Tall & Lean with a gut!! Best way?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.2%

Unhappy Tall & Lean with a gut!! Best way?

Ok im pretty lean already 31yrs 6'4 205 lbs at 10% bf, and that remaining 10% is all in my spare tire because im shredded everywhere else.
    What would be the best way to maintain the same weight but drop the body fat? My top 4 bricks show and the bottom two is covered in fat but you can see the outline. Im already lean and dont want to be too skinny by dropping more weight. Im looking at just nailing the fat.

Suggestions please. Its sick looking.

as far as supps
    im taking
    whey protein
    multi
    fish oil
    bcaa - xtend

I am sensitive to oral stimulants due to them kicking in anxiety so i no longer take any stims, so i picked up some dicana and lipoderm ultra

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.38%

There is no way to target fat loss in one specific region. Dial in your diet and keep lifting and doing the cardio(perhaps switch up your cardio if it is not working). Some like CLA to assist, not 100% sure if it is the key or not.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.6%

Its true that a person cannot loose fat in 'one target area', but there is something to be said about targeting a specific problem area.

How many AB excercises do you do a week ?
    It may be a good idea to step-up the AB work outs, and really change it up daily.

IE Leg lifts (while partner pushes back down with resisstance) Weighted crunches . . . etc.

Hit the abs just as hard as you would bis or anything else . . . MHO
    Sometimes people just 'go-through the motions', I'm not implying you're lazy . . . it just takes a conscience effort

All the Best
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.38%

Ab workout does not burn fat on your abs, your body grabs fat from wherever it wants too. If you do more sit ups and do not loose the fat, your gut will look bigger mate. Keep doing the abs, by no means quit, just be careful.
  5. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

STRONG edit lol
    I just reread your first post. When I saw you say spare tire I was thinking you had a beer belly lol

Now I see it is just the last bit of fat. Well that is the last to go and yes you will need to lose weight to lose that fat.

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.2%

so for cardio since im at 10% is it best for HIIT or Heart Rate 60-70% cardio?
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.06%

New studies actually show that fat is taken from the surrounding areas of the muscle worked first so you can in fact spot reduce. The problem is the results are so negligable that you would never actually see any difference.

The only way to drop fat from your abs that I know of is to reduce body fat all over. If you do up your ab exercises they may show through the fat better though. I would just do normal ab exercises without weights though, no need to get a bulky midsection.
  8. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.79%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Try Avant's Lipoderm of Lipoderm Ultra.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.02%

give in and diet all the way. will you lose muscle mass? maybe. will you lose the years it took for you to get all that muscle? probably not. but if you're serious and want to get the six-pack, bite the bullet and cut off those calories. your muscle will grow back eventually.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.8%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

It could be a matter of you holding your abs loose and leaning back on your lower back. If your "shredded everywhere else" then its clearly not a fat loss issue. Most men who have a "beer gut" arent fat they have streched their ab lining and have poor posture. Do some upper, lower and oblique exercises and on a daily occurence try to hold in your gut by flexing your abs and try to keep your ab wall flat as possible, this is very commonly missunderstood, but in the long run very easy to fix over time. you will double your strength look healthier and dramatic changes can be seen fairly quickly.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted
    It could be a matter of you holding your abs loose and leaning back on your lower back. If your "shredded everywhere else" then its clearly not a fat loss issue. Most men who have a "beer gut" arent fat they have streched their ab lining and have poor posture. Do some upper, lower and oblique exercises and on a daily occurence try to hold in your gut by flexing your abs and try to keep your ab wall flat as possible, this is very commonly missunderstood, but in the long run very easy to fix over time. you will double your strength look healthier and dramatic changes can be seen fairly quickly.
    I believe your talking about lordosis(Tightening of the hip flexors, hamstrings , spinal erectors, and looser abdominals.) but he should be able to see some ab development if its a structural problem. I guess a pic would be needed to really see whats going on, but you could also have higher cortisol levels.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.8%

How many guys 30 or older have a belly but arent fat. Just a long term lazy ab problem. My waist is 37" relaxed and 33.5 tight i have a belly when walk around compared to if i had my stomach tight. This is due to poor posture and allowing the lower back to hold your weight, this alone adds to the millions of back injuries each year.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted
    How many guys 30 or older have a belly but arent fat. Just a long term lazy ab problem. My waist is 37" relaxed and 33.5 tight i have a belly when walk around compared to if i had my stomach tight. This is due to poor posture and allowing the lower back to hold your weight, this alone adds to the millions of back injuries each year.

Ive seen this many of time times just because a muscle is flexible does mean you cant see it, there could be many reason for this if he is pretty lean but looks like he has a belly and can still see his lower abs most likely lordosis. If he cant see his lower abs has no lower back sway my guess maybe cortisol. You dont just have loose abs for no reason, poor posture is a cause of lordosis not an over extented belly.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.2%

well i dont drink. my posture is pretty damn good. i never slouch over and i walk tall naturally. is there a supp to lower cortisol levels?
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.31%

Lean Extreme by Designer Supplements, helps lower cortisol, had good results with it personally.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.8%

Quote Originally Posted by rugger48
    Ive seen this many of time times just because a muscle is flexible does mean you cant see it, there could be many reason for this if he is pretty lean but looks like he has a belly and can still see his lower abs most likely lordosis. If he cant see his lower abs has no lower back sway my guess maybe cortisol. You dont just have loose abs for no reason, poor posture is a cause of lordosis not an over extented belly.
    I read about lordosis, i dont think i have it but its something to keep an eye on, im not expert, this is where my ideas fall short.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best way to lean bulk in college?
    By DenDestroys in forum Bulking
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 01:02 PM
  2. Best way to stack Havoc with 3-AD?
    By Flexo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 01:45 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 04:27 PM
  4. TALL, i cut but still with a gut..HELP
    By scrilla in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-07-2006, 06:14 AM
  5. Best way to get started with homebrew chemistry?
    By The Doberman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-13-2005, 10:56 AM