for long distances in the near future). At the moment I just do 35 min between 5.0-7.5mph. It feels great but at the same time I'm getting a good workout. Do you guys actually go beyond 7.5? Over the past two weeks my body just seems to like it more and more and I see myself being able to go a steady 7.5mph within the next month for 30-40 minutes. Is this overkill? I'm also a pure endo, I can put on muscle easily..and I can't lose fat to save my life. I'd say i'm at 20% now. 5'7-5'8 and 194lbs, I have a good bit of muscle as well, bench pressing 305 at the moment squatting 385(though i rarely go that high), etc.

chaos254

Awards
i've have really good experiences with morning cardio on an empty stomach ... 30-60 min(start off at 30min) @ 3-4mph.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never really go above 7 on the treadmill, unless I'm getting bored or something. I used to do around 20-30 min of 6-6.5mph jogs on the tread mill about 4x a week. Worked good for me.

Spiral_

Awards
Yeah usually when I go above 7 it's to make it interesting for a few minutes. At the moment I've bumped it up to 45 min. Now I just need toget my diet back in check. I haven't been eating as much protein as I should...and way too many carbs. I expect to start seeing more of a change again once i get back on the right trail (tomorrow).

HDeuce7

HDeuce7

Awards
Some slight interval running on the treadmill would help for weight loss and it also breaks up the normal everyday running.

Thaiclinch

Thaiclinch

Awards
I am also A BIG GUY 6'1" 270lbs if I look at a weight I get big.....But if I look at a Pizza I get Fat.
I do all of my cardio on an elliptical for knee reasons, but I have seen good results w/ what they call HIIT cardio on an empty stomach in the morning for about 30 min. then at Night I do a 45-60min constant HRT training program keeping my target HRT between 155-160 for the duration via a POLAR F11 Hrt monitor, In my HIIT session I max my HRT at around 180-185 bpm. So just for an example according to my HRT monitor I did my 30min HIIT session this morning @ 8am followed by a 3pm lift for 1hr all arms (Im at work when doing this so my lifts arnt always time efficent.) and then tonight I just did my 1hr cardio. That was a total of 1512 Calories that I burned today In my workout, and I have noticed that if I skip the am HIIT session I am much more apt to skip my lift in the afternoon from lack of energy.
Sorry I rambled but I get excited after I take my DCP.:bruce1:

Spiral_

Awards
Hrmm I've been skating around HIIT but I suppose it's time to give it a try.