I need HELP....

MrBreeze

Awards
Ladies and Gentlemen, please help. I am a 37 yo that has recently had back surgery and need some help losing weight. As you can imagine I cant do a whole lot physically just yet... but there has to be some supplement or stack that i can use to help lose a little while i wait to heal up.

Again Please Help.

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I almost tend to think a maintenance approach might be best with the whole idea of giving your body adequate nutrients to heal. If you can't weight train, dieting would likely result in muscle loss. You'll be more likely to retain more muscle eating at maintenance until you are back in training condition. Plus your maintenance will be lower with lower activity making dieting less productive now.

Drugs are always an option but I might consider waiting it out. How long until you are in training condition again?

massarmor

Awards
man that sucks.

Start keeping track of your diet. FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal is free.

Then calculate your Basal Metabolic Rate Discovery Health :: Calculators :: Basal Metabolic Rate

now you know how much your body burns off while not doing anything. If you eat clean and don't go above that then you'll probably lose weight. I'm not a expert at this though. Keep researching. If you do any exercise then your BMR will go up.

And I agree with Cardinal. Try not to use drugs

I hope you recover quickly.

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
Caloric intake, watch it carefully. No magic pills whilst you are unable to workout.