What are hydrogenated oils and are they harmfull ? - A MUST READ !

chi_town

Keto Jedi / HomeBrew Advocate
Awards
This is one of the most comprehensive articles I have ever seen on hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils...........

The full text can be found here....

http://www.dldewey.com/hydroil.htm

............and they ban ephedra.............ROFLMAO.

chi_town

Awards
FYI.....
FRENCH FRIES: The hidden trans fatty acids in McDonalds, Hardees and Arby's fries doubles the damage caused by their regular saturated regular fat counterparts. The fries at Burger King and Wendy's are even worse.

FISH: Red Lobster's Admiral's Feast Dinner contains a two day supply of artery clogging trans fatty acids.

CHICKEN: Kentucky Fried Chicken has a full day's worth of trans fatty acids

BAKED GOODS: Dunkin Donuts Old Fashioned Cake Donuts contains trans fatty acids that more than doubles the damage its' regular saturated fat counterpart. Eating just one is like eating 8 strips of bacon as pertaining to the amount of damage it is doing to the arteries because of the trans fatty acids. Who eats 8 strips of bacon at one sitting? Campbell's Soups are loaded with hydrogenated oils, read the label on the cans. Most crackers and especially cookies also.

and...........

Many countries in Europe allow only 4% of trans fatty acids in any foods made with hydrogenated oils, some ban them altogether. Do these countries know something we don't? Some countries like Denmark have banned hydrogenated oils for over 40 years. It is interesting that Denmark has the lowest diagnosed rates of heart disease, cancers, breast cancer, diabetes, auto-immune diseases than any other country in the world. What is even more interesting is that they consume more saturated fat in the form of dairy products.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey! I've eaten 8 strips of bacon at one time! :D

dez/null

Awards
BUMP!!! GOOD GOOD POST. Makes you wonder how bad trans fat is.

blinky

Awards
I think it is kind of funny that trans fatty acids were created to be a better alternative to saturated fats, when in reality, they could be worse.

chi_town

Awards
I think it is kind of funny that trans fatty acids were created to be a better alternative to saturated fats, when in reality, they could be worse.

Could be, my @ss......they are worse.

PEACE