Game Over diet

KRuth22

Awards
I think I'm going to start the game over diet after new year. I just wanted some advice from people who have done it, or some thoughts of what is wrong with it. I want to lose about 30lbs of fat. wich will drop me to about 10% bf or a little lower.
now after Holiday weight I am about 226lbs and my FFM is around 178lbs. I'm an Endo-Meso, with an uncanny ability to gain fat in my chest and stomach (love handles)

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
I think I'm going to start the game over diet after new year. I just wanted some advice from people who have done it, or some thoughts of what is wrong with it. I want to lose about 30lbs of fat. wich will drop me to about 10% bf or a little lower.
now after Holiday weight I am about 226lbs and my FFM is around 178lbs. I'm an Endo-Meso, with an uncanny ability to gain fat in my chest and stomach (love handles)
I started a discussion on it over here:

Game Over Diet - Mind and Muscle Forums a few months back that you will find helpful.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Having a tendency to deposit fat in the stomach,hips and chest area could mean you have high cortisol levels or high estrogen levels. Cortisol packs layers on my midsection and breast tissue will feed off of estradiol. Losing 30 lbs and salvaging muscle mass to get a 10% bodyfat... hmm...

Diet:
Breakfast- 6 egg whites, 1 cup whole oatmeal, portion of almonds, walnuts, or pecans, and a serving of fruit.

Brunch- Serving of vegetables or a salad, grilled chicken or fish, small serving whole grain brown rice

Lunch- Sweet potato (1 large or 2 medium), small handful of healthy nuts, chicken breast

[workout- HIT or 1/2 Volume for chest, back, traps, and the rest HIT and 20 minutes high intensity cardio afterwards]

Protein shake (60 grams) immediately after workout

Post workout meal- 1 serving (40 grams) short white rice with 2 servings brown rice and some kind of meat (red meat must be good quality, lean cut)

Dinner- Chicken and beans

Casein shake or non-fat cottage cheese

Training: Use that program Monday, Wednesday, Friday and on Tuesday and Thursday, do moderate cardio on an empty stomach in the morning for 30 minutes followed by a whey isolate shake and breakfast thereafter. Continue the meals as planned except eliminate the white rice in the post-workout meal and treat it as a dinner.

Supplements: Anabolic Pump, DCP, Restore
Take AP before breakfast, lunch (pre-workout), and your postworkout meal. Take DCP the same time as AP and use 3 caps for the first 2 weeks instead of 2. Take Restore with breakfast, lunch and post-workout meal or dinner.

On the weekends, incorporate fun aerobic activity in your day, whether it be walking your dog, swimming, hiking, or biking. Be sure to get atleast 8 hours sleep and drink atleast 1 gallon of pure water daily.

Staple supplements: Multi, omega source, green tea extract

8 weeks of this should give you a really shocking transformation. While others may disagree with HIT training and morning cardio and whatnot, I think (or know) it'll work great for you if done right. If you want to get BCAAs to take first thing tuesday and thursday before morning cardio, that'll salvage more muscle. Give this program a shot and eat intuitively. If you follow this program entirely without cheating for 8 weeks and aren't happy with what you see, I'll reimburse you for a month of the supplement bill. 50 for AP, 30 for Restore, and 40 for DCP.

KRuth22

Awards
I will have to give your layout some thought. I think it is all manageable for me to handle. I'm taking DCP now to try not mutting on to much weight during the holidays. But that Restore stuff looks like it should help me out some.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I will have to give your layout some thought. I think it is all manageable for me to handle. I'm taking DCP now to try not mutting on to much weight during the holidays. But that Restore stuff looks like it should help me out some.
If you can do that program and maybe give yourself a little leniancy as far as some things, ya know? I know certain foods are not always available, but you do the best you can with what you have.... I am sure this will work for you. I'm dead serious about paying you for your supplements if you find it's a waste. In good karma, I'd trust that you'd be honest with me about the effort put in on your behalf, but I'd send you a money order within a day of you telling me that it didn't work. You can do this!
One resolution you can make is to give yourself some time to externalize yourself from your surroundings and daily stressors and get to know yourself. Get in tune with your body. Unwanted hunger, cravings, urges, slumps, etc. are all cries for help and it's up to you to sit down and find out what is the reasoning for all of it. Some of it is physiological/biological for sure, but all of it can be dealt with in the subconscious through a conscious or semi-conscious level. If you can learn to meditate or even induce deep relaxation or self-hypnosis, you can open the connection between the body and mind. Before you start, tell yourself over and over, "My body, mind, and spirit will synchronize for my benefit"...
It may sound goofy or whatnot, but ever since I have become more in touch, I have not had issues with diet and the anxiety of all the bodybuilding crap seemed to fade.

KRuth22

Awards
Force,
I think I will try to keep the supps simple at first just fish oil and the rest of my DCP. Of course Multi and protein. Money is a little tight right now. If you think it would make a big difference I will try out those supps. I do believe that the restore can help a lot. would that be good as a standalone without DCP and Anabolic Pump, or should I go all out??

Do you know of anything I can have for breakfast that doesn't cook? I was thinking oatmeal (I used to just add cold water and splenda) and some protein. I will be working at 545am when school starts a few days a week and will be doing cardio first then working out after I eat. ( I work at the school rec). The rest of the diet is easy enough being that All I let myself buy is chicken, tuna (sometimes add a little BBQ sauce, its really good!), brown rice, broccoli, and natty peanut butter.

Also what do you think I should do about a "cheat day" I like to have one day a week to eat bad but don't know if it has hindered my recent attempts at loosing this fat.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
So long as your diet and training are where they should be you will do very well supplementing with only the basics. A multi, Vit C, Whey and Creatine + the fat loss product of your choice (you mentioned DCP which is great).

A cheat day is fine, just don't go crazy. I prefer to throw in a few cheat meals a week in contrast to eating like crap for an entire day, I'll just have some wings, or a slice of pizza for dinner. It will keep you sane and motivated.

KRuth22

Awards
That is what I just told my girl to do. We are dieting together and I just told her yesterday that we will have 2 cheat meals per week instead of on bad day.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
That is what I just told my girl to do. We are dieting together and I just told her yesterday that we will have 2 cheat meals per week instead of on bad day.
And be smart about it. If you are enjoying a cheat meal, cut the cals for the other meal as best you can to compensate.

I've also found that being able to cook low cal meals that actually taste good to be a HUGE dieting asset.

KRuth22

Awards
Yeah I am doing quite well with that because of the great invention called salsa. I will put that on eggs, chicken and rice, and just about everything. Also I am trying to eat more tuna again but so far I have been adding just a little bit (2tbsp) of BBQ sauce to them and it takes likt pulled pork and is quite good, dispite what most people think.

RickM

Awards
Also I am trying to eat more tuna again but so far I have been adding just a little bit (2tbsp) of BBQ sauce to them and it takes likt pulled pork and is quite good, dispite what most people think.
I may have to give that a try today.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
Tuna and BBQ sauce isnt bad, but I Tuna and MUSTARD is SOOO good. Find the right amount of mustard and you'll eat a can of tuna a day and love it. Get some fresh greens on a plate and toss the mustard/tuna over it. Delicious and like 200 cals max.

KRuth22

Awards
Yeah I like the mustard on it too. But if I add some greens to it I'd rather just use some vinaigrette for a salad.

KRuth22

Awards
force I ended up buying those supplements you recommended. I just started on them last week. SO I will have to keep you posted on my progress.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
force I ended up buying those supplements you recommended. I just started on them last week. SO I will have to keep you posted on my progress.
Nice! I'm sorry I haven't been following up on this thread that much. What supplements did you get your hands on?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This diet actually had me the leanest i had ever been since recently. I really enjoyed it and didnt feel like sh!t on it.

KRuth22

Awards
I got a bottle of DCP, Restore, and Anabolic Pump. (thank you student load check). And I am also taking fish oil, multi, and whey.
As some added motivation, I signed up for this Body for Break competition at the rec center. it is a competition whose winner is the person who has changed their body the most. Body Fat percentage if my biggest thing.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I got a bottle of DCP, Restore, and Anabolic Pump. (thank you student load check). And I am also taking fish oil, multi, and whey.
As some added motivation, I signed up for this Body for Break competition at the rec center. it is a competition whose winner is the person who has changed their body the most. Body Fat percentage if my biggest thing.
That's really cool! Do they check people who enter the contest for blood plasma levels of anabolic/androgenic steroids?

KRuth22

Awards
no, they didn't check, and I don't think so at the end of the contest though. I work there so it would be easy to find out

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I found this diet to be incredibly easy to follow. You might actually be amazed at how full it leaves you most of the time, I've found the satiety from this diet to be unparalleled. Energy levels should be great after a few days adjustment time. By the time you reach the 3rd day you'll likely be starting to crave carbohydrates to some degree, but the large carb-up meal should relieve those cravings nicely.

I eat in this fashion most of the time now. If I'm simply looking to maintain weight I allow 1 or 2 cheat meals a week, if I'm looking to cut bodyfat I follow the diet very closely.