Will Coconut oil help my fatloss while on CKD?

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
I just bought some pure extra virgin Coconut oil that is unbleached, certified organic, cold pressed, unrefined and has 62% MCTs... Anyway, I am going to be incorporating this into my CKD cut and I'd like some feedback from some of you guys on this board on your thoughts of this idea. I have CKD'd several times with much success but have never used MCT's in conjunction. I have some DCP on the way along with some other goodies that will aid in my cut. My wedding is Feb 10th and I want to shed as much fat as possible meanwhile maintaining all muscle and strength (don't we all ). I'll be taking 3-4 tbsp per day.

Do you think Coconut oil will aid extra in my fatloss?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
The MCTs should definitely give you an increased work capacity and by exerting a higher intensity or an increased volume, you will be expending more calories and therefore burning more fat, since fat is the primary fuel source for physical energy in proper ketosis.

HairyLarry35

Awards
The MCTs should definitely give you an increased work capacity and by exerting a higher intensity or an increased volume, you will be expending more calories and therefore burning more fat, since fat is the primary fuel source for physical energy in proper ketosis.
What he said :) Just make sure you're eating enough protein/lbm lbs and your in a deficit w/ fats (~-500 cals per day depending on output during workouts and input/meals).

I hope you log it! Good luck and congrats on the wedding!

By the way, it's not too late to back out....

HL

HairyLarry35

Awards
This is for you and that lucky lady- enjoy!

HL

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
LMFAO!! Hairylarry you are a funny bastard!

Yeah my cals range from 1950 to 2300 depending on training day or not. I was consuming 25g of carbs (.5 cup oatmeal) postworkout but now I am doing straight keto (17g or less per day of carbs) and one day a week all out refeed. Like I said I never incorporated MCTs in with my CKDs before but thought it was a great idea. I may have to start a log when my DCP comes to town :)

Here was todays macro breakdown: (training day)
Total cals: 2297
Fat: 118g 1065 48% of this was 3 tbsp coco oil in early day
Carbs: 17g 60 3%
Protein: 274g 1096 49%

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
By the way, thanks for the congrats HL!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 3
Supplements 9