Tall & Lean with a gut!! Best way?

scrilla

Awards
Ok im pretty lean already 31yrs 6'4 205 lbs at 10% bf, and that remaining 10% is all in my spare tire because im shredded everywhere else.
What would be the best way to maintain the same weight but drop the body fat? My top 4 bricks show and the bottom two is covered in fat but you can see the outline. Im already lean and dont want to be too skinny by dropping more weight. Im looking at just nailing the fat.

Suggestions please. Its sick looking.

as far as supps
im taking
whey protein
multi
fish oil
bcaa - xtend

I am sensitive to oral stimulants due to them kicking in anxiety so i no longer take any stims, so i picked up some dicana and lipoderm ultra

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
There is no way to target fat loss in one specific region. Dial in your diet and keep lifting and doing the cardio(perhaps switch up your cardio if it is not working). Some like CLA to assist, not 100% sure if it is the key or not.

designgray

designgray

Awards
Its true that a person cannot loose fat in 'one target area', but there is something to be said about targeting a specific problem area.

How many AB excercises do you do a week ?
It may be a good idea to step-up the AB work outs, and really change it up daily.

IE – Leg lifts (while partner pushes back down with resisstance) Weighted crunches . . . etc.

Hit the abs just as hard as you would bi’s or anything else . . . MHO
Sometimes people just 'go-through the motions', I'm not implying you're lazy . . . it just takes a conscience effort

All the Best :wave:

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
Ab workout does not burn fat on your abs, your body grabs fat from wherever it wants too. If you do more sit ups and do not loose the fat, your gut will look bigger mate. Keep doing the abs, by no means quit, just be careful.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
STRONG edit lol
I just reread your first post. When I saw you say spare tire I was thinking you had a beer belly lol

Now I see it is just the last bit of fat. Well that is the last to go and yes you will need to lose weight to lose that fat.

CROWLER

scrilla

Awards
so for cardio since im at 10% is it best for HIIT or Heart Rate 60-70% cardio?

Foster

Awards
New studies actually show that fat is taken from the surrounding areas of the muscle worked first so you can in fact spot reduce. The problem is the results are so negligable that you would never actually see any difference.

The only way to drop fat from your abs that I know of is to reduce body fat all over. If you do up your ab exercises they may show through the fat better though. I would just do normal ab exercises without weights though, no need to get a bulky midsection.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try Avant's Lipoderm of Lipoderm Ultra.

DazzlinJack

Awards
  • Established
give in and diet all the way. will you lose muscle mass? maybe. will you lose the years it took for you to get all that muscle? probably not. but if you're serious and want to get the six-pack, bite the bullet and cut off those calories. your muscle will grow back eventually.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
It could be a matter of you holding your abs loose and leaning back on your lower back. If your "shredded everywhere else" then its clearly not a fat loss issue. Most men who have a "beer gut" arent fat they have streched their ab lining and have poor posture. Do some upper, lower and oblique exercises and on a daily occurence try to hold in your gut by flexing your abs and try to keep your ab wall flat as possible, this is very commonly missunderstood, but in the long run very easy to fix over time. you will double your strength look healthier and dramatic changes can be seen fairly quickly.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It could be a matter of you holding your abs loose and leaning back on your lower back. If your "shredded everywhere else" then its clearly not a fat loss issue. Most men who have a "beer gut" arent fat they have streched their ab lining and have poor posture. Do some upper, lower and oblique exercises and on a daily occurence try to hold in your gut by flexing your abs and try to keep your ab wall flat as possible, this is very commonly missunderstood, but in the long run very easy to fix over time. you will double your strength look healthier and dramatic changes can be seen fairly quickly.
I believe your talking about lordosis(Tightening of the hip flexors, hamstrings , spinal erectors, and looser abdominals.) but he should be able to see some ab development if its a structural problem. I guess a pic would be needed to really see whats going on, but you could also have higher cortisol levels.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
How many guys 30 or older have a belly but arent fat. Just a long term lazy ab problem. My waist is 37" relaxed and 33.5 tight i have a belly when walk around compared to if i had my stomach tight. This is due to poor posture and allowing the lower back to hold your weight, this alone adds to the millions of back injuries each year.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
How many guys 30 or older have a belly but arent fat. Just a long term lazy ab problem. My waist is 37" relaxed and 33.5 tight i have a belly when walk around compared to if i had my stomach tight. This is due to poor posture and allowing the lower back to hold your weight, this alone adds to the millions of back injuries each year.

Ive seen this many of time times just because a muscle is flexible does mean you cant see it, there could be many reason for this if he is pretty lean but looks like he has a belly and can still see his lower abs most likely lordosis. If he cant see his lower abs has no lower back sway my guess maybe cortisol. You dont just have loose abs for no reason, poor posture is a cause of lordosis not an over extented belly.

scrilla

Awards
well i dont drink. my posture is pretty damn good. i never slouch over and i walk tall naturally. is there a supp to lower cortisol levels?

Bankshot

Bankshot

Awards
Lean Extreme by Designer Supplements, helps lower cortisol, had good results with it personally.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Ive seen this many of time times just because a muscle is flexible does mean you cant see it, there could be many reason for this if he is pretty lean but looks like he has a belly and can still see his lower abs most likely lordosis. If he cant see his lower abs has no lower back sway my guess maybe cortisol. You dont just have loose abs for no reason, poor posture is a cause of lordosis not an over extented belly.
I read about lordosis, i dont think i have it but its something to keep an eye on, im not expert, this is where my ideas fall short.