belly fat

Thi

Awards
Hi.I want to know what are the most effective ways to loose the stubborn belly fat. I'm a pretty small girl but i just want to get rid of the fat around my belly. I eat pretty healthy and do the small meals 6 times a day. Been running for 3weeks now, but still no change. Occasionally i do weights also, but not much. Any tips to help would be appreciated.

R3d

R3d

Awards
It starts with diet. You can run as much as you want and get no results unless your diet is in check.

Give us your meal plan.

Thi

Awards
i run in the am around 5:30 for about 30 minutes
bf: usually oatmeal and cup of coffee or tea
snack: fruit/yogurt or handful of nuts with rice cakes
lunch: whole wheat tuna sandwich w/ sprouts or sometimes whole wheat pita bread with cottage cheese, olives and mushrooms grilled
snack: fruit (apple) with peanut butter or cheese
dinner: brown rice with steam veggies and grilled chicken or tofu.
snack: sugar free jello or just some raw trail mix.
sleep at 10:00pm

i weigh 110lbs, so i dont eat that much, but just need to get rid of the belly fat.
Thanks

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
you can not spot loose fat, but weight training is the most effective form of fat loss and as you develop more muscle your metonolic rate will increase that will help you to keep the fat of, also reduce your intake of calories,

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is not feasible to have a goal of weight loss in the ab area only. Also, you need to revise your training because using both cardio and weights is ideal, and most effective, for removing unwanted fat. When you say "run", what exactly do you mean by that? Get your diet and training in order and results will follow.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
i run in the am around 5:30 for about 30 minutes
bf: usually oatmeal and cup of coffee or tea
snack: fruit/yogurt or handful of nuts with rice cakes
lunch: whole wheat tuna sandwich w/ sprouts or sometimes whole wheat pita bread with cottage cheese, olives and mushrooms grilled
snack: fruit (apple) with peanut butter or cheese
dinner: brown rice with steam veggies and grilled chicken or tofu.
snack: sugar free jello or just some raw trail mix.
sleep at 10:00pm

i weigh 110lbs, so i dont eat that much, but just need to get rid of the belly fat.
Thanks
It is easy to under-estimate the calories in those items in red. The trail mix is not a very good diet food.

SwordBurn

SwordBurn

Awards
  • Established
you can not spot loose fat
Um...not necessarily true...I am living proof of spot reduction....

I've tested Lipo U + CAP on Chest, Abdominal and Lower Back. Each have had spot reduction results. At one point I even tested it on only 1 Bicep and there was an uneven visual of definition in my Left Arm because I only applied it on that arm, hehe.

Once the official Lipo U + RK comes out...I'll be doing some tests on my inner thighs, calves and glutes.

And as far as making weight goals....I too was fixated on weight loss. And I was getting frustrated seeing no weight change for months at a time. But the trade off to my w/o+diet was what looks like a ~8-10% loss in BF.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
you can not spot loose fat
gotta agree with swordburn here. ill vouch for avants lipoderm as well. not only that, but MD published an article that spot reduction is possible by consistently training a specific area. i remember the study had a decent workload on one muscle group and that was all. the results were conclusive that spot reduction is possible.

imprezzion

Awards
While the natural way is the way to go, some new alternatives in cosmetic procedures have come along to help with spot treating of fat deposits. The only reason I have even heard of this is a center just opened up the street from me. A RN I know well works there and just had it done (a bit pricey), and has worked wonderfully for her.

It's not a "body wrap" ...it's not liposuction ...

Advanced Lipo Dissolve Center (SM)

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
you can not spot loose fat, but weight training is the most effective form of fat loss and as you develop more muscle your metonolic rate will increase that will help you to keep the fat of, also reduce your intake of calories,
Yes, you can spot reduce fat.

Thi, consider looking into our Lipoderm-Ultra, which helps reduce subcutaneous fat in the area applied.

However, your diet and exercise must be in check for it to work, as others have said. Otherwise, the fat won't be mobilized and eventually burned off or it will simply be redeposited.

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
Make sure the peanut butter is the natural variety, otherwise drop it.

How much water are you ingesting each day? Be sure to stay well hydrated. You should be drinking water throughout the day.

Also, you need to add some Essential Fatty Acids (EFA) to your diet. Many people supplement with fish oil/capsules to increase their Omega 3 consumption. 2-3 capsules with each (or most) of your meals should suffice.

Try the suggestions here and keep running for a few more weeks to see what happens. Sometimes it takes a while to see results, but minor tweaks to diet, cardio and weight training will pay off over time.

TheCSWFighter

Awards
hmmm...I wonder if lipoderm can get rid of chipmunk cheeks....:think:

Thi

Awards
Make sure the peanut butter is the natural variety, otherwise drop it.

How much water are you ingesting each day? Be sure to stay well hydrated. You should be drinking water throughout the day.

Also, you need to add some Essential Fatty Acids (EFA) to your diet. Many people supplement with fish oil/capsules to increase their Omega 3 consumption. 2-3 capsules with each (or most) of your meals should suffice.

Try the suggestions here and keep running for a few more weeks to see what happens. Sometimes it takes a while to see results, but minor tweaks to diet, cardio and weight training will pay off over time.

Yeah, i don't think i drink enough water, need to do that. With the omega 3, im thinking about adding flax seeds to my diet.

Im already skipping out the peanut butter and the trail mix. Fun to eat, but can be avoided.

In regards to exercise, besides running, you guys reccomend anything else?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
hmmm...I wonder if lipoderm can get rid of chipmunk cheeks....:think:
I think it's been tried before with varying levels of success.

The receptors that the Lipoderms work on in your midsection, thighs, and ass are much less prominant on your face. Meaning, you may not see very good results.

Plus, the skin could become irritated.

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
Yes, do weight training consistently, not occasionally.

If you push yourself in this area and continue your running, you should be able to rev up your metabolism and burn off the fat.

Note that fat oxidization is generally first on, last off. You may notice that you are leaning out, but progress looks slow in your "troubled" areas. It’s a marathon, not a sprint. Be diligent and you'll make progress.

One additional recommendation: eat some slow digesting protein as your snack (or with your snack) before bed. Fat-free cottage cheese works great in this area. And wash it down with 8 or so ounces of water.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
The fat on my face was first to go. I use my work ID as motivation.
When I started this job last year, my face was sorta puffy. Always a nice reminder to how far I've come. Now if only my gut would go away as well ;) Slowly but surely...

TheCSWFighter

Awards
Yea. My problem areas are midsection, thighs and face. The glutes seem to always be in tip top shape.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
not only that, but MD published an article that spot reduction is possible by consistently training a specific area. i remember the study had a decent workload on one muscle group and that was all. the results were conclusive that spot reduction is possible.
Is that because the muscle actually sourced fat from that vicinity or was it because the extra training triggered muscle growth spreading the fat over a greater area and reducing its thickness?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Unsightly belly fat?!?!

Then you need Relacore!!!

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Is that because the muscle actually sourced fat from that vicinity or was it because the extra training triggered muscle growth spreading the fat over a greater area and reducing its thickness?
hmmm... thats a good question. looks like i better dig up an old MD and find out. ill post the study when i find it, gimme a couple days though.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
hmmm... thats a good question. looks like i better dig up an old MD and find out. ill post the study when i find it, gimme a couple days though.
No worries.

Just curious because when it comes to subjects like spot reduction where there seems to be evidence that both supports and discounts it, interpretation of the results is important.

The human body is a pretty damn efficient machine. It wants to store fat where it is least costly and that usually means around the core/center. Imagine the extra effort and energy required to move around if the bulk of fat stores were in your wrists and ankles. I'm just not convinced that we can significantly alter that distribution 'equation' (without pharmaceuticals or surgery of course).

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, i don't think i drink enough water, need to do that. With the omega 3, im thinking about adding flax seeds to my diet.

Im already skipping out the peanut butter and the trail mix. Fun to eat, but can be avoided.

Basic resistance (weight) training routine three days/week. You could even replace some of the running with weights if you need to make time.

When you're trying to lose weight, your body might choose to burn up muscle instead of fat to source needed calories if you don't give your body a reason to keep it. Weight training on a regular basis will signal your body that the muscle is still needed and to burn bodyfat instead.

Basically when you're on a diet, you lift weights not to get big, but to keep the muscle you have and to burn fat.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
No worries.

Just curious because when it comes to subjects like spot reduction where there seems to be evidence that both supports and discounts it, interpretation of the results is important.

The human body is a pretty damn efficient machine. It wants to store fat where it is least costly and that usually means around the core/center. Imagine the extra effort and energy required to move around if the bulk of fat stores were in your wrists and ankles. I'm just not convinced that we can significantly alter that distribution 'equation' (without pharmaceuticals or surgery of course).
ok, i found that study although it was more detailed in the published version of MD. this just gives the testing methods and results. it wasnt as impressive as i remembered but here it is:

Muscular Development Online Magazine - Spot Reduction is for Real?

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
look into getting some PGF2A--not sure if I can say more than that here.:study: