Please Critique My Cutting Plan

CRAZY LEGS

Awards
Please Critique My Cutting Plan(UPDATED)

Well here is my 12 week cutting program .Feel free to hack it up ,always willing to change it and rearrange it .

B/F %=18 .My goal is to be sub 11% by May 1/2007

5’-10” @currently 242 LBS

Bench is 285lbs x 1
Squat is 335lbs x 7

Training as follows

Day 1 (chest)

Incline press 3 sets 8-10
Incline fly’s 3 sets 10-12
Decline press 3 sets 8-10
Decline fly’s 3 sets 10-12

Day 2 (arms, triceps)

Ez bar curls or straight bar curls 3 sets 8-10
Alternate dumbbell curls 3 sets 8-10
Concentration curls 3 sets 10-12
Triceps push downs 3 sets 8-10
Skull crushers 3 sets 8-10
Triceps Kick backs 3 sets 10-12

Day 3 (HIIT Cardio on tread mill)

Day4 (Back, shoulders)

Shoulder press (or military press) 3 sets 8-10
Lat raises 3 sets 10-12
Up right rows 3 sets 8-10
Shrugs 3 sets 10-12
Wide grip pull downs 3 sets 8-10
One arm rows 3 sets 8-10
Bent over rows 3 sets 8-10

Day 5 (legs)

Squats 3 sets 8-10
Leg extension 3 sets 8-10
Lying leg curls 3 sets 8-10
Calf raises 3 sets 10-12

Day 6 (HIIT cardio on treadmill)

Diet looks like this

1. Shake ,1pcs whole grain bread with PB/and honey, multi vitamin, vegetable vitamins,
2. 1 can tuna, tsp mayo, 1 pcs whole grain bread, 1 banana.
3. 6 egg white scrambled eggs with green pepers, red peppers, ham, cheese.rice or potatoes.
4. shake , 1 can tuna, tsp mayo , apple
5. Chicken breast, broccoli.
6. shake, or 5 egg whites

cals=2813 fat=69 carbs=279 protien=285

Will this diet and training allow me to lose fat and sustain muscle growth?
Ok let’s have it .more cardio less cardio, more cals less cals.more sets less sets.

Supps are nox explode,luteour70

My goal is to be 218-225 lbs @10% B/F or less.

Should I add a fat burner????

Thanks in advance

Crazy legs.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well for starters, definitely cut back the volume on the weights and you should do an additional day of HIIT (even if you have to train twice a day). Also, could you be more detailed about the amounts you are eating?

CRAZY LEGS

Awards
RODJA, I will add one more cardio to the mix .I,m a little confused on the amounts i'm eating. give an example .looks straight forward:food: how about i drop the volume to 3 sets for all ,or should i look for new program .What about dropping to 3 sets and reps 6-10??

CRAZY LEGS

Awards
Just got back from the Gym i had my BF% measured .I'm not as fat as i thought i was, it's @18%. So i need to drop 7% -8% by May1 /07

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
RODJA, I will add one more cardio to the mix .I,m a little confused on the amounts i'm eating. give an example .looks straight forward:food: how about i drop the volume to 3 sets for all ,or should i look for new program .What about dropping to 3 sets and reps 6-10??
For example, you have potatoes, but not the amount that you are eating. Including the weight of your protein and carb portion gives a better indication of your kcal intake.

CRAZY LEGS

Awards
I see, i will edit it tommorrow ,time to go home.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Well for starters, definitely cut back the volume on the weights
Yeah, I second that. Cut your volume AT LEAST in half. You're doing ~25 sets/day 4x per week. 6-9 sets/day 4x per week is much more realistic and effective for cutting, IMO.

nvr2loud

nvr2loud

Awards
  • Established
I would start off lighter with your cardio for the first few weeks, then gradually add more. That way you have room to advance if you reach a plateau in you weight loss goal.
I would hold off on fat burner for right now. Wait until you get your diet and workout routine down and working good for you, then add the fat burner in toward the end of cutting phase to help get that extra bit of fat off that you couldn't achieve with diet and cardio alone.

CRAZY LEGS

Awards
I Have Dropped The Volume To 3 Sets,aNd No Carbs After 1:00pm,and Added And Extra Day Of Hiit.

CRAZY LEGS

Awards
Here are my cals

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Here are my cals

Depending on your metabolism you may want to cut the calories further. If it's pretty slow (like me), you could go down as low as 2200 or 2000. I'd keep the carbs and protein and cut some of the fat.

What's your maintenence caloric intake?

CRAZY LEGS

Awards
i used the bmr calculator and i think it is 3460 i could be wrong though .

CRAZY LEGS

Awards
I weighted in and i have lost 4 lbs in 3 weeks is this to fast or not fast enough.And i have barely done any cardio.i will check B/F in another 3 weeks.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds about right. I can lose a good amount just by cleaning up my diet and adding a little cardio. I usually use strength as my gauge. If I lose strength for more than 2 sessions, then I increase my kcals by about 100. I have a tendency to overdiet, but by using this as my gauge, I have a tangible measurement.

CRAZY LEGS

Awards
so far so good .i have to start more cardio this week .Training camp is only 8 weeks away.