Rate my WL plan, and suppliments.

Colorado S14

Awards
To start off I am built big, I have big bone and muscle structure. I have never worked out really, I played high level ice hockey in high school and in college had girlfriends so I let myself go and have gained 35lbs. since high school.

I am currently 6'0" 245 with 22%BF. I want to get down to around 12% or less. My fat is definitely located in my stomach and my ass mostly.

Here is what I have started doing let me know where you think I could improve.

Food:
Breakfast- Either egg whites (4) with turkey bacon and crystal lite. Or a Met Rx meal rep. shake and a nutri-grain and water.
Snack- Yoplait light yogurt cup, cheese stick wrapped in turkey.
Lunch- I have to eat out a bunch due to school or work so I try to do a 6" Subway sub, no chips and unsweetened tea. Or a chicken salad (grilled not breaded) with an oil vinaigrette.
Snack- Same as before, or I hate to say peanut M&Ms.
Dinner- I try to do a chicken or fish with veggies, or a chicken cheese and hummus wrap on a whole wheat tortilla.
Late night- I get really bad sweet tooth, so I try to fix it with another yogurt or sometimes another nutria-grain (carb cravings?)

Workouts- Start with weights alternate upper and lower between days, mon-thurs with 25 mins cardio after, usually a 150-170 HR.

Supplements- Started on just VPX redline did not see much so I just stepped up to this: Lipo 6 (2 caps), Aspirin 650mg (2 pills), Ephedrine (25mg). I do that with breakfast and then again late afternoon.

Let me know what you think I could improve; I really want to lose fat. I want to gain definition in my legs and abs and back, and do some bulking on arms and chest.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Nimbus has a healthy late night protein check them out in the supp companies section. Anabolic innovations has healthy cheat foods...... The reason your body craves sugar... is sugar is instant energy or quick energy. Now why would your body need energy your feeding it right.... Well most people lack a basic understanding of the body and what it needs, you need to find a BALANCED diet giving your body all it needs in terms or healthy fats, low GI carbohydrates, and of course protein (the more sources the better) When you structure your meals you need to be ingesting 40% carbs %40 protein %20 fat. If you can do this you WILL lose weight feel great and cravings will be curbed. If you eat too many simple sugars or simple carbs you will be in a deficit of low GI carbs and always have fluctuating sugar levels. This feels like an energy roller coaster and has ups and downs like you'd expect. Tired, one sec hungry the next, then normal then cravings and lack of motivation. You need to get the fire going with kindling then keep throwing logs on the fire to keep it burning. Or atleast increase the amount of low glycemic carbohydrates, increase caseinate protein close to bed time, whey protein before and after workouts, healthy fat spread throughout the day. Ive been using this site to find recipies that are BALANCED, also Home { Kinetix } . good luck

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nimbus has a healthy late night protein check them out in the supp companies section. Anabolic innovations has healthy cheat foods...... The reason your body craves sugar... is sugar is instant energy or quick energy. Now why would your body need energy your feeding it right.... Well most people lack a basic understanding of the body and what it needs, you need to find a BALANCED diet giving your body all it needs in terms or healthy fats, low GI carbohydrates, and of course protein (the more sources the better) When you structure your meals you need to be ingesting 40% carbs %40 protein %20 fat. If you can do this you WILL lose weight feel great and cravings will be curbed. If you eat too many simple sugars or simple carbs you will be in a deficit of low GI carbs and always have fluctuating sugar levels. This feels like an energy roller coaster and has ups and downs like you'd expect. Tired, one sec hungry the next, then normal then cravings and lack of motivation. You need to get the fire going with kindling then keep throwing logs on the fire to keep it burning. Or atleast increase the amount of low glycemic carbohydrates, increase caseinate protein close to bed time, whey protein before and after workouts, healthy fat spread throughout the day. Ive been using this site to find recipies that are BALANCED, also Home { Kinetix } . good luck
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to somewhatgifted again.

Very Solid info here. Also try out a food logger site like FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal to get a good breakdown of everything. You could just use that to post up your ratios.

Adams

R3d

R3d

Awards
Supplements- Started on just VPX redline did not see much
Of course not. Your diet is pretty crappy.

Aside from needing to find your BMR (Basic metabolic rate), you'll need to create the proper caloric intake with the proper deficient.

I have to eat out a bunch due to school or work
No, you don't... you choose to.

DIET: Example:
Breakfast: 4-6 egg whites, one-two eggs, 1/2 cup steal cut/rolled oats, a fruit (grapefruit, orange, etc).
Or: 4-6 egg whites, 1/2-1 cup steal cut/rolled oats with a serving of fruit.

Snack: Drop the yogurt. It's useless, imo. Most contain high amounts of sugar and high fructose corn syrup. For this snack, try something such as a protein shake with a handful of nuts (almonds by preference), or a protein shake with 1-2tbsp of natural peanut butter.

Lunch: Why not precook something the day before? Have a chicken breast with a serving of brown rice or sweet potatoes and a big ole serving of veggies.
Subway is not a bad choice, but you will benefit from a proper meal.

No M&M's! Have some peanuts if you want. Or get another meal in here.

Dinner: Not bad. I, personally, try to reduce carbs around dinner.

Bedtime snack: Low fat/fat free cottage cheese with peanut butter or nuts.

Overall: UP your protein, a lot! Get in healthy fats (as mentioned, but I wouldn't recommend as much mentioned).

It starts in the kitchen, not the gym. So I'd focus on getting your diet in check.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
The best thing to do is to learn to cook a meal you like that happens to be healthy, then cook large batches so it lasts a few days and you not always cooking and doing dishes. Buy some tupperware. Eat as many dark green veggies as you can and eat less on non WO days as your calorie expenditure will be lower and should not equal a high calorie expenditure thats consumed on WO days. DIET IS EVERYHTING but once you figure a little bit out it wil pay off and you will be motivated to keep losing weight, stay energised and grow as a healthy inteligent human being.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thesinner's notes:

1. Lower your aspirin intake before you kill yourself.
2. Eat your carbs in the MORNING. This will give you the whole day to burn up the carb calories, as well as keep your leptin levels in check, so you don't get carb craving's in the evenings.
3. Pack a lunch. It's cheaper and healthier. Subway is not the answer. EDIT: Subway is the answer, but only if you want to look like Jared.
4. Replace the following foods with my suggested alternatives:

Nutragrain bar --> whole oats
Turkey Bacon ----> Turkey Breast
Yoplait Light Yogurt Cup---> Fat Free Cottage Cheese

5. Spread out your calories. You should be eating six meals per day (a bag of Peanut M&M's does not count as a meal). Instead of eating little meals during the day, only to end with a large dinner and night cravings, try eating a large breakfast and then eating less and less as the goes goes on, until your evening snack (something small and light like a bowl of cottage cheese).

6. There's a sh** ton of alkaloids in your supplement regime, Lipo6 and redline share some of the same alkaloids as well (so you're getting a double dose of some things). You probably got really wired the first few days of use. So many at once will cause your body to lower it's production of norepinephrine and epinephrine (which are necessary for the weightloss effect from alkaloids). Overuse can cause you to become resistant to their lipolytic effects a lot more quickly. Perhaps try alternating between Lipo6 and redline, and maybe pick up some tyrosine to help jumpstart your body's norepinephrine production.

7. Getting in shape is 0% diet, 0% exercise, and 100% of both.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
thesinner's notes:

1. Lower your aspirin intake before you kill yourself.
2. Eat your carbs in the MORNING. This will give you the whole day to burn up the carb calories, as well as keep your leptin levels in check, so you don't get carb craving's in the evenings.
3. Pack a lunch. It's cheaper and healthier. Subway is not the answer.
4. Replace the following foods with my suggested alternatives:

Nutragrain bar --> whole oats
Turkey Bacon ----> Turkey Breast
Yoplait Light Yogurt Cup---> Fat Free Cottage Cheese

5. Spread out your calories. You should be eating six meals per day (a bag of Peanut M&M's does not count as a meal). Instead of eating little meals during the day, only to end with a large dinner and night cravings, try eating a large breakfast and then eating less and less as the goes goes on, until your evening snack (something small and light like a bowl of cottage cheese).

6. There's a sh** ton of alkaloids in your supplement regime, Lipo6 and redline share some of the same alkaloids as well (so you're getting a double dose of some things). You probably got really wired the first few days of use. So many at once will cause your body to lower it's production of norepinephrine and epinephrine (which are necessary for the weightloss effect from alkaloids). Overuse can cause you to become resistant to their lipolytic effects a lot more quickly. Perhaps try alternating between Lipo6 and redline, and maybe pick up some tyrosine to help jumpstart your body's norepinephrine production.

7. Getting in shape is 0% diet, 0% exercise, and 100% of both.
Your the man!! REPS! :study:

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Nimbus has a healthy late night protein check them out in the supp companies section. Anabolic innovations has healthy cheat foods......
We should have our Performance Pudding Night Time released in a few weeks. This should help GREATLY with the late night sweet tooth...It's been a "God Send" for me ;-)

I just wrote a basic diet and exercise program for a friend of mine with your same stats...shoot me an email and I would be happy to forward it to you as I think it may be a good fit. [email protected]

Please put your AM board name in the subject line so I know what to look for.

Workin

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
We should have our Performance Pudding Night Time released in a few weeks. This should help GREATLY with the late night sweet tooth...It's been a "God Send" for me ;-)

I just wrote a basic diet and exercise program for a friend of mine with your same stats...shoot me an email and I would be happy to forward it to you as I think it may be a good fit. [email protected]

Please put your AM board name in the subject line so I know what to look for.

Workin
Your too kind, people pay for that service!

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I made a living at it for years...lol!

I figure what goes around comes around, right? :)

Workin
indeed you are both a kind and greatful man, i hope you find success at every level.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Stop Flirting.
My first instinct is to be angry, for taking something genuine and making it look dirty. My second is to ignore you as knowledge is invisible to the ignorant.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
And your third is!?? Learn English grammar!?
Why bring negativity to a positive learning environment? Why be jealous of a good person being recognised? I am not trying to get anyhting out of this, i simply have my own ways of contributing to the best of my ability and have small but sincere verbal rewards to the others also on a similar mission to help others.
When someone opens the door for me i say thank you, when someone does something nice it contibutes to the well being of everybody "pay it forward" attitude. Take it for what its worth. i owe yo nothing, this board owes you nothing, what exactly do you want?